Paint Community Round 2

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ahaugen »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

as excavation continues, much more of the vein is uncovered ... and even a bit of gold. a small vault is created on the lower level of the mine. work begins on extracting the copper ore and sending it to the processing plant, and a sore room is built on the middle layer to house the refined copper ore. work begins on finishing off the lower layer.

on the lower layer, the walls are finished off with concrete and a hydroponic greenhouse is installed. on the middle layer, the copper is extracted and the empty layer is finished off with concrete. the ore is sent to the processing plant on the surface
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Is it too late to join? (I skipped the thread reading part)
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

Day 4 -

Today the first part was getting rid of those god awful stairs. I am so tired of walking up and down them and they take so much room up. After they were gone it was time to put in the new wall for the elevator and get rid of the hatches I was using. Now with that done, I am a little worried about my neighbors being able to see my rocket, so to protect it, I added some more support wall to the West side of the property and built the behind retaining wall. Finally got the elevator installed now, and as I put in the new launch stairs to the rocket, I installed the back order part of the door from Rkolter industries. I was wondering how the heck I was going to get in. The rocket is in place now, just charging. Furnature is in, and I even installed a window! That really got me happy to see some sunlight again. I am not so fearful though of robbers. What with being 4 stories up, no one is going to dare get in that way... It's the opening around the rocket I should be weary about.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

[AlmightyPyro] wrote:Is it too late to join? (I skipped the thread reading part)
Jtorch offered his land up but you might have to ask him if he's able to play still or not...

[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

The Mortician wrote:
[AlmightyPyro] wrote:Is it too late to join? (I skipped the thread reading part)
Jtorch offered his land up but you might have to ask him if he's able to play still or not...
cool. I'm also kinda confused on how the point system works, I didn't really read round one.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

[AlmightyPyro] wrote:
The Mortician wrote:
cool. I'm also kinda confused on how the point system works, I didn't really read round one.
They have different rules completely. Round 2 is more of a progress thing than instant development.

[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

K, well I decided to go for it and obtain the number 5 slot. Do I copy it myself? Cause I already did. :P

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

You mean copy as in make the lot 5 picture as the small chunk of land between the black bars? Yes. Write your name at the top as well...

[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

The Mortician wrote:You mean copy as in make the lot 5 picture as the small chunk of land between the black bars? Yes. Write your name at the top as well...
Yes. Now I just gotta make a little guy... it's hard!

[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Here goes nothing.

Image Image Image Image

I arrive to find a nice tree. I decide to live in the tree so I use my wood-elf magic* to make a house out of the tree. It grows apart and gives me shelter. Animals show up cause they like my new tree. ^_^

*I have my own wood-elf magic so don't tell me I'm wrong! :lol:

MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

Post by MoonMistGuardian »

I like that tree... its cool... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image oh fantastic.... its raining... welll it seems I didn't make the evaes of my house big enough, b/c even if I stand beneath them to avoid getting wet... I get poured on by the roof water! *sigh* what next?
Image AHHH! Lightning?? and I'm on a Mountian! Oh shi7! I've got no where to hide! D:
Image Hoooooooooollllyyyyyyy crappppppppp!
Image *cough cough* oh no! my house! my House!
Image *shivers* well its raining more than ever now, but at least the rain is putting out the fire... maybe I will get to see what remains of my house after this is over.... :cry:
Image As I inspect the damages, I realize I finally have access to my space downstairs.... but my house is gone... I will have to rebuild... at least I will have my furinture I ordered and that can be stored downstairs as I rebuild the house... and replant the grass... I wonder if I can order some fertilzer?
so cold

Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

Updated

Misty
Previous: 7pt
Update: +3pt
Total: 10pt

Pyro
Previous: 2pt
Update: +3pt
Total: 5pt

Mort
Previous: 13pt
Update: +2pt
Total: 15pt

ahaugen
Previous: 8pt
Update: +5pt
Total: 13pt

TheMycon
Previous:7pt
Update: +4pt
Total: 11pt

Lego
Previous: 12pt
Update: +5pt
Total: 17pt

Robby
Previous: 8pt
Update: 2pt
Total: 10pt
ImageImage

Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ahaugen »

work began by reinforcing the remaining underground structure and adding a store room on the top level. a records room was completed on the middle level and small sapplings have begun growing in the greenhouse. more processed ore has been moved to the store room, and extraction has begun on the top layer.

the last bit of ore from the Anaconda 2.0 mine has been extracted and the top level finished off. the server room, electrical pannel, and electric lighting are installed, and the remaining processed ore is moved to the store room.

but now ... what to do?
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Post by YarpsDat »

We purchase the land to the left.

