Comiczone

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Post Reply
User avatar
Comiczone2
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am

Comiczone

Post by Comiczone2 »

Hey, guys. Just trying to get the word out about my new comic, at http://comiczone.comicgenesis.com. It's got gaming in-jokes and plenty of other humor, so be sure to check it out- I think you'll like it. Here's a teaser of my comic:

Image
Last edited by Comiczone2 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Re: Comiczone

Post by CJBurgandy »

That is quite the teaser, seeing how it has nothing to do with the actual artwork in your comic. :/ That's kind of poor taste, really.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Re: Comiczone

Post by Killbert-Robby »

C-c-c-c-copyright issues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azIZwsCGjW0

Ok, less copyright issues, more the first thing I thought of
Image

User avatar
Comiczone2
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am

Re: Comiczone

Post by Comiczone2 »

What are you talking about? That has everything to do with the comic's artwork! I took it right out of the comic!
Image

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Re: Comiczone

Post by CJBurgandy »

sorry, the first time I looked, only the first image loaded, not the 2nd. And since the forum has a one image rule, I assumed that was it.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:48 am
Location: Should we check the internet? :S
Contact:

Re: Comiczone

Post by Robin Pierce »

I'm confused; what IS the first image there for? If it's not there for any particular reason, I would suggest you delete it.

Aside from that, happy pitching.
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Re: Comiczone

Post by Mercury Hat »

It's a Link, he said as much. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

(It's better to keep non-related images out of your pitch, however)
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Comiczone2
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am

Re: Comiczone

Post by Comiczone2 »

Yeah, my bad. I just wrote the link part and had a perfect picture- couldn't resist!

*For future reference, I removed the image we're talking about, so future readers of this thread need not worry about it.*
Image

User avatar
Comiczone2
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am

Re: Comiczone

Post by Comiczone2 »

No new replies? Come on, people, I might sound a little narcissistic here, but it's a great comic!
Image

User avatar
SevenCurrents
Regular Poster
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Comiczone

Post by SevenCurrents »

Comiczone2 wrote:No new replies? Come on, people, I might sound a little narcissistic here, but it's a great comic!
It might be, if I understood any of the inside/topical jokes. Most of these are pretty opaque to me. The video game jokes have been done, for the most part.

Not to thrash ya, buddy. Some of them are good, just a lot of them require you to know either your immediate friend group, your town, or to have never, ever read a video game webcomic since before 1998.
---
-Enc

User avatar
Comiczone2
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am

Re: Comiczone

Post by Comiczone2 »

That is true- I'm not exactly sailing uncharted waters, here. But thanks for the feedback!
Image

Post Reply