A Werewolf Story
A Werewolf Story
I finally passed the 20 page requirement, so here's a link to my webcomic "A Werewolf Story".
http://fredmon.studio1311.net/WebComicP ... 42006.html
It focuses on 3 main characters and how their lives are impacted by their encounters with the supernatural. The story is currently in the establish-the-characters phase, so things are still ramping up.
//edit: I changed the url to point to the first comic image instead of the general comic site.
http://fredmon.studio1311.net/WebComicP ... 42006.html
It focuses on 3 main characters and how their lives are impacted by their encounters with the supernatural. The story is currently in the establish-the-characters phase, so things are still ramping up.
//edit: I changed the url to point to the first comic image instead of the general comic site.
Last edited by Guyford on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I liked it too. And the male characters are well established already
If I may nit-pick, I did notice a grammatical error ("your" instead of "you're" somewhere around page 12) in one place, thought the talk balloons when he was listening to his phone messages would have been more clear had there been a different one for each message/speaker. And I would have preferred being linked directly to the comic rather than to the website.
I really like the story so far too, I'm definitely interested in what is going to happen next! And I understand about establishing the characters. It is important that we care about them.
I like the website design.
I will definitely be checking back with your comic!
If I may nit-pick, I did notice a grammatical error ("your" instead of "you're" somewhere around page 12) in one place, thought the talk balloons when he was listening to his phone messages would have been more clear had there been a different one for each message/speaker. And I would have preferred being linked directly to the comic rather than to the website.
I really like the story so far too, I'm definitely interested in what is going to happen next! And I understand about establishing the characters. It is important that we care about them.
I like the website design.
I will definitely be checking back with your comic!
Thanks for your opinions
.
I changed the url in my original post to point to the first comic instead of the main comic page.
In regards to the voice message word balloons, it would have been the ideal situation to break the bubbles up by speaker, but I messed up in estimating how much space the text would take up (I'm new at the adding dialog to my pictures), so I had to move some text to the next panel. I'm trying to get better at accounting for text space when I draw though.
I also looked through the pages for the grammatical "your" error, but I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm just glossing over it because I spent so much time looking at this stuff before I upload (although I did find a spelling error while doing the grammar check).
Thanks again for the comments.
I changed the url in my original post to point to the first comic instead of the main comic page.
In regards to the voice message word balloons, it would have been the ideal situation to break the bubbles up by speaker, but I messed up in estimating how much space the text would take up (I'm new at the adding dialog to my pictures), so I had to move some text to the next panel. I'm trying to get better at accounting for text space when I draw though.
I also looked through the pages for the grammatical "your" error, but I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm just glossing over it because I spent so much time looking at this stuff before I upload (although I did find a spelling error while doing the grammar check).
Thanks again for the comments.
Swikan: Thanks for double checking. I re-read the whole thing twice and couldn't find anything after you posted initially. I'll fix that spelling error I found as a result of that this weekend though. 
In regards to the navigation, although I do see your point about having a navigation bar on top, I think I will stick with the current layout for now. I think the site would look a bit cluttered with 2 nav bars. My logic is that folks would read from the top down and then click on a link at the bottom to navigate once they finished looking at a page.
Halloween costume will be in the first panel of the next page, so hopefully this coming Monday.
Prisoner: I ink with 2 Sakura Pigma Microns (.50 and .25 mm line width), do touch up work, and convert to vector art after scanning it in. In regards to navigation systems, my personal preference is for the current scheme. It doesn't take up a lot of screen real estate and you can directly jump to a specific page from the archive page.
Thanks again for your comments. I appreciate the feedback.
In regards to the navigation, although I do see your point about having a navigation bar on top, I think I will stick with the current layout for now. I think the site would look a bit cluttered with 2 nav bars. My logic is that folks would read from the top down and then click on a link at the bottom to navigate once they finished looking at a page.
Halloween costume will be in the first panel of the next page, so hopefully this coming Monday.
Prisoner: I ink with 2 Sakura Pigma Microns (.50 and .25 mm line width), do touch up work, and convert to vector art after scanning it in. In regards to navigation systems, my personal preference is for the current scheme. It doesn't take up a lot of screen real estate and you can directly jump to a specific page from the archive page.
Thanks again for your comments. I appreciate the feedback.
It looks very interesting. I like the characters already, and can't wait to learn more about them. It's always a good sign when you manage to make your reader feel bummed that 'aww, this was the last page'. 
I for one am looking forward to the update.
I for one am looking forward to the update.
"A ninja funeral is the saddest thing. Everyone wears black." - AskANinja
"I think yelling should be reserved for only the most critical of situations; like when someone drinks milk out of the carton!" - Simmons, Red vs. Blue
"I think yelling should be reserved for only the most critical of situations; like when someone drinks milk out of the carton!" - Simmons, Red vs. Blue
- Americangothic
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 658
- Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:31 pm
- Location: Nashvegas
- Contact:
