Page 1 of 1

Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:43 pm
by AspComics
I spent several hours last night cleaning out the nearly endless junk out of my closet... seriously, it was like pulling clowns out of a teeny car; how much more could possibly come out? But yeah, the result (save a clean closet) was a trip down memory lane... good and bad. Among the unearthed relics were:

- Seven pairs of shoes, circa 2001
- High school notebooks. And apparently I didn't doodle in high school. Boring.
- Over 40 lbs. of clothes to be thrown away, including pants 8 inches too large for me, and dollar-store boxers I thankfully don't recall ever wearing.
- A travel mug, with a mysterious, possibly fuzzy, white coating on the inside.
- A small cube with "ROFL" written on all six sides. Hah, get it? Roflcube. *Crickets*
- Four dollars in winning scratch-off tickets. Oh joy.
- Four backpacks (what the crap?)
- A 5' wizard staff
- Well over ten large drawing pads.
- A floppy disk with a Work Suite for Windows... '95
- A credit card bill... from January... of last year. Oops.
- A spoon. Why did I have a spoon in my closet?
- Packaged gum that somehow melded entirely together.
- Sketches for a series my friend and I had anticipated on doing. Ouch.

That's all I can recall from the closet fiasco. Right, so what about you guys; what bizarre, interesting things have you found during a bout with severely needed cleaning?

THE DUST BUNNIES COMETH

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:17 pm
by Cope
I mostly only ever find dust. *sneezes*

Old sketches are always fun to unearth, though. Or interesting, at least.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:40 pm
by Prettysenshi
Burger King toys from 1995.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:21 am
by LibertyCabbage
Burgers from 1995.

Edit: still taste alright.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:30 pm
by MixedMyth
Oh goodness me. I cleaned out a desk the other day. It...hadn't been cleaned in, um, ages. Okay, never. Literally. I found writings from when I was in grade school, I found stuff from when I was in Europe as a kid, I found some of the earliest drawings I'd ever done. But perhaps the most telling thing I found was a 5 1/4 floppy disk meant for a TI 99 computer (back when they made computers!) we had when I was, oh, two or three?

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:05 pm
by ZeroHero
That's a pretty good day of cleaning if you find all that stuff. In my case when I clean I expect to find stuff, but then it never turns up. :ick:

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 pm
by Rkolter
While cleaning out a closet at work that had been blocked for over fifteen years by otherwise immobile furniture, I stumbled across a fully functional TRS-80 from Radio Shack and a "20 megabyte Storage Device" that was as big as a briefcase. I also found an entire container full of 8" floppies.

This was just this week. There's a computer museum at the university; I called them to see if they wanted any of the stuff.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:40 pm
by TheSuburbanLetdown
Watch out for Hobo Spiders.

Or better yet, Hobo Spoders.

Or better yet, watch out for Spoder Mon.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:11 pm
by Ekolter
I know there is at least a few more deposible cameras in the yet unpacked boxes. Last time I took a lot of them, I found pictures from the chalk art festival from the very first college I attend back in 1994.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:33 pm
by Warren
I once found an uncashed paycheck that was about two years old.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:09 am
by Montyandwoolley
Tell you what i find annoying - Tidying up and then finding something you had lost months ago, that you had bought a replacement for because you couldn't live without it and you thought you had thrown it out by accident or something....And then you end up with two, except you don't NEED two, and no one else would need it either. lol

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:50 pm
by McDuffies
Now you have a spare one in case you lose the first one! YAY!

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:08 am
by Montyandwoolley
I suppose, but now im more likely to keep it where i know where it is because i dont want to lose it.

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 am
by Ekolter
Inspired to clean and downsized. Started with one room. 20+ bath towels?! Dang, did we get that many for the wedding nearly 4 years ago?! I don't even want to think what's in the storage room. It's half filled with unpacked boxes. XD

Re: Late Spring Cleaning

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:21 pm
by Fishies
TheSuburbanLetdown wrote:Watch out for Hobo Spiders.
D: Spiders, my greatest foe! I tend to dislike Giant House Spiders more, though. I know they aren't poisonous like hobos but look at that name. Look at it! Something is very wrong with that combination of words!

Anyways I tend to find my old homework. I always store it away thinking I'll need it next year but never do.