11th Doctor cast

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Re: 11th Doctor cast

Postby Mr.Bob on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:43 pm

I want to express my opinions:

Mr.Bob
:(

Postby Ahaugen on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Bob, you're fantastic
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Location: Chasing leads, reporating news, and opining editorally

Postby Dr Legostar on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:22 pm

that needs to be at the start of the next series as a recap.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby McDuffies on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:57 am

Heh heh, but I thought that all those things you hated about Tennant are pretty much a constant for Dr. Who in general. :P
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Mr.Bob on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:40 am

McDuffies wrote:Heh heh, but I thought that all those things you hated about Tennant are pretty much a constant for Dr. Who in general. :P

Yeeeeahh but he... you know... he overdoes it (a bit like I've done in the comic)
Mr.Bob

Postby Komiyan on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:50 am

Murray Goooooold
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!

Postby Turnsky on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:51 am

Bob, you're a bloody genius. :D
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:38 am

Bob/The new Doctor wrote:I'm flabbergasted!

Don't you mean, "I'm fabulous!"?
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby McDuffies on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Mr.Bob wrote:
McDuffies wrote:Heh heh, but I thought that all those things you hated about Tennant are pretty much a constant for Dr. Who in general. :P

Yeeeeahh but he... you know... he overdoes it (a bit like I've done in the comic)

I've only watched first season with Tennant so suppose I didn't notice it so much, perhaps it was not so pronnounced... I suppose it's true but not too fair to Tennant as actor, since he's actually a decent actor with charisma and comic timing, with all prerequisites to be some kind of new Hugh Grant. His career was going well and steadily uprising before Dr.Who (like Eccleston's for that matter, though proportionally to age), not that he was in Hollywood, but eh, that ain't the only place you can make good films. I can easily believe that he, like Eccleston, just doesn't want to be trapped too long into a role that requires him to be campy.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby CaptainClaude on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Dude's been doing it four years. that's a long time. to be campy.

He does seem less extreme in his first series as he doctor. maybe what happened is they started writing the natural quirks he was bringing to it, and so the silly piled up on top of itself too much.
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Postby Mr.Bob on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:16 pm

CaptainClaude wrote:Dude's been doing it four years. that's a long time. to be campy.

He does seem less extreme in his first series as he doctor. maybe what happened is they started writing the natural quirks he was bringing to it, and so the silly piled up on top of itself too much.

I could swear to you the "Sorry - I'm so sorry" thing started out as a piece of internet trivia but became self-parody when he deliberately started saying it all the time.

And I don't really hate Tennant with as much violence as the comic suggests. He's actually quite nice when he underplays it.
Mr.Bob

Postby Dr Legostar on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Mr.Bob wrote:
CaptainClaude wrote:Dude's been doing it four years. that's a long time. to be campy.

I could swear to you the "Sorry - I'm so sorry" thing started out as a piece of internet trivia but became self-parody when he deliberately started saying it all the time.

And I don't really hate Tennant with as much violence as the comic suggests. He's actually quite nice when he underplays it.

from all of this I gather more of a hate of Russel T. Davis than a hate of Tennant.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Mr.Bob on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Dr Legostar wrote:
Mr.Bob wrote:

from all of this I gather more of a hate of Russel T. Davis than a hate of Tennant.

Oh no I've given myself away!
Mr.Bob

Postby Dr Legostar on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:49 pm

don't worry it wasn't too obvious.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby McDuffies on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Eh, but he's still got a potential career ahead of him, and a few more things in his c.v. othen than Dr. Who. If they start casting him based on Dr.Who stint, though, he's doomed.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Joel Fagin on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:04 pm

Has anyone else noticed that Eccleson is playing the villain in the GI Joe movie?

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby CaptainClaude on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:12 pm

McDuffies wrote:

Eh, but he's still got a potential career ahead of him, and a few more things in his c.v. othen than Dr. Who. If they start casting him based on Dr.Who stint, though, he's doomed.

3 years is the average length of an actor's stint as the doctor, i think. he's just kept up doing other things too to make sure people see what he can do.

Joel Fagin wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Eccleson is playing the villain in the GI Joe movie?

yus. funny cos he's stated in the past he didnt want to play villains cos it keeps up the british villain typecasting
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Postby Dr Legostar on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:51 pm

CaptainClaude wrote:yus. funny cos he's stated in the past he didnt want to play villains cos it keeps up the british villain typecasting

guess that only counts if he doesn't get paid much.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby McDuffies on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Oh he surely took that role in GI Joe movie for purely artistic reasons!
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby McDuffies on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 am

I don't want to express any opinion.
Attachments
doctorwhore1.gif
doctorwhore1.gif (42.35 KiB) Viewed 485 times
doctorwhore2.gif
doctorwhore2.gif (43.67 KiB) Viewed 485 times
McDuffies