Help support a Soldier

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Help support a Soldier

Postby Laemkral on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 am

I'm going to risk a tongue lashing and post this here, rather than the "Looking for artist/writer" thread.

My unit wants to have a big flag and sign for our motor pool and is offering a 4 day pass to Qatar to whichever Soldier submits the winning concept art. I have one Soldier who can draw, but then again I also know YOU guys. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sketching up some designs that we could use to make sure we've got the most badass motor pool on all of Tallil AB. If anything I submit is picked, I'll be giving the pass to one of my Soldiers who has earned a little R&R.

Some background info to work with:
We are the 66th Transportation Company, "Road Kings". Our motto is "Raise Up!". Our unofficial unit symbol is a big rig driving along a road (facing foreground) with a big crown on top. Our unit patch is that of the 21st Theater Sustainment Command (TSC).

Symbols relevant to the unit: anything related to big rig trucks or mechanics (it IS the motor pool), royalty, and also Germany (part of Army Europe). Also of course, Soldiers, guns, etc are always HOOAH!

If you're interested in helping out, I need the sketches in by the 13th (deadline is the 15th, this gives me some leeway to get them in). If one of these sketches is the winner, you can bet pictures will be shared of YOUR work being hoisted in Iraq over the 66TC Motor Pool! Plus you'll help one of MY Soldiers get that pass!
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Re: Help support a Soldier

Postby Rkolter on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 am

No tongue lashing here.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Ahaugen on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 pm

wow, cramming capitalism into a thread about our troops serving overseas and thread necromancing to boot, this guy must really hate soldiers
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Location: Chasing leads, reporating news, and opining editorally

Postby Rkolter on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:39 am

I'm going out on a limb and am going to say that ahaugen was talking about a spam post that got deleted. :P

This is why you shouldn't respond to spam.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby Laemkral on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Not only that, I didn't get any artwork! None of my Soldiers got the pass.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Return to Off Topic