Fear of Fish

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Post Reply
Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Fear of Fish

Post by Boogiebop »

Well Fear of Fish's 20th strip will be going up shortly so here you have it. It's a charming little strip about a less than warm hearted movie critic and his long suffering roommate. It goes a little deeper than that (or rather it doesn't) but i'll let you find out for yourself.

On that note. We officially disown the second and third comics, they were awful. But we hit our stride after that and jumped back on the comedy train. Toot toot.

http://fearoffish.rpgreality.com/ (NSFW)

We're open to all forms of criticism. Be it about my constantly fluctuating art style or Stu's inability to write three sentences without using the word ennui. I'll also accept criticism/insults on individual frames because I'm the first to admit I make a shitload of mistakes.

Yeah

*Sweats*

(Edit)

On that note I know the first few comics were a touch large. But I've found a good size to space ratio and all of the comics will be sticking with it from now on. We're getting better!
Last edited by Boogiebop on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

Heh. Egg on my face. Because of a technical problem the 20th comic was delayed but it just went up so we're no longer jail bait!

Also. I would have an image in the topic but they're all a touch large. (700 pix wide at 72 dpi res)

Anyway. Enjoy.
Image

User avatar
Thereforeiam
Regular Poster
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Canada, Eh?
Contact:

Post by Thereforeiam »

I like your comic, I can see your art style developing, and it's nice to have the dialogue in readable order, but your banner scares me. Remake your banner to please me :D
Image

Assumedfailure
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 am
Location: where the wumpuses roam
Contact:

Post by Assumedfailure »

I would have to say that is quite the awesome comic. And I'm sorry thereforeiam but I disagree, I like the scary banner.

Really now, that is one of the few comics where I laugh at 60+ percent of them. Thats really hard to do, I'm a stuck up bitch (I don't laugh at that many of my own comics). Well you have a new fan.

Cheers,
M. "Mr. Wumpus" DiPietro

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

I love you. Brevity loves you. You're welcome in our cave anytime.

I am working on a new banner (if only because my art skills have tightened a smigeon.) although I do love the 'Evil Kirby Mistle' banner.

My initial designs for Mistle looked a shitload like the lead character (i can't find a name, does he have one?) from your comic A.F. Scarily so.

Oh man my ego is sooo stoked. I'm gonna find some hookers to abduct.
Image

Assumedfailure
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 am
Location: where the wumpuses roam
Contact:

Post by Assumedfailure »

(The lead male character's name is Galen (which was indirectly mentioned all of once), the female one doesn't have a name yet, well more she does, but it isn't in the comic yet.)
Yeah it kind of scared me too when I noticed how simular the characters looked, especiall in the last 2 frames of http://fearoffish.rpgreality.com/view.p ... 2006-07-02 that one, well I guess that isn't really true any more now that I've changed his hair, oh well. (its even scarier as my long ago looked like real crap drawings of Galen looked even more like. Mistle)

And finally it amazes me that you update three times a week.

Enjoy bagging hookers.

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

assumedfailure wrote:
And finally it amazes me that you update three times a week.
Truth be told I don't update as much as I'd like. I've nailed the comic processs so it takes me maybe 4-5 hours for a six pannel comic. Since most of our strips are 3 pannel gags that makes for a very short production time. We keep it at 3 a week because Stu wants to keep each strip funny as opposed to having odd moments of glory and shitty filler most of the time.
Image

Assumedfailure
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 am
Location: where the wumpuses roam
Contact:

Post by Assumedfailure »

well it just amazes me because if I manage to make one comic a week I'm pretty amazed with myself.

User avatar
Fecundity
Regular Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:42 am
Contact:

Re: The Big 2.0

Post by Fecundity »

Boogiebop wrote: We're open to all forms of criticism. Be it about my constantly fluctuating art style or Stu's inability to write three sentences without using the word ennui. I'll also accept criticism/insults on individual frames because I'm the first to admit I make a shitload of mistakes.
I like your art, especially in the more recent strips. You might consider choosing a different font, though. Comic Sans always screams "I just used whatever was already installed on my computer" to me.
Image

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

I did actually take that into considering during the hideous earlier strips. I'm not overly taken with c sans myself. But as my handwriting looks like the scrawlings of a spastic being raped by a bull hand writing the stuff wasnt' an option. Any suggestions as to an alternative font? Comic sans is a pretty clear and easy to read font, and it has 'comic' in the title. That's a sure sign that Bill Gates made it just for me. Seriously though, any suggestions as to an alternative font are welcome. And if the only thing people hate is the font, well, I'm quite satisifed with that.

Thanks.

-bb
Image

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

thereforeiam wrote:I like your comic, I can see your art style developing, and it's nice to have the dialogue in readable order, but your banner scares me. Remake your banner to please me :D
See I changed it just to please you. And i changed the font too. Aren't I nice.
Image

User avatar
Fecundity
Regular Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:42 am
Contact:

Post by Fecundity »

Boogiebop wrote:And i changed the font too. Aren't I nice.
See, fan service doesn't always have to involve boobs.

Looks good.
Image

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

The site has been updated so it doesn't look like something geocities shat out and we have all that fancy shit people say we need, like an faq and working browse buttons.


Also. Thanks to Assumed failure for linking to us in his links section. I didn't realise you'd done it man. Thanks.

Allright people, time to pick at my carcass like angry buzzards if the comic doesn't please you. Fire away.
Image

Post Reply