Glumco Comics

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Glumco Comics

Postby Cheezy WEAPON on Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:56 am

Glumco Comics
18+ or over please!

http://glumco.keenspace.com

A comic about the big conglomerate company, Glumco, and it's residents. From the top, a demon who experiments on the perfect product to cash in big, to the bottom, a little boy who's job is it to give enemas to all of Merideth's slaves, and to the middle, the misfits inbetween.

(On a second thought, maybe I shouldn't of plugged this comic when we decided to kill all the people of earth.. Hm..)
Cheezy WEAPON

Postby Jackhass on Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:44 pm

I think your art's pretty nice.

But the writing...uhhh, makes little to no sense, full of stupid anime cliches, totally needless adult content and 4th wall breaking. I'll pass.

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cheezy WEAPON on Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:06 pm

Did anyone read beyond the latest comic? Or, more precise, before it?

(I picked the worst possible time to plug it: During the "unnecessary self ranting" comic period.. :P )

Am I targeting the wrong audience? I mean, I may not have a four panel strip with a gag at the end, but come on..

Eh, I didn't expect much anyways. I came to early. :/ Oh well, I'll be back in a year.
Cheezy WEAPON

Postby Van Douchebag on Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:19 am

The problem is, Cheeze, is you'd hafta introduce them to Alice In Pimpland first to make more of Glumco make sense.
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cheezy WEAPON on Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:20 am

Alice in Pimpland.. Hmm.. It's not really the same thing, but it does need a complete run-down page that describes it in a nutshell. Also, I could do one for Glumco. That makes sense.

Thanks Van. ^ ^
Cheezy WEAPON

Postby Hippo on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:06 pm

Jackhass wrote:But the writing...uhhh, makes little to no sense, full of stupid anime cliches, totally needless adult content and 4th wall breaking. I'll pass.

Stupid anime cliches! Totally needless adult content!! 4th Wall breaking!!! Sounds great where do I sign? :D

:P Reading it as I'm speaking (derrr...typing)...I'll give a full critique later.
Hippo

lonnnnng read!

Postby Hippo on Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:23 am

Well... I'm going to be honest here and say that in the begining of the strip I sort of got confused with the story. I didn't really understand what was happening.
Let see...A girl grew an extra -ahem- body part/organ and then something about she liked it but now she's dead. eh...then it jumped over to the butt boy and I could follow a little bit there. I don't understand why he has to insert fluids into these ladies -ahehem- yeahstuffness...but I'm guessing that'll come later on in the story line, eh, right?

Hey - I really liked where you were going with the rant. I'm guessing that was the head demon person and it's assistant. I thought it was clever that you decided to make the comic site importance as part of your comic. Just out of curiosity, is your comic site the "perfect product"? Cuz, if that's where your going with it then I think you are brilliant.

Sir you have a few plot holes in the beginning. But I don't suggest you go back and redo them - what's best to clear this up is to come back around and explain things later. Plug the holes in the later episodes.

Other things that bothered me slightly were the fact that the boobs of the chicks in some of the scenes were like chameleon eye balls - pointing in completely different directions. Remember that even when a girl with big knockers/or even little ones, moves around or jumps up and down - gravity does affect them big time. (Along with gravity, a females body shape affects the way the boobs rest on their torso. Womens breasts are pectoral muscles - so they aren't like bubbles attatched to the chest - they have muscles that link them to the deltoids and the obliques and other areas I'm sure. I've studied anatomy and figure drawing extensively.)
-Eheheh well I guess it doesn't really matter that much if you don't want to make the boobies semi-realistic. (Wow a whole paragraph on boobies! :oops: )

Oh and the perspective of the girls(Epa, lala, stitches) on one of the pages was kind of wierd. But that probably wont matter if you're going for surreal or dreamlike or whatever.

As a whole, I think you're off to a good start. I've read alot...and I mean alot...of online comics. I've even read quite a few regular take-to-the-bathroom and-read regular and trade paperback comics.

I want to see more of this comic - so chop chop - feed me more, for I am hungry.
Hippo

Postby Cheezy WEAPON on Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:28 am

Thank you so much for the serious review! ^o^ Ah.. Finally a good reason behind the comments and not just a flat-out "it sucks". This is the kinda thing I want so I know what to improve! ^ ^

About Pin and her boobs: Ah.. I can see what you mean.. I alway thought that when one boob faces the viewer, the other faces sideways. That's a
cliche I need to fix. Her boobs are supposed to be real (and big), but in that shot they seem to be drooling over her arms and disobeying the laws of gravity (big boobs tend to do that). (Oh, or are you talking about Ann? Yeah, her boobs are HUGE and fake.. *laughs* )

Her "Thingy": She always had it. I made it seem like she just got it.. ^ ^; Hm.. I ment it to be more of she always had insecurities about it and even though she "uses" it, she didn't like it.. Until now. ... For some reason. (Plot hole. ^ ^;;) The girl has been killed by it and the ending is a really bad way for justifying rape (just cause she thinks she liked it doesn't make humping random people right).

Epa Lala & Stitches: That shot was like a very cheap doom game.. Where they all look like cardboard cut-outs. Kinda intentional and cheap, I know.

The Rant Comic: Yes, the perfect product IS the comic. But even so it falls into it's own pit at the end. I tried to put in all the cliches all at once.. One of these days it's going to be on "What-not-to-do-in-a-webcomic"..

Butt Boy: His job makes no sense.. And it's dehumanizing.. But it's the only thing he could do. He's only 8. (It's a last minute suggestion to convince Merideth that his slaves need to be cleaned that none of the maids would do, otherwise he burns in the Furnaces.)

Thanks again for the suggestions!!
Cheezy WEAPON

bleh

Postby Hippo on Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:44 pm

I wanted to give your comic a critique because I thought it was worth it! I only give critiques to peoples whos comics I like. Now that I look back on it I gave quite alot of info, I probably should've slimmed down a little. Eheh... I went on a critiquing rampage on you - sorry about that.

I like where you are going with this comic and I am a fan now that I've come across this thread.

Most of my stuff is my two cents and whatever you do I'm sure will be good for you comic - as long as Nichole Kidman doesn't show up in your comic somewheres - you're doing great!!!
Hippo

Return to Comic Pitching