Since everyone's paying attention now.....

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Since everyone's paying attention now.....

Post by Yeahduff »

Week.

The second collaboration between B Duffy, the artist of 8:1, and Jason Penckofer, some guy who writes things from time to time.

Follow the adventures of Angry and Moron, two publics works employees of the village of Elmhurst, as they drive around town, filling cracks in the streets and moving leaves. Watch as Moron exercises discipline and perserverance in his mission to do as little as possible. Watch as Angry exercises discipline and perserverance in an effort not to kill Moron. It's good fun.

Less in the depressing, doomfilled real life vein of 8:1, Week and it's sequel, Week II, are more surreal and sickly humorous. I promise mutilated cicadas.

Contains violence, general ill-will, and the singing of Journey songs.

While you're there, check the previous Penckofer/Duffy collaboration "The Extraordinarily Unintersting Life of Ernest Johnson," and early, pre-Keenspace 8:1.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Thanks, V-- uh, >>.

I was thinking about moving that stuff, but judging at how long it's taken me to get that doodles page up, I might not be up to the task just yet.

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

The Extraordinarily Unintersting Life of Ernest Johnson is gold. Week and Week 2 are very interesting in their own surrealistic sort of way . . . overall, I like the atmosphere of all the strips. I'm currently going through the 8:1 archives, as well . . . very nice.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

War
Grr

Post by War »

Argh! I was on page 5 of The Extraordinarily Unexceptional Life of Ernest Johnson, and went to click for page 6 and got hit by the "exceeded allocated bandwidth" page.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Sorry War. It's OK for me. I did put that up before I knew anything about file compression......
Jim North wrote:The Extraordinarily Unintersting Life of Ernest Johnson is gold. Week and Week 2 are very interesting in their own surrealistic sort of way . . . overall, I like the atmosphere of all the strips. I'm currently going through the 8:1 archives, as well . . . very nice.
Thank you sir. I'll pass that message on to the writer.

William G
Regular Poster

Post by William G »

The style works well for your website. Keep it.

War
Grr

Post by War »

yeahduff wrote:Sorry War. It's OK for me. I did put that up before I knew anything about file compression......
Misunderstood me? Not got a problem downloading the comics, I am on T3 atm :). It's just geocities ridiculously small hourly bandwidth quota, had to wait half an hour before I could finish reading it :(.

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Hehe. Judging on previous comic you've done with him, your writer friend is pretty good.

Actually, I don't know why 8to1 is not in my links yet. (oh, yeah, I know: lazy)

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

I finally got around to reading the actual 8:1 archives and it's in my links now, fer damn sure. Just the fact that it started off with lyrics from Anarchy in the UK was enough to get me hooked. ;)
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Faub »

He updates more regularly than Blue Zombie and Mixed Myth (and Shifters and EOI and ....). I'd say that's a bonus.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Wow. Thanks.

I'll try to find a new place to put the site. I like them in seperate places. Thanks for the link, Vile.

And it seems everyone's missing updates these days. Except Faub and McDuffies, but no one likes them anyway. I'll try harder to keep up. Just got four in a row....

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Yes, yes, sorry about that Vile. Faub and McDuffies have given me things that my readers really need to see also. Don't think that wasn't much appreciated, but that's an aspect of my web design that requires actual planning, and I'm a lazy bastard with little time to shut my mind off every night. I'm gonna try to get it up this week.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Work on the doodles page is almost complete. I'll let you know when it's done.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Yeah yeah I know, but since I don't have a scanner I have to squeeze all my scanning into one half hour break at work.

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Re: Since everyone's paying attention now.....

Post by YarpsDat »

I liked week2 more than the week1. Though I think it could use some motion in the background... (I mean like in the second to last page, or someplace where noone would spot it... huh-huh-huh)

And the "The Extraordinarily Unintersting Life of Ernest Johnson" is pure GOLD.
Too bad you can't melt it into bars, because I swear, you should be able to buy a house with that much GOLD.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Post by YarpsDat »

It's a trick, you want me to say it was cheesy, right?
Nice try.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Um.... thanks......... I guess.

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Cool.

And now, after Coming Soon for a reported six months............

The Doodles Page is unveiled.

Certainly not worth the wait, but it's done, goddammit.

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

Hey, man, I think it was well worth the wait . . . er, even though since I only started reading 8:1 a bare week ago, I wasn't really waiting that long. ;)

Um, but . . . is it just me, or are the ad tags not working on those pages?

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

Hm. You're right. I don't know why that is. They're certanly there. You can see them.