To Be Anounced

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

how is my web comic?

Good
11%
Ok
No votes
so-so
No votes
Needs Work
44%
Gah! My eyes!
44%

Total votes : 9

To Be Anounced

Postby Darian on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:35 pm

Well, here is my pathetic atempt at a web comic, although meny tell me its not bad. Special thanks to scriptcreator for the help.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/termanator/Comics/Home

I try to update it mondays, wensdays, and fridays, but i'm lucky to get it up once a week. Tough cookies for you! ^.^ enjoy!
Darian

Postby Jackhass on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:01 pm

A few fairly funny comics in there...

...but your art is full of copy and paste stuff...and considering the fact that you have a copy and pasted T-rex as a character, you comic seems to be a rip-off of Dinosaur comics.

Everyone else are sarcastic videogame playing nerds...so in other words you're also ripping off Penny arcade.

Just copying 2 established comics and smushing them into one entity doesn't count as originality.

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero

Postby BryanOlsson on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:07 am

He's using strip creator (http://www.stripcreator.com/). I'm not sure where to begin. I guess number one would be, start drawing stuff yourself, or at least make the thing's you're gonna copy & paste. I'm sure a few people will be able to recommend software you can use to accomplish those goals. (I think GIMP has been mentioned a couple times)

The second would be, use spell check. When you're writing the dialogue, whether you continue to use strip creator or not, put it into Microsoft Word or some other program with a spell checker. You're spelling and grammar are pretty bad and makes me not want to read your comics. It also portrays the image that you don't really care about the strip that much.

I have to admit, I didn't read all of your comics, it was too hard for me to sit through all of them, so I probably missed some of your better material. But if you look at it like I am Joe Q. Public reading your comic, I probably spent more time than they would. If you fix the first two issues, you'll be on your way to a better comic, from there you can start thinking about plot and scripting and other stuff like that.
BryanOlsson
Regular Poster

Postby Darian on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:02 pm

um, yea. I did say i used script creator, and thats alot of copy paste. as for where the dino came from, it was there and i just used it. Now, as for my artistic talents, i couldn't draw a descent character to save my life. And, as for the spelling and grammer, ppptthh! I dont need spelling or grammer, that is like air. It's for sissys! Anyway, um, thanks for teh critisizem, i gues. nothing i haven't heard before.
Darian

Postby Grayswandir on Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:26 pm

Darian wrote:And, as for the spelling and grammer, ppptthh! I dont need spelling or grammer, that is like air. It's for sissys! Anyway, um, thanks for teh critisizem, i gues. nothing i haven't heard before.

You know, if you are just going to blow people off when they tell you what they think...why post?
Unless of course, your response was supposed to be humorous or cynical... :)
Tank'd-Clogging the gutter and loving it...
I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.
Grayswandir
Regular Poster

Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Postby Darian on Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:50 am

twas a humorous remark. Thanks for the replys. As i edit these things in html, spell checking i miss teh first time is a little harder to find. I would draw my own, but A) my scanner is broken and i am not going to pay for a new one right now, and B) i have little if any artistic tallent, beleave me, i tried. Soooo, this is what you get.
Darian

Return to Comic Pitching