COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT.

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Unityflow

OK

Post by Unityflow »

Truce.

K-Dawg you're a gentleman, and thanks for answering my question.

As for the promotion of my comic, it's not like that, I just got excited that I managed to sort out a keenspace account, that's all.

Thanks....

.... although you did just secure another hit on your site by being completely reasonable.
Visit the Flowfield Unity galleries at:
http://www.freewebs/flowfieldunity/index.html

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Unityflow: The forum description is under my control. Why? Because I'm the admin.

Now calm down! I don't want to call up my friend Thalamasa off of MZDM because some primitive screwhead can't get it through his/her/it's thick skull that ad hominen attacks and other arguments only get him nowhere but banned from the board. If you suddenly get a "Needs to contact STrRedWolf" or "Dead Human Walking" rank, you know you are in trouble.

I've changed the forum description, and the new absolute minimum is 20. This is long enough to at least establish your major characters and start a plotline. I would recommend finishing at least one plotline before reviewing it -- I think everyone and their mom has made these one-shot comics.

Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Post by Kris X »

Thanks Kelly.

And Untiflow, I'm sorry I came off hardass, but as Dawg said-I don't have the control admins do. Perhaps I did come on a bit hard, but you have to understand that we get a lot of "one hit wonder" pitches and an equally amount of buttload of complaints.

Just trying to protect you before people attack you in your actual Pitch thread because you don't have enough comic to grasp.

Hope you re-pitch when you have a fair amount and please do join the community, as Dawg has pointed out.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Pillywiggin
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Pillywiggin »

If you'd like to make the rules clearer for people, it might also be a good idea to change "DON'T MAKE ME KILL YOU" to something more like "[RULES] DON'T MAKE ME KILL YOU" or even make it really simple and call it "Pitching Rules"
Image Image Image

Dutch!
Red galah

Post by Dutch! »

You do realise, though, Kris, that you've locked more threads in the last few weeks than everybody else combined? This is the second or third time this month you've mentioned reporting people as well, basically for disagreeing with you and not stepping down. You do appear a little trigger happy from the outside looking in, is all I'm saying.

Cheers.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

Well, Dutch, this is a very specialized forum, with specific rules/guidelines (maybe we should be more specific about what are rules and what are guidelines). It's not like General Discussion or OffTopic where mostly anything goes. Part of our job is to filter the crap. Just happens Kris has been getting to it before me this week.
Pillywiggin wrote:If you'd like to make the rules clearer for people, it might also be a good idea to change "DON'T MAKE ME KILL YOU" to something more like "[RULES] DON'T MAKE ME KILL YOU" or even make it really simple and call it "Pitching Rules"
Yeah, the title of that thread has been five or six different things, and it doesn't matter. There will be people who don't read it. It seemed to me the words "don't make me kill you" in big bold cap letters would at least warrant enough interest to see what this madman is talking about. Objection noted, though.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Dutch!
Red galah

Post by Dutch! »

Not disputing that at all, Duff, just noticing that there's been a lot of locked threads here lately and in a few other forums. It's mainly the reporting of people for what I (others may not share my views, but that's okay) usually see as fairly trivial reasons.

I know it's often a fairly thankless job, and one I wouldn't touch with a barge pole myself, so don't take any of this too much to heart.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?

Nutcracker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Nutcracker »

You're not the only one who noticed it, Dutch. :-?

Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Post by Sput »

I noticed it, and don't really have a problem with it much.

I rather like that the guidelines are all squeaky clean and clear now. :3
lazy sput is lazy.

Princess
Regular Poster

Post by Princess »

yeah- If they are upset with getting a thread locked then they can always come back and make another.

BERSERKERCREW
Regular Poster

Post by BERSERKERCREW »

asenine replies?? though i am guilty of some of those.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Um, what?

KODAMA
Spodama Mon

Post by KODAMA »

http://yeahduff.keenspace.com/

D: that webcomic won't update enough. I read the whole archive three times XD
And the guy's been missing from the comic for a while now. :o I hope he's OK.
I'M MAKING A GAME | GALLERY | The old webcomic:http://www.skimlines.com | [url=irc://irc.esper.net/keenspace]irc://irc.esper.net/keenspace[/url]

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Bah, that comic sucks.

ChrisChrusherComix
Regular Poster

Newsbox is offending some of my viewers...

Post by ChrisChrusherComix »

I've had some complaints from viewers of offensive comics being advertised on the newsbox. Some of my readers don't want to see ads for - example - gay young men comics. I'd heard a series of complaints. Is there any way to have the newsbox without any offensive ads? Or are they all just automatic?
-Christopher Galletta Stevens, Graphic Artist, Cartoonist, and Webmaster of the following websites & webcomics:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

The newsbox is displayed depending on what you've rated your comic. If your comic is PG, you'll only get newsboxes from comics rated PG or lower. NC-17 comics will get all the newsboxes. The only way to get rid of them, in that case (as far as I'm aware), would be to just stop having a newsbox on your site altogether.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

Risky

Post by Risky »

Sounds like "Soccer is Full of Cheese". What rating does a comic get if one character likes another romantically and they are the same gender? Or as one of the complainants readers said, "mens touching mens!"

Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Post by Black Sparrow »

Welcome to the world of webcomics. Here, you and your readers are bound to come across things that make you uncomfortable. Things like homosexuality just aren't going to be censored here. It's not that big a deal, to most of us.

Really, if it's too big a problem, just tell your readers to refresh the page so they don't have to look at what they find offensive.

*Note: the opinions expressed in this post do no reflect those of the general community, but rather the reigned in rantings of an offended sexual deviant. Don't hold the community responsible for this post.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImage

ChrisChrusherComix
Regular Poster

Post by ChrisChrusherComix »

I dunno. I never paid attention to what one he was complaining about. Another emailed me about ads to two strips in particular, but didn't elaborate.

It does bring up a good point: What do the sexually-oriented webcomics get? IMO, Gay or straight, if your content is sexual/lusty in nature, it should get an adult rating even if there's no nudity. No censoring... just if you don't want sexual content on your site, you can choose not to put it on or something. I don't have any brazen sexual content or uncensored nudity in either of my comics, but I do have some goofing on people, violence and language in Chrusher, so I rated it as mature teen-to-adult. Might that be how I got the ad? Should I lower my rating? I do like the ad there to spread other comics on this site (and I was going to make one for me soon too)... but I've had a few complaints about the sexual ones, that's all.
-Christopher Galletta Stevens, Graphic Artist, Cartoonist, and Webmaster of the following websites & webcomics:

Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Post by Black Sparrow »

Ah, yes. A lot of the seuxual-but-not-explicitly-so comics are running on an MA rating right now (that's the one you're on). To get rid of the sexual ads, you may have to fudge your own rating a bit by changing it to Web-14. Fifteen year olds can handle a little cussing, if it keeps your readers happy.

Your comic seems pretty clean, anyway.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImage