Online gaming software

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Online gaming software

Postby Dracomax on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 am

Recently some of my freinds moved away, and this presents a problem: we can't easily get together to play tabletop role-playing games.

So, I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good programs for online gaming.

Preferably free, but cheap would work almost as well.
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

D&D

Postby Fading Aura on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:39 am

You may want to get in touch with Ryan if you're still in the St. Louis area. He might be interested in organizing a D&D game. ;)
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Re: Online gaming software

Postby Rkolter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 am

Holy mother of god yes I would be. I just can't get enough people to fill the slots. My own group kind of went their own seperate ways about two years ago.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Dracomax on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 am

I would certainly be interest in a game, and most of my nights are free.

But I would still like to know if anyone knows of any good online programs. gaming online with old freinds beats out losing track of them any day.
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby SergeXIII on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:00 pm

I play 2 free MMORPGs: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine and Perfect World International. Might also want to look into Guild Wars, you need to purchase the game but there are no monthly fees.
SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero

Postby Terotrous on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:37 pm

I currently play Puzzle Pirates, which I see they've started spamming on this forum now. Some of the oceans are free, but the game is easier if you pay.

Another free game I played a lot of was Ragnarok Online. You used to have to play on Private Servers if you wanted it to be free, but they've opened up an official free server now.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ekolter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:25 pm

Dracomax wrote:I would certainly be interest in a game, and most of my nights are free.

But I would still like to know if anyone knows of any good online programs. gaming online with old freinds beats out losing track of them any day.

You have our number? Give us a holler.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Return to Off Topic