Waiting on pins and needles to hear back from you Phact. You're our best bet so far.
Jim - If you were closer, or could room him for longer, I'd take you up on it. But for the cost of driving out there and back twice in two weeks, it'd be less expensive to put Flint up in a kitty hotel.
Every last shelter or organization I've talked to that is no-kill is full up. The city pound is not full up, but does euthanize. They would wait as long as possible and try to send him to volunteers they said. The Humane Society is anything but. Even The Cat Network - a no-kill network for cats only, based out of St. Louis, is full.
We're talking to our vet this week, and having started to really run out of options, are going to put a Craigslist ad out.