Heroes Season 3

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Re: Heroes Season 3

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm not convinced she's dead. I mean sure they shatter her body. but they show that shard containing her eye and she's crying. Either they went for spooky dramatics or its saying she's not out of the picture yet.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:35 pm

Phact0rri wrote:I'm not convinced she's dead. I mean sure they shatter her body. but they show that shard containing her eye and she's crying. Either they went for spooky dramatics or its saying she's not out of the picture yet.

true, but why bother when you can have the same actress show up as a completely different character?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Berg on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:16 pm

Phact0rri wrote:I'm not convinced she's dead. I mean sure they shatter her body. but they show that shard containing her eye and she's crying. Either they went for spooky dramatics or its saying she's not out of the picture yet.

Apparently, the writers have said they intended for the "wink" (or whatever that was) to be a way of letting the audience know she isn't dead. Daphne, however, is gone for good.
Berg
Regular Poster

Postby Enedlammeniel on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Berg wrote:

Apparently, the writers have said they intended for the "wink" (or whatever that was) to be a way of letting the audience know she isn't dead. Daphne, however, is gone for good.

That wink was so ungodly cheesy. I couldn't believe it..
Enedlammeniel
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Well if they bring Daph back from this... then she has a second power. *lol*

Dr Legostar wrote:

true, but why bother when you can have the same actress show up as a completely different character?

Cause what if that last triplet has a different place than we suspect? We assume she's a character coming to the show like Nikki and Tracy, but maybe they'll actually do something cool with it.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Dracomax on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:15 am

soooo..... I didn't hate last nights episode....
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kisai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 am

It's a heroes double feature (aka Kisai completely forgot to watch Heroes for a week, omg)

The pupetteer wound up in danko's apartment.
So Micah is rebel
Two of the female cast are dead again (Tracy and Daphne)
Dr.Suresh somehow keeps falling for it. nuff said
Baby Parkman can activate powers in Hiro and turn on electronics

No sylar.

And lots of rain and water.

SPOILERS if you haven't seen it, and if you haven't seen it, you are 4 days late.

The next episode then has:
More rain and water

And introducing a shapeshifter.

Danko and Sylar team up to catch the shapeshifter

Claire and Nathan are stuck in mexico .
Peter and Angela are saved in a church.

And now everyone is going to believe that Sylar is dead. (He isn't) after killing the shapeshifter while he looks like Sylar.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Kisai on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:54 am

I has watched the Heroes

This episode is all about Noah. Angela tells him not to investigate Sylar's death. In doing so Noah discovers that Sylar can no shapeshift, nearly kills his wife thinking sylar shifted to her, kills sylar disguised as one of the storm troopers, only to make noah think he killed someone else by mistake. Actually, it was sylar, only that he learned a new skill - bleeding out and having no vitals.

Meanwhile Matt Parkman nearly ends it all in revenge, and then Hiro rescuse him with baby touch and go.

The closing scene brings the Patrellis back together to go grave robbing.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby ZeroHero on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:54 am

This show has definitely lost something this season. I'm still watching and enjoying a bit, but it's not what it used to be.
ZeroHero
Regular Poster

Postby Dracomax on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:42 pm

so, is it just me, or is this show starting to feel like a robert jordan novel?
ImageImageImage
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Dracomax wrote:so, is it just me, or is this show starting to feel like a robert jordan novel?

No, we'd need a lot more narration and every epsiode would need to be four hours longer, but with so much fluff they could have gotten it done in ten minutes.
Phact0rri

Postby Mr.Bob on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:46 am

Sylar's character development: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk_wDY-cAlM
Mr.Bob
:(

Postby Dracomax on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:07 am

SO, just saw the season finale.
there will be spoilers.

Dear producers, writers, and directors of heroes.

You are idiots.
how did you so completely forget the problems people had with seasons one and two?
Pop quiz. which season was this? the biggest problems people had were that the fight between peter and sylar took place off screen, and that the ending was anticlimactic.

Many characters were introduced for no reason, had minimal effect on the plot, and then dissapeared/were killed off?

The plot was long and convoluted for the sake of being convoluted, leaving many dangling plot threads which we3, the audience are supposed to ignore?

If you answered season three, your correct. funny how the problems sound just like the worst things about seasons 1 and 2, isn't it?

Why the hell would you give peter his powers back for the climactic fight with sylar, and then not show the damn fight? are we supposed to be satisfied with flashing lights on claires eye? what the %$#!

Why do you insist on trying to break hiro, the only real reason I watched season 2? I could see taking his powers, but giving them back broken, then telling him he can't use them? just kill him off. it's obvious you hate him.

and the ending? what, is sylar's actor going to be gone for most of next season working on a movie?
Pretty much no issues were solved, no plotlines wrapped up, and no satisfaction given.

You get 1 episode next season to convince me it'll be different.

sincerely, a former fan.
ImageImageImage
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:25 am

They had one episode to convince me THIS Season, and they didn't. I may have caught another episode or partial along the way since, but basically they took a cool idea and kept adding to it until it collapsed in on itself like a neutron star sucking the hydrogen lifeblood out of it's mate until it overwhelms it's neutron degeneracy pressure and becomes a black hole.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Mr.Bob on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 am

Did I ever mention that this show is terrible?
Mr.Bob

Postby McDuffies on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 am

If I try to reconstruct the series from this thread, never having seen the original series, I wonder what'd I get.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Dracomax on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:21 am

it would have better fights and more resolution than the original.
ImageImageImage
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:29 pm

i dunno the throat slash was pretty gratifying for me.
Phact0rri

Postby Mr.Bob on Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Phact0rri wrote:i dunno the throat slash was pretty gratifying for me.

Wrong character though.
Mr.Bob

Postby IVstudios on Fri May 01, 2009 6:34 pm

I was almost thinking about going back to watching it, what with everyone saying how much it was improving. But I stuck to my convictions and continued to ignore it and now it looks like everyone is back to hating it and I look like a genius. Looks like IV new what he was talking about all along![/gloat]
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic