The War of Winds- Graphic Novel

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

The War of Winds- Graphic Novel

Postby Warofwinds on Thu May 13, 2004 1:22 pm

Gah, pitchin' my slightly new comic, though the written story has been in the making for a couple of years now. You have my permission *cough* to read it here (200 pages, have fun ;)). Ahem. As for mine comic, it's not really a comic per se; it's a graphic novel (anyone read Elfquest? Kinda like that.). Updates twice every weekend once i get on a be-damned schedule. Also, set-up is NOT comic-y, it's more story-board-ish. yeah. that. Ahem.
The story behind the comic is fantasy, but here's what's on my banner:

"Long ago, Four Guardians were created to keep balance in a land of chaos.
The first guardian was the South Wind, for he was Wisdom.
The second guardian was the West Wind, and he was the embodiement of joy.
The third guardian was perhaps the most important, for he represented love.
The last guardian was the North Wind, and he was honor.
But within every creation, every true being, is the ability to hate- to destroy.
The War of Winds: A Graphic Novel"

Umm, it doesn't REALLY say that , the banner had to be edited *cough* Of course, I'm speaking metaphorically when I say "he was honor" and "he was love." If you're confused about what the banner -means-, then try and think it through. Also, the story itself does not center around the Winds, but instead the classic "journey/quest/purpose" thing with a bunch of egocentric "half-men" thrown in there, and Stormrunners, and good ol' Rrah'ashi. If I can draw it, there will be much scrumptious goodness ;). Coloring is the hard part. pffffffft.

The War of Winds: A Graphic Novel

I hope you decide to check it out.

-Kez
Last edited by Warofwinds on Fri May 28, 2004 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kez
ImageImageImage
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Postby TimberWolf on Thu May 13, 2004 8:30 pm

Here's a suggestion, those maps took awhile to load. Maybe its my WiFi lagging, but stilll. I think that you should put them in a seperate area on your page so that people can view them.

And I don't have this problem but many do, 800x600 is a courtesy format for people out there with laptops that only go that high in resolution, even though you've got the 'best viewd in 1024x768' at the top of the page.

One question though. http://warofwinds.keenspace.com/d/20040509.html What that yellow thing he's holding? Did he just choke a chicken?

Another thing, instead of making the text part of the picture, you can have a page named yyyymmdd and the text will display on the same page as the comic, er... graphic novel page.

-cheers-
*Realizes he has less free time now that school is over.*
TimberWolf
Regular Poster

Postby Warofwinds on Fri May 14, 2004 12:47 pm

no. it is not a chicken. It's a severed head. I will spread out the pictures to make loading easier. Thanks for checking it out.

-Kez
-Kez
ImageImageImage
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Next Attempt

Postby Warofwinds on Sat May 22, 2004 7:57 pm

I haven't moved the maps away from the art page, but I'm attempting a different kind of look for the comic itself. What think you all? This compared to this?

Hmmm...I probably shoulda posted this somewhere else, but oh well.

-Kez
-Kez
ImageImageImage
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Return to Comic Pitching