Death By Chibi. Your soul is screwed.
Re: Death By Chibi. Your soul is screwed.
Why obsess? let it go he takes from this what he takes from it. Continuing to point out things ( true or not) that is a failing is lost on him and only seems to egrandize the (at this point) basher. yes it's sprites, yes it may well be less than tight coherently but we see that, all you do is bump his thread as he defends and you attack again and again ignoring coming below him that ask for much needed advisement? It's like free PR!
Re: Death By Chibi. Your soul is screwed.
Sounds like you're saying "I'm not looking for opinions," to me.Lordthenightknight wrote:Did that comment state "no opinions"? It did not. It states, "Have opinion, but don't pretend they are anything more". Why does that look like "no opinions" to you?
I'm not entirely convinced that Van is doing this to give advice. More for personal entertainment, if you ask me.Rhenny wrote:Why obsess? let it go he takes from this what he takes from it. Continuing to point out things ( true or not) that is a failing is lost on him and only seems to egrandize the (at this point) basher. yes it's sprites, yes it may well be less than tight coherently but we see that, all you do is bump his thread as he defends and you attack again and again ignoring coming below him that ask for much needed advisement? It's like free PR!
- Guildmaster Van
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 825
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:17 pm
- Location: El Quebeco
- Contact:
Re: Death By Chibi. Your soul is screwed.
Damnit, KWill's onto my modus operandi....
- Robin Pierce
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 1610
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:48 am
- Location: Should we check the internet? :S
- Contact:
Re: Death By Chibi. Your soul is screwed.
You know I really don't have to mod comic pitching that often, and don't really like doing it because it's all opinions and opinions are subjective.
However. Keep it civil guys, Van I'm looking at you especially but also people who are taking cues off of Van. Of course someone is going to get defensive when you're not offering crits, you're offering 'oh man this sucks'. This ties back to the thread in General Discussion where things ALSO went way out of line, but I saw it way too late.
Second of all: comicgenesis has a particular policy towards Sprite comics - that is to say, unless they're home made, they violate the terms of service. That said, I don't know if you made the sprites yourself, so just keep it in mind as a general statement.
I honestly can't see this thread being helpful to the comic's developement or resulting in anything but flames and rage, so I'm locking it. Please guys, keep crits CIVIL. I shouldn't have to moderate Comic Pitching on account of things like this.
However. Keep it civil guys, Van I'm looking at you especially but also people who are taking cues off of Van. Of course someone is going to get defensive when you're not offering crits, you're offering 'oh man this sucks'. This ties back to the thread in General Discussion where things ALSO went way out of line, but I saw it way too late.
Second of all: comicgenesis has a particular policy towards Sprite comics - that is to say, unless they're home made, they violate the terms of service. That said, I don't know if you made the sprites yourself, so just keep it in mind as a general statement.
I honestly can't see this thread being helpful to the comic's developement or resulting in anything but flames and rage, so I'm locking it. Please guys, keep crits CIVIL. I shouldn't have to moderate Comic Pitching on account of things like this.
- Yeahduff
- Resident Stoic (Moderator)
- Posts: 9158
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
- Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
- Contact:
Re: Death By Chibi. Your soul is screwed.
You "forgot" one.Guildmaster Van wrote:
And in this forum's rules:You're as free to post your comic here as I am to comment negatively on it.
- *If criticism is what you're looking for, Tips, Techniques and.... some other "T" word is where you wanna go with that. It's on the bottom of the forum index, moderated by a rather pleasant fellow. You'll be more likely to get honest criticism there. This place will get bloated enough on it's own.
*Feel free to offer your opinion on any pitched comic.
*Be nice. Criticism isn't necessarily expected, but if you give it, be constructive. You'll find comics you don't like here, but flaming them isn't going to help anyone


