2009 President of General Discussion Elections

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Re: 2009 President of General Discussion Elections

Postby Laemkral on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm

I think that a very important point is being overlooked here. While the mad scientists are going to be building all sorts of crazy, insane weapons, and the anarchists are going to instigate violent revolutions, ONLY Military Dictatorspace offers you professionals dedicated to putting to USE the crazy, insane weapons (plus all the more mundane weapons of mass destruction) as well as instigate massive episodes of violence. Let the scientists have their science, they'll be too busy building doomsday devices to ever actually bring about the end of the world. Let the anarchists think they can actually do something, it gives me something to fight.

Vote for Military Dictatorspace. Mass destruction and violence, it's more than just our passion, it's our JOB.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Yes, if you're not voting Mad Scientist, you should vote Military.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Laemkral wrote:I think that a very important point is being overlooked here. While the mad scientists are going to be building all sorts of crazy, insane weapons, and the anarchists are going to instigate violent revolutions, ONLY Military Dictatorspace offers you professionals dedicated to putting to USE the crazy, insane weapons (plus all the more mundane weapons of mass destruction) as well as instigate massive episodes of violence. Let the scientists have their science, they'll be too busy building doomsday devices to ever actually bring about the end of the world. Let the anarchists think they can actually do something, it gives me something to fight..

waaaaiittt... so you are saying the anarchists are going to successfully take over under your adminstration? Under a slumberparty comicgenizzzzz they might attempt a revolution... but they will find that a midday nap takes care of all the crankiness of not getting enough shut eye.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:59 pm

CaptainClaude wrote:I decided to not spend any time on this.

Wonderful, I'm torn between becoming a lackey of Claude or trying to run my own campaign.
*thinks logically about it*
Claude, I bow down before your awesomeness. If there is anything you require of me, I will not hesitate to obey you.
VOTE FOR CLAUDE!
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:Wonderful, I'm torn between becoming a lackey of Claude or trying to run my own campaign.
Claude, I bow down before your awesomeness. If there is anything you require of me, I will not hesitate to obey you.
VOTE FOR CLAUDE!

you don't just become a lackey of claude, there's a rigorous... something or other.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Dr Legostar wrote:
Dreamaniaccomic wrote:Wonderful, I'm torn between becoming a lackey of Claude or trying to run my own campaign.
VOTE FOR CLAUDE!

you don't just become a lackey of claude, there's a rigorous... something or other.

I'll settle for indentured servitude then.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Lunar on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Dr Legostar wrote:
VOTE FOR CLAUDE!

It's a six week correspondence course.

Lunar
Regular Poster

Postby KWill on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Laemkral wrote:I think that a very important point is being overlooked here.

Indeed: Bed Time!
KWill
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Dr Legostar wrote:you don't just become a lackey of claude, there's a rigorous... something or other.

I do not remember any rigorous something during the interview. Just really wierd questions like... "if you and swan zeus were in at the pub you would feel very insecure about your manhood. Agree, Disagree, or OUTRAGED!"

Strangely enough this was many years before the coming of Swanzeus so I had no idea what he was going on about.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby BrownEyedCat on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Previously Catrine until my account crashed.
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ahaugen on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Location: Chasing leads, reporating news, and opining editorally

Postby Rkolter on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:17 am

Vote for the New Generation.

But if you don't vote for us, go for Mad Science, because really - it's Mad Science. What could possibly go wrong?!
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Turnsky on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:19 am

Dr Legostar wrote:
VOTE FOR CLAUDE!

well, if all else fails, we could have Mad Science, Airships, and Military hardware!, it's a definite win-win, really..
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:58 am

That made me laugh Bec. Great comic!
Phact0rri

Postby Kisai on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:22 pm

As of right now there are 44 votes and 44 posts, however three people weren't paying attention and put more than 1 response into the vote thread, which means that 3 people didn't say they voted. Not that it matters, Claude has such a lead that even if there was ballot stuffing, nobody else would have got close.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Ahaugen on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 pm

Celebrate the momentous occasion by printing it off, framing it, and selling it on late night TV.
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Location: Chasing leads, reporating news, and opining editorally

Postby CaptainClaude on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:37 am

yessss
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

I palindrome I

Postby Dracomax on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 am

well, crap. When can we expect the airship fleets to cover the sky from end to end?
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:43 am

Does anyone else find it odd that we in Off Topic just elected the president of General Discussion?

Congratulations to Claude. May you fill our skies with thermite encrusted envelopes of hydrogen.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby Laemkral on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:59 am

I'm not upset that I lost. I'm upset I got one vote! MINE! I wasn't even supposed to be in the election until I was nominated by someone else! And I was the first nominee! If I hadn't begrudgingly accepted then we probably wouldn't have even had nominees!

So what I'm saying is...YOU OWE ME CLAUDE!! I demand you pull a "Hillary" and give me some elevated position within your regime!

Feh, who am I kidding. Nothing but a washed-out photo-comic has-been. I don't even feel like staging a military coup.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic