End-World : Awaken to the dream...

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Theflyingkitty
Regular Poster

End-World : Awaken to the dream...

Post by Theflyingkitty »

Allright, so this is much more about web layout and content than about the comic. I know I need to work on my comic layout skills, along with charecter drawing and what-not.

In ANY case, any opinions?

Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster

Post by Chibiartstudios »

I'd say it's pretty good. I'd really like to have a whole chapter out before making a call on it. With only 6 pages it's hard to comment on the plot. What I will say is that I like it so far and I can also make a few pointers art wise.

The biggest problem that I saw was that some of the text the main character speaks is in a font that's a little difficult to read. Not impossible. But it does distract a bit.

Next you should add more story into each comic. The plot is moving along fine for a print comic but remember, webcomics are a bit quicker paced since it will be days between each new page.

As for nit picking I think you should explore a few more interesting angles. take this: http://thedream.keenspace.com/d/20041117.html page for example. You could perhapse try and get the camera realy under him so you can see the underside of his chin as well as the stars. If this angle is hard print out a digital photo of yourself and use it as a reference. The main point though is to mix up the POV a bit more. That asside I loved the way you shaded that guys pants. I sound like a geek for admiring clothes but I liked it all the same.

In any case I'll hold off reviewing the writing in any depth for when you have 25+ pages out that should give me enough to look at.
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:

Theflyingkitty
Regular Poster

---

Post by Theflyingkitty »

Thanks for the helpful crit (I really do apreciate it) but what about the web layout?

Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster

I'd make it a tad thinner width wise. I have so scroll sideways to see it all and that is a no no. Other than that I think it's fine. No glaring errors so far.
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:

Theflyingkitty
Regular Poster

--

Post by Theflyingkitty »

How much farther do you think? I'm on a widescreen laptop.

Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster

On my current resulution it's fine but my friend (whos computer I was using at the time) runs at a lower one. You may want to test your site with a lower res just to test it. As for numbers? I honestly have no clue. Sorry ^_^