Beware the Reckoner

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

Beware the Reckoner

Postby JSConner800 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 am

He's part Sinistar. Part SHODAN. Part Skynet. He's a bloodthirsty human-hating AI, and he also happens to be about 3 feet tall. His name is Dy-Gar, and he is the sole survivor of a devastating robot revolution on the distant planet of Cykta. Trapped on a dead world and haunted by a digital specter, Dy-Gar's increasingly desperate attempts to escape Cykta have culminated in a spaceship capable of interstellar travel. That is, if he can find the parts to finish it.

We are the Black Hole Collective, our comic is Steel Salvation, and this is Dy-Gar's story.

http://www.steelsalvationcomic.com/page ... 1-01c.html
My eternal schlong unravels - VeryCuddlyCornpone
JSConner800
Regular Poster

Re: Beware the Reckoner

Postby Peripheral Descent on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:01 pm

I actually found this very intriguing so far. I'm very interested to know what Dy-Gar finds at the top of the building. And I like how you hint, without revealing, there's more stuff going on.
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Re: Beware the Reckoner

Postby JSConner800 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:28 pm

Thanks for your feedback! It's been a challenge to hint at the big picture without revealing too much or too little along the way. From the very beginning, I've wanted this story to start small (hell, it starts on an extreme close-up of our one and currently only character, deities and memory girls notwithstanding) and gradually build in scope, which means keeping a tight leash on things until the moment is right. I'm glad to hear that it's working :D
My eternal schlong unravels - VeryCuddlyCornpone
JSConner800
Regular Poster

Return to Comic Pitching