Hejhox

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Hejhox

Postby Hejhox on Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:34 pm

Well, I posted this in another forum, but I got no replies, I suppose I probably picked the wrong forum to post it in. Anyway, comments appreicated, here we go again:

Hello all. Basically I've been doing webcomics at http://hedgehogs.keenspace.com for a while now, from a cartoon about Hedgehogs (which is about to be relaunched) to one about a Factory. I feel I've definitely made strides in terms of artwork, but I'm asking as to whether you guys can help me further, writing or art wise. So if you'd like to help, read a few of the cartoons, there are many, preferably a few from Hedgehogs and Factory (use the links in the quick-jump to get to different series) and give your opinions on what I should be looking at.

Thanks a lot guys.

If you want a peek at the current 'Hejhox' series coming up, one comic is located here: http://hedgehogs.keenspace.com/avatars/hejhox-sample.jpg
Hejhox

Postby Cortland on Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:30 am

Hiya Hej. I browsed through a few of your comics. They're very interesting, though your humor seems much darker and more sarcastic than your bright and whimsical style implies. What are your plans for the strip? I think you have something going here--weird, but weird in a very amusing sort of way. The WTF strips were especially mind-tripping. Keep going!

And by the way, your site is one of the BEST DESIGNED web comics sites I've seen on Keenspace... seriously! Good work.
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hejhox on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:24 pm

cortland wrote:And by the way, your site is one of the BEST DESIGNED web comics sites I've seen on Keenspace... seriously! Good work.

Literally a few hours after you've posted, I've uploaded a totally redesigned site (I've chopped a lot off to make it a lot leaner). Here's hoping you still like it. :)

Thanks for the feedback. My plans for Hejhox are basically the interaction between a power-crazed evil manic (Sammy), the idiot (Harry) and a drunken genius (Squidge). Essentially the same as previous hedgehogs cartoons but more focus on each hedgehog's character. The next few cartoons are based on each characters choices on what to do with their new fingers.
Hejhox

Postby Hejhox on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:22 pm

Well it's a bit further down the line now, and any additional feedback is welcome.

Check out the last 5 here.
Hejhox

Postby Hippo on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:50 pm

Well from the few that I've seen so far I think your comic is very clever! Clever enough that I think it should be one of the funnies in the sunday paper. Maybe even replace Family Circle.

The only thing I think I could gripe about is the style of your characters. But that's not really that important considering that I see that you've designed them well and appropriately for this material. I'm just not fond of the style - it's in my own head I guess. The humor definately makes up for it with me though.

I am surely humbled by your comic. For I make comics as well - one of which will hopefully be on keenspace next week - but my story/gags/writing/so on is not even half as good as yours. And quite frankly I don't think too many comic artists/writers out there could come up with such clever and cute and very funny material. You'r work is easy to follow and the jokes are quick and simple but effective. Keep it up!

I shall favoritize you forever!
Hippo

Postby Hejhox on Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:23 am

Your comments are much appreciated. :)

You intrigue me when you say style of characters. I guess you're talking about in general so there's not much I can do about that.

If you like the little hedgehogs I suggest reading a couple of the factory cartoons. I personally think they're funnier because the characters are human and its easier for me to write funny cartoons for humans. I don't really know what hedgehogs do, but I went back the hedgehogs because they look prettier.

Check out the following factory cartoon and the one that follows, two of my favourites.
http://hedgehogs.keenspace.com/d/20030219.html

Thanks again. :)
Hejhox

Postby Godoftarot on Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:00 pm

I read a few, and I think they're cute. Not necessarily all laugh out loud funny, but really cute. Cheeky. I like it.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."
Godoftarot
Regular Poster

Return to Comic Pitching