The Raiders of the Lost Ark Story Conference

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

The Raiders of the Lost Ark Story Conference

Postby Joel Fagin on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:35 pm

http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com/20 ... rence.html

You can download the whole transcript of Lucas and Spielberg hashing out the plot for the movie. This was Lucas at his best, too, and long before he jumped the shark by going into orbit, looping the planet and burning up on re-entry.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Re: The Raiders of the Lost Ark Story Conference

Postby Mercury Hat on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 am

Except for the creepo part about wanting Marion to be severely underage when she and Indy had an affair. If she's 17 or 18 she's too old and it's uninteresting, thanks Lucas :T .
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Joel Fagin on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 am

Mercury Hat wrote:Except for the creepo part about wanting Marion to be severely underage when she and Indy had an affair. If she's 17 or 18 she's too old and it's uninteresting, thanks Lucas :T .

Marion got off lightly. Look what Lucas did to Luke and Leia.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Berg on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:59 am

Joel Fagin wrote:http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/03/raiders-story-conference.html

You can download the whole transcript of Lucas and Spielberg hashing out the plot for the movie. This was Lucas at his best, too, and long before he jumped the shark by going into orbit, looping the planet and burning up on re-entry.

- Joel Fagin

Maybe, just maybe this will make the people who always give Lucas the blame for everything wrong with the Indy movies (the latest one especially) and none of the praise for what's good STFU. Lucas is clearly the guy with the good ideas here.
Berg
Regular Poster

Postby Mercury Hat on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Joel Fagin wrote:
Mercury Hat wrote:Except for the creepo part about wanting Marion to be severely underage when she and Indy had an affair. If she's 17 or 18 she's too old and it's uninteresting, thanks Lucas :T .

Marion got off lightly. Look what Lucas did to Luke and Leia.

- Joel Fagin

At least Luke and Leia didn't know and were older than 12.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Joel Fagin on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Berg wrote:Maybe, just maybe this will make the people who always give Lucas the blame for everything wrong with the Indy movies (the latest one especially) and none of the praise for what's good STFU. Lucas is clearly the guy with the good ideas here.

Honestly, I'm still going to blame him. Lucas was, once, pretty good. These days I find it hard to see any redeeming feature in his movies. The only two good things about the latest Indy, for example, were both actors. Everything else was just plain dumb.

But it is always interesting to see the process, especially on a good movie. And Raiders is excellent.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Berg on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Joel Fagin wrote:
Berg wrote:Maybe, just maybe this will make the people who always give Lucas the blame for everything wrong with the Indy movies (the latest one especially) and none of the praise for what's good STFU. Lucas is clearly the guy with the good ideas here.

Honestly, I'm still going to blame him. Lucas was, once, pretty good. These days I find it hard to see any redeeming feature in his movies. The only two good things about the latest Indy, for example, were both actors. Everything else was just plain dumb.

I think you're missing my point. Why are you blaming Lucas for the shortcomings of Indy 4 when Spielberg was the director? Spielberg even brought in his own screenwriter (Koepp) who's worked on a bunch of his movies before. I think a lot of people are blaming Lucas just because he's Lucas, ignoring the fact that Spielberg had final say on the film.

BTW, out of curiosity - which "both actors" are you referring to?
Berg
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Legostar on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:15 pm

i liked the new indy. i think it fit fine with the others.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Joel Fagin on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:59 am

Berg wrote:BTW, out of curiosity - which "both actors" are you referring to?

Ford and Karen Allen. Hurt was great, too, but it was just a pleasure to see Indy and Marion arguing again. They've still got the chemistry.

And even without Marion, it was great just to see Indy again. Ford made a great character there.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Return to Off Topic