Guess who works for Russian Intelligence?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2011
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm
Contact:

Guess who works for Russian Intelligence?

Post by RemusShepherd »

Image

From Boingboing, this is the new logo of the Glavnoye Razvedyvatelnoye Upravlenie (GRU), or Main Intelligence Directorate.

If HE is now working for the russians, we yanks are in deep trouble. :)
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Marvel, or whichever it is that owns Batman, is gonna have a field day. :lol:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
VileTerror
Anti-Villain
Posts: 3437
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:16 am
Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.
Contact:

Wow.

Post by VileTerror »

DC


I don't even read comics, and I'm suprised you don't know that tiny bit of trivia, Kolter.
Haughty spirit and pride make for a wild roller coaster ride!
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

DC, yeah. Marvel is Spiderman, Hulk, Avengers, and Xmen. DC is Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Justice League, etc.


Maaaaan are they ever, though! Think they'll roll with the punch or persue legal action?
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

Gah! Dude! You hang out on a comics based forum, you should not be ignorant of such things! DC! D-Freaking-C!

And jeebus, if he's not working for the russians, I wouldn't wana be the guy who commisioned that logo. Cause Batman is gonna be pissed.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Rickford wrote: And jeebus, if he's not working for the russians, I wouldn't wana be the guy who commisioned that logo. Cause Batman is gonna be pissed.
:lol: Now THAT deserves a comic!
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero
Posts: 6973
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
Location: Violating your restraining order
Contact:

Post by Black Sparrow »

Forget that; this'll lead to mass confusion. Someone loads the batsignal and a bunch of Russians come running... and what would we do with a bunch of Russians?
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: I are serious member. This are serious post.

Post by Legendary »

Anybody remember Batmankoff from Red Son?
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!

User avatar
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2011
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm
Contact:

Post by RemusShepherd »

MixedMyth wrote:Maaaaan are they ever, though! Think they'll roll with the punch or persue legal action?
Legal action against Russian Intelligence? This is the next evolution of the KGB. Zhey vill crush your 'legal aktion'. ;)
Image

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

This could make for an interesting story arc, actually. I mean, some government agency or corporation taking the logo for their own. It's not as though Batman could claim it legally, since he is by his very nature illegal. Or could he? Would that fall under copyright law, or would he not have a claim?

Ha ha! Batman Goes to Court! The most boring litigious Batman comic ever!

But not the most rediculous. I just heard they're going to do a Superman and Batman vs Alien and Predator comic. Ooooooogh.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Legendary wrote:Anybody remember Batmankoff from Red Son?
I wanted to read that.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
VileTerror
Anti-Villain
Posts: 3437
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:16 am
Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.
Contact:

Post by VileTerror »

Seriously though, I don't even think they <i>could</i> sue or anything. It's not like the logo of a fictional comic character is the same business as the logo . . . uh, hold on, lemme rethink this.

You know, how like Marvel couldn't sue City of Heroes since CoH was a video game and Marvel made comic books? How is a comic book company going to sue a government agency within the bounds of any legal system?
Haughty spirit and pride make for a wild roller coaster ride!
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.

User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

I can picture it now.

*Batman walks towards the Russian intelligence building*

*Security intercepts him*

Security: "<Excuse me sir, where do you think you're going>?"
Batman: "Inside."
Security: "<On who's authority?>"
Batman: "Do you see the logo on your badge?"
Security: "<Yes sir. Sorry sir. In you go sir.>"

User avatar
ManyWorlds
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:32 am

Post by ManyWorlds »

[AlmightyPyro] wrote:
Legendary wrote:Anybody remember Batmankoff from Red Son?
I wanted to read that.
'Red Son' Batman was, if possible, about ten times as cool as the main-continuity Batman. Just by virtue of having one of those kickass hats.
Rickford wrote: *Batman walks towards the Russian intelligence building*

*Security intercepts him*

Security: "<Excuse me sir, where do you think you're going>?"
Batman: "Inside."
Security: "<On who's authority?>"
Batman: "Do you see the logo on your badge?"
Security: "<Yes sir. Sorry sir. In you go sir.>"
:lol:
Best use of Bat-stealth ever.

User avatar
Tim
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: State of WA, formerly MA
Contact:

Post by Tim »

Heh...I never read it, but I thought of the Red Son angle too.
MixedMyth wrote:Ha ha! Batman Goes to Court! The most boring litigious Batman comic ever!
Batman could hire Daredevil! Or She-Hulk. Or whoever the lawyer equivalent of DC is.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ahaugen »

Tim wrote:Heh...I never read it, but I thought of the Red Son angle too.
MixedMyth wrote:Ha ha! Batman Goes to Court! The most boring litigious Batman comic ever!
Batman could hire Daredevil! Or She-Hulk. Or whoever the lawyer equivalent of DC is.
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law?
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Rickford wrote:Gah! Dude! You hang out on a comics based forum, you should not be ignorant of such things! DC! D-Freaking-C!
Pfeh. That was a hard one. I claim a mulligan. :shifty:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
VileTerror
Anti-Villain
Posts: 3437
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:16 am
Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.
Contact:

Wow.

Post by VileTerror »

And here I was thinking Kolter knew everything.
Haughty spirit and pride make for a wild roller coaster ride!
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

"the batmanski"?
Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

rkolter wrote:That was a hard one. I claim a mulligan. :shifty:
Just remember in future: The World's Greatest Detective is in Detective Comics.

Got it?

- Joel Fagin
Image

Locked