The boy who cried "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE"!!!

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

The boy who cried "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE"!!!

Postby TheDeeMan on Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:26 am

STARTING TODAY AT GROOVY ASS ALIEN KREATURES ONLINE!!!

Let me ask you. Say there was an all points red alert of Spielbergian proportions? Oh, like maniacal aliens from outer space hatching a fiendish plot to take over the earth and meet the original cast of "Star Trek"? What's the use in having a genius, whiz kid, hacker slacker, doppleganger if he won't stop downloading fake naked pictures of Britney Spears long enough to help you save the world? I mean really.

"G.A.A.K: GROOVY ASS ALIEN KREATURES" by Darryl Hughes and Monique MacNaughton. It's like "The Goonies" meets "The Invaders from Mars".

If your not reading GAAK--YOU SHOULD BE!!!

GAAK Online
http://www.drunkduck.com/GAAK
It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show "The Avengers" with a dash of James Bond for flavor!
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php
TheDeeMan
Regular Poster

Postby Van Douchebag on Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:04 am

This is your fourth pitch in here. You've only been active in this forum.

If you want people to read your shiz become a community member instead of a plug and run.

If anything your pitches makes me not want to read your comic. They sound like bad ads in Previews and are pretty arrogant.
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheDeeMan on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:14 am

First, is this not the place to post news of updates to your comic? If not I apologize. But that is what I was told.

Second, I'm new to Keen. And have been spending the great majority of my time at Spot. And since your name is familiar to me from over there, mine should be familiar to you as well. But thanks for keeping track of my whereabouts and the number of my posts. I was wondering who's job that was--Now I know.

Third, if you don't want to read my "shiz" because my site updates say more than "come read my comic"--THEN DON'T!!! I don't remember extending you a personal invitation anyway.

Thanks for your 2 cents, though. Have a nice day. :)

Dee
It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show "The Avengers" with a dash of James Bond for flavor!
TheDeeMan
Regular Poster

Postby Van Douchebag on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:10 am

Are you illiterate or just ignorant?
Comic Pitching
This is where you pitch your webcomic, or get it reviewed. Please keep threads on task with reviews.

A pitch is not a "Hey! Look at me! I updated my comic!"
A pitch is "Hey, check out what I've been working on for a while."

Unless you've been working on your comic for years and have a few hundred strips you want people to take a look at I surmise it is redundant to post more than one pitch.

Furthmore you are not "new" either. 2 monthes is more than enough time to acquaint yourself with this forum unless you don't give a damn about the forum and just come here to plug your site.

Might I quote...
If your not reading GAAK--YOU SHOULD BE!!!

That pretty much stands for itself for the arrogance dealy. You are not Mike Krahulik or Scott Kurtz, so basicly you have no ground to sport a catchphrase like that.
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grayswandir on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:33 am

Uh, your pitch tells me nothing about your comic other than that it has something to do with Star Trek, a strange perv who likes downloading pics of Brittney Spears and that he's (she's) a lazy moron...
Com'on here, give us more info...
Tank'd-Clogging the gutter and loving it...
I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.
Grayswandir
Regular Poster

Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Postby YarpsDat on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:06 am

I have to agree with Van here.

You post nothing but plugs. (heh, but plugs)
Actually, this one looked promising "The boy who cried 'soylent green is people!!!'", and then I clicked to see, and I was all like
"*sigh* it's that dude that again", and I no longer felt like checking out the comic.

Also, the parts in ALL CAPS annoyed me, so I skipped them. And then I skipped the part between them for good measure. Then I returned to read them, and I regretted it. (I regretted returning, not skipping, skipping was fine)

I saw your comic before, but I didn't like it. I didn't want to say that before but today I feel nasty enough.
Anyways, I don't like it, but I'm not sure why.
Perhaps it's that constant splash-page feel. It makes everything unclear, and confusing, and iritating, and I don't really feel like reading anything.
And you seem to end every page in a cliff hanger of sorts, boh-ring!
And I don't like the way you draw faces, I have no freakin idea why, they just look odd to me. Perhaps it's that looking straight through me thing they do every other panel.

And finally... hmm, maybe it's just me, but your comic, just like your post seems to have "LOOK AT ME I'M SO COOL!" written all over it. Like you're desperately trying to be "cool".
It doesn't work.

Also, this is _NOT_ a place to post news of updates to your comic.
If you have your own forum, that's the right place to post such news. Does this look like your own, personal forum? Hmmm?

There you go. Next time just bump this thread instead of posting another, huh?
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheDeeMan on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:54 am

No problem. I won't post my updates here anymore since they annoy people. That was not my intent.

Carry on. I won't bother you again.

Dee
TheDeeMan
Regular Poster

Return to Comic Pitching