Tank'd - Stuck in the gutter and slowly drowning

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Tank'd - Stuck in the gutter and slowly drowning

Postby Grayswandir on Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:36 am

...Take job-hunting, violence, smoking, and drinking...then flush it down the toilet...

Description
Tank'd is about two job-hunters who live together in the same apartment. They take on various jobs in the hope that they will get paid...with money.

May - The female lead of sorts. She's your average, everyday, job-hunter-looking-for-a-job-female-armed-with-a-gun-and-a-short-fuse...Yeah...you know what I mean.

Harry - He's undead and has no sense of right or wrong. He enjoys smoking, drinking, gloating, killing things, and being a lecher. He wears anything with a wide brim and anything out of date.

At the moment its all hand-drawn, hand-penned, and scanned...I'm hopefully going to get my WACOM up and running soon.
Tank'd is drawn to be psuedo-manga/anime/my own random chicken scratch. Basically, its a mutt.

There is excessive swearing, violence, (im)mature humor, one-liners, occasional men dressed in women's clothing, and the ever so infamous sex jokes...Tank'd is WEB-MA for obvious reasons.

I only have 30 pages up right now and the first storyline (Binge #1) isn't completely uploaded yet (Its finished but not online) because the computer that was connected to the scanner is now vacationing in Oregon...

UPCOMING: Future plans for Tank'd
Binge #2: HARD KILL
Harry pisses off a clan of assassins while grocery shopping for May.

Binge #3: ANKLE BITER
Harry and May get hired to take care of...a kid?!

So, take a load off, grab a beer, and enjoy!
Comments appreciated.
Tank'd-Clogging the gutter and loving it...
I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.
Grayswandir
Regular Poster

Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Postby Grayswandir on Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:58 am

Almost forgot, I try to update on Fridays, but it isn't a fixed schedule...so basically at least once a week.
Grayswandir
Regular Poster

Postby Krytos55 on Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:12 pm

Almost forgot, I try to update on Fridays, but it isn't a fixed schedule...so basically at least once a week.

With large gaps inbetween thoes weeks. Nah, I'm just kidding, you know I love your comic. You forgot to mention the really cool guns too.
Updates Wednesdays
Krytos55
Regular Poster

Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States of Robot Facisim v2.0

Postby Jackhass on Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:22 am

Yikes...where to start...

...crudely drawn characters, art that doesn't appear to have been cleaned up in the slightest after scanning, lots of wackiness for the sake of wackiness (oh ho...one character's a skeleton...who's introduced with a bag over his head...har har), 4th wall breaking. Use of messy hand lettering.

Typical "cool tomboy" female character who's all eye-rolling, sarcastic lines and sudden angry outbursts.

You start some story/action sequence before people have any idea who your characters are, and thus we dont' care about any of it. Plus the action is impossible to follow. Oh, and is this an adventure comic, or is it a gag strip? What's with the strips that are just pictures of sci-fi style guns?

What's even the premise of this strip...why does this skeleton know the girl? Why are they always getting in gunfights? Maybe you explained it on some cast page or something, but it should be explained within the actual comic itself.

Oh, and there's broken links and the size/layout of you comics varies wildly.

[Reads above]...jeez, this is coming off harsh. One good thing...the skeleton guy shoots the TV when anime comes on. He has good taste. But then you draw everyone using an anime style...so I'm not sure why you're also deciding to insult it.

The interplay between you characters is pretty good, plus despite what I said before...having a skeleton character is actually kind of cool. I mean, I admit...once I started I read all the way through...so you must be doing something right. The comic needs a lot of work...but the beginning of something good here.

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grayswandir on Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:51 am

Well, thanks for being blunt and not trying to butter it up so it doesn't hurt my feelings or whatever...*pout*
;)
I admit, the drawings are crudely drawn. Unfortuantly, that won't change until I can save up enough money for my own scanner. I can't stay on the computer long enough to do any smoothing before my parents think I'm surfing the web or playing games. :( I'll be setting up my WACOM soon...if I can get the software...bah...

Yes, the beginning and the characters (The only fully developed ones are The Cockroach and Harry) are sketchy, when I orginally started it, I was drawing it in the middle of Fine Arts II class when I should have been doing work. :D I need to flesh out May, and I'm working on it. Unfortuantly, I made it harder on myself by not doing it in the beginning. The bag on the head joke is really dumb, but for some reason people seemed to like it, so I kept it in there...I think they were high at the time or something.

The comic is a gag/adventure strip...Its supposed to tell a story about characters and then be humorous at the same time. I draw in a kinda anime style but I decided to begin by making fun of anime/manga because thats what I know. :) I plan on making fun of all sorts of stuff during each adventure. I mean, hey, if I have to take myself seriously all the time, whats the points, no? :)

Thanks for the input, I'll see what I can do.
Also, if you could tell me what links are broken I'll fix 'em. All of them work on the computers I've tested them on.
Grayswandir
Regular Poster

Postby Jackhass on Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:27 pm

Ah, okay...damn parents! I guess you're excused for having comics that look quickly scanned.

Heh, well anyways...sorry for the bluntness. But hey, I gotta' live up to my username. And when I finally get enough comics up I'll put my strip up for review...so you can get your sweet revenge then.

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero

Return to Comic Pitching