My Daily Comic

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

PrincessJen wrote:Its satire, can't you tell the Triangle is the stereotypical average person, curseing, quick to judge, angry at everything, very patriotic? Or that the square is a classic closet homosexual? Come on boys its dick jokes with substance.
It's terrible satire. Get that through your head.
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Can we keep everything respectful around here please?

If you don't like it, say so. But don't be a jagoff.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Just to help you out, I think you misunderstand the meaning of a satire. A satire is a witty parody on political or daily things that eventually appear ironic. Ironic in the sense that it is so true and that it carries an underlying message...

This is something you need to know, you need to know this is not witty intellectual musings. People could be and are turned off by you excessive cusing and jokes that only make sense when your high or a "gansta." FYI, a majority of the audience you are trying to reach won't read your comic anyway because their busy looking at porn sites. That said, try making your humor more than just cussing.

You have a good technic with flash and I'd hate to see it go to waste. Try jokes that don't cuss 24-7. If you want to play on the satire, realize that one comic is enough of the cussing joke. Maybe try something different.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4667
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: bat country
Contact:

Post by LibertyCabbage »

first step is draw people or animals because shapes are just boring as hell.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"

User avatar
Oualawouzou
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:47 am
Contact:

Post by Oualawouzou »

LibertyCabbage wrote:first step is draw people or animals because shapes are just boring as hell.
People/animals do not guarantee interesting characters. I'll take an interesting shape over a boring human/animal any day.

Thirdworldvillian
Regular Poster
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:49 pm

Post by Thirdworldvillian »

People are just shapes formed into people...

Wow this is pretty harsh, deserving, but harsh. But seriously, dont try and tell us that this has some sort of deeper meaning -- cause even if it does, it is expressed in such a way that it ruins all viewing pleasure. In other words I dont really like it.

Oh and the flash work is so-so, but your practicing and thats whats inportant.

PrincessJen
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:30 am

Post by PrincessJen »

Why are you all so mean and judgemental!

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

we're just honest.

regarding shapes, theyve been done before, and better, triangle and robert had BAGS of character.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

PrincessJen wrote:Why are you all so mean and judgemental!
Some of us are mean, some of us just want to help. Take this as advice and not bashing, we do mean well... I think.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

ShineDog wrote:we're just honest..
I can be honest by using a buncha cuss words to describe your critique style, but instead I'd kindly ask you say something meaningful rather than hurtful, whether you like the work or not.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Derenge
Regular Poster
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 1:22 pm
Location: kentucky
Contact:

Post by Derenge »

Just so eveyone knows I'm quite sure that "princessjen" is a person who otherwise goes under the name "MaRiNe1". On buzzcomix a while ago they caused some trouble.

Honestly there is not any real reason for people to have lashed out from the get-go other than perhaps finding offence in your comic. The main trouble is that you seem surprised at this even though what you create clearly stirkes an annoying cord with some. I know you aim often to create annoyances and discord in online communites a look at your website will show anyone this. " Remember how I said keenspace was bad people? wham bad people in action. Heck, they don't even like cloneroids which I put up two new pages up yesterday." What else could this be there for other than to try and start conflict?

I just hope that the people around here have enough sense in the future to avoid any sort of altercation that you may be looking for. No good can come from being stupid an mean to one another so come on people, no need to be asses to one another.

PrincessJen
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:30 am

Post by PrincessJen »

anyone else got anything to say?

Monty
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:25 pm
Contact:

Post by Monty »

This comic is unbelievable. It moved me here...it moved me there...it moved me down and to the right a little, yeah thats good...oh yeah. I read the whole archive and am really touched a little, it made me rethink my lifes plans...honestly. Now I'm not so sure about wanting to become a veternarian.
Thank Africa.

Full Blown AIDS

Thirdworldvillian
Regular Poster
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:49 pm

Post by Thirdworldvillian »

hehe its deleted now.....I think we broke her feelings....

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

thirdworldvillian wrote:hehe its deleted now.....I think we broke her feelings....
Drunkduck is having one of their unscheduled frequent downtimes, I think.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

PrincessJen
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:30 am

Post by PrincessJen »

Didn't keenspace go off for a whole month and erase everyones stuff once? Maybe it was twice...

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

If it did it was years ago. The last serious downtime I remember was back in February or late January of 2004, but I've only been here for a little over a year.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Sketch286
Regular Poster
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Sketch286 »

not that I can remember, but then again I don't think I've been reading Keen comics for all that long compared to how long it's been here.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

PrincessJen wrote:Didn't keenspace go off for a whole month and erase everyones stuff once? Maybe it was twice...
Never. Been here since EARLY 2k1.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Post Reply