Adopt Flinty Kitty?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Re: Adopt Flinty Kitty?

Postby Rkolter on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:47 am

Waiting on pins and needles to hear back from you Phact. You're our best bet so far.

Jim - If you were closer, or could room him for longer, I'd take you up on it. But for the cost of driving out there and back twice in two weeks, it'd be less expensive to put Flint up in a kitty hotel. :-?

Every last shelter or organization I've talked to that is no-kill is full up. The city pound is not full up, but does euthanize. They would wait as long as possible and try to send him to volunteers they said. The Humane Society is anything but. Even The Cat Network - a no-kill network for cats only, based out of St. Louis, is full.

We're talking to our vet this week, and having started to really run out of options, are going to put a Craigslist ad out.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Rkolter on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Just an update -

I contacted the Saint Francis Animal Rescue in Rock Hill, SC. They're the only no-cage, no-kill animal shelter in the US, and they got broken into by some skuzz-head drunk (which is how I heard about them). They're in bad financial straits. If you're curious about them:

http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/nationson ... shelt-1302

Anyway, they lost several cats when the drunk busted down their glass door. And they're behind on rent and it costs a lot to repair the door. I offered to donate $300 dollars if they'd let me drive Flint the 700+ miles down there and drop him off with them.

We'll see what happens. If they say ok, we probably won't be able to afford to make it to the cookout this year, but Flint would have a place to stay. There's no guarantee they'll say yes though - they may look at the loss of several of their cats as a mixed blessing given their situation.

Phact - anything on the query from your sister's wedding?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Ahaugen on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 pm

I asked my aunt and uncle if they would be interested in taking him in. it's a long shot, but my uncle recently retired so he might like some company while my aunt's at work
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Location: Chasing leads, reporating news, and opining editorally

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:02 am

Okay here's what I've just found out. A friend of mine, contacted me for another friend of mine (how strange is that), and she is currently in Nebraska. She does want Flint, however she won't be in St. Louis til May. Either he can be delievered or you can wait til May and give him to her. I have forwarded the information to my friend, so I'm hoping this will work out.

She is however asking if he's been neutured.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Rkolter on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:31 am

Oh wow!

Yes, he has been neutered.

Could you get back to me in PM with three things?

1) Where does your friend live (city) so I can see how bad a drive it would be. Remember, I was willing to drive to south carolina...

2) When in may would your friend be back in St. Louis?

Your friend does know that Flint is an INDOOR cat, right?
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Rkolter on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:41 pm

HOME FOUND!

One of Phact0ri's friends has a place in her heart for a kitty, is going to be living alone in a new place, and wants a friend. Hopefully we'll be handing Flint off to her boyfriend for a couple weeks and then he'll go to her.

Phact, you really have no idea how much your effort meant to us, and there's no smiley available to convey it.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Kel's brilliant and I'm so super glad that she and Flint will be companions. ^_^
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Jim North on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:10 am

Suh-weet.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:27 am

I am most pleased by this turn of events.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rkolter on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 am

Just an update for the curious -

Friday we had to have Flint get his shots 4 months early because it ends up we lost the paperwork on Flint's shots during the flood from Hurricane Ike. Oh well. We had to do this because Flint will need to be boarded for a few days between when he leaves our home, and when his new owner moves into town and gets him.

Phact0ri's friend, "K", has a boyfriend who is coming by to pick up all the "kitty stuff" today - we bought her a new kitty litter box, some kitty litter, food, treats, toys, a laser, catnip, urine cleaner (just in case), and some other things to give Flinty a good start at the new place. She's also getting the cat stands that Beth's dad made for Flint once upon a time.

Monday we drop Flint off at a very nice boarding place for a few days - "K" is splitting the cost 50/50 with us. She then picks him up when she moves into town on May 2nd.

It's all scheduled out, everything is paid for... it's golden. It's really happening, Flinty is getting a new and loving home.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Netpoet on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:51 am

why is it, when you say you bought the kitty a laser... I'm envisioning something shoulder-mounted and capable of drilling holes through walls?
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Netpoet wrote:why is it, when you say you bought the kitty a laser... I'm envisioning something shoulder-mounted and capable of drilling holes through walls?

Those aren't exactly off the rack type items. And I'm holding onto the one I have for a reconfiguration into Baby's First Laser Cannon.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Rkolter on Mon May 04, 2009 10:20 am

And the final post in the saga, to those who are keeping tabs -

Flint is in his new home. His new "mommy" just loves him, and he's already so happy that he's drooling (if you know Flint, you know when he's delighted, he drools).

A rare, very happy ending.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon May 04, 2009 3:19 pm

I love a happy ending.

In real life, anyway.

Hooray kitty! Glad to hear it all worked out.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Off Topic