The rain has washed away most of new air. But the vent resumes work.
We extend our influence to the left. The tendrils grow in the deep, now they seek their target: water.
Meanwhile in the main chamber a special bud is prepared.

Some of our old tendrils and undergound channels are abandoned in the search of efficiency, they deteriorate slowly.

The Deep Children are part of Juffo-Wup -- home builders.
The dwellers in the Mohorovichic.

A new mycon is born. It is larger, to endure the harsh outside conditions.

Your simple sexual process produces random mosaics of genetic instructions, yet with the simplicity of breath, I modify my own patterns.
You humans improve a tool and double your capabilities. We Mycon improve ourselves and increase a thousand-fold.

The aerosole causes cloud aggregation and rain falls outside, again washing away most of our sweet atmosphere.
The vent is partially clogged by dirt, we do not bother to repair- a new atmospheric engineering structure is almost ready.

The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.

Final state:
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Image Image
I consult my new friends for help for I can not multitask. My bird friends gather wood as I turn my new rabbit friends into large super bunnies I call Pyrabbits. They help me dig into the ground because my powers do not effect the Earth.

The wood that the birds brought reinforce the underground room my Pyrabbits have built for me. I stay up top to continue growing my tree for better shelter.

I go down to check the room and leave a pyrabbit gaurd. The Pyrabbits are smarter than expected... they built a light bulb. Nice.

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

much has happened today, details later.
Attachments
paintsim4.PNG
paintsim4.PNG (36.3 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

My computer crashed earlier and I lost my paint sims for this day. I am making a new one now, hopefully I can make it. :-?

Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

Updated

Mort
If you get yours up tonight I'll put it in the update.

Lego
Previous: 17pt
Update: +6pt
Total: 23pt

Pyro
Previous: 5pt
Total: 9pt

TheMycon
Previous: 1pt
Update: +2pt
Total: 3pt
(it's a little hard to determine points for you because it's so different from everyone else's)

ahaugen
Previous: 13pt
Total: 17pt
ImageImage

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

I'll pick it up tommorrow

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Post by YarpsDat »

ImageImageImageImage
The new atmospheric engineering device blooms.
The water and lava mix in an underground structure, at first there is a roar of steam, and the vent forcibly opens.
But the flow of ingredients is stabilized, the interaction is controlled by tendrils of the deep child.
Heated breath of life spreads from the vent- a mixture of steam and vapours, the conversion progresses begins at an appropriate rate, the rains should cease soon.

Point resource is important for rapid and complete spread of Juffo-Wup.
`...Survival is a priority. Expansion is a priority. Processing is a priority...'

Several new generation Mycon venture to the outside, pushing large lump of the dirt out of their way. The dirt falls into the water, some of it stays suspended in the water.

A platform is created, and the work continues there, soon an anti-grav shuttle is ready.
With it, we can carry Juffo-Wup to places previously held in darkness.

I fill with my parents' parents' parents' parents' parents' parents' parents
I am they -- they are us. Then, and now.

We are the agents of Juffo-Wup.
We can draw energy from beneath the surface, and wish to offer our services to the non of the PaintWorld.

We can construct a variety of devices, examples include:
geothermal spa/warm water swimming pool, warm even in the winter. Construction- 1 point. Maintenance- free. Energy- free.
central heat with heat exchange tower, providing temperatures of up to 350 degrees Celsius (in pressurized variant). Construction-1 point. Everything else- free!
Metal smelting and processing facilities. Construction- 1-3 points, depending on the size and type of facility.

All constructions will be adapted and fine-tuned for your needs.

The remains of the old fruiting body are converted into a refueling plant for the shuttle.

OOC:
stinkywigfiddle wrote:(it's a little hard to determine points for you because it's so different from everyone else's)
I will take that as a compliment. 8-) :3
I guess it doesn't look too impressive in still images. I may make a little animated something [del]to brain wash you to get more points[/del] to better ilustrate the progress.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.