Page 1 of 6
what games you all play?
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:50 pm
by Turnsky
i'm talking recently, folks, PC, console, dead tree, whatever, what did you folks do to keep yourselves occupied during the downtime between comics/study and whatnot. i know most comickers are gamers too, so i figured we oughta discuss something along those lines.

me, for example, i've been playing
Prey Demo
Half Life 2 episode 1 (purdy, i might add)
and World of warcraft.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:53 pm
by Pimpette
PC:
Sims2 (I've been building stuff from my comic in there)
Emulators (particularly SNES, playing Mario or FF3)
PS2:
BEAN MACHINE.
(an addictive little game I found on a disc featuring a collection of Sonic games)
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:59 pm
by Mvmarcz
PC: Sims 2
Everquest 2
Guild Wars
Xbox 360: Amped 3 - finished but I like to just play it
Tomb Raider Legend
Oblivion
PS2: Shadow of Collosus
Gamecube: Chibi Robo
Various Mario Party
Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life
DS (just got on thursday ^o^ ) :
Just finished Trace Memory
Super Princess Peach
Big Brain Academy
Animal Crossing Wild World
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:07 pm
by SergeXIII
Ohohohhoohohhoooo
Right now I'm playing (as in played over the past 3 days)
PC
-Halo: Combat Evolved
-Diablo II: Lord of destruction
-Guild Wars
DS
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (for like the seventh time)
-The New Super Mario Brothers
-Mario Kart DS
-Trace Memory (third playthrough)
GBA
-Pokemon Saphire
-LoZ: Link to the Past and 4 Swords
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
PS2
-Dues Ex: The conspiracy
-Stella Dues: the Gate of Eternity
-Digital Devil Saga 1 (2 play through)
-Disgeae Hour of Darkness
-Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
GBC
-Wario World 3
Yeah... I loves me the video games I do.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:11 pm
by McDuffies
Nothing really. I tried playing Tabloid Tycoon and some other stuff, but really if I want to idle some time off, I rather see a film.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:15 pm
by Joel Fagin
Nothing at the moment, although I often have a random game of Age of Empires 2 or Master of Orion 2.
Oh, but I'm downloading the Prey demo. Sounded interesting and I'm not adverse to the occassional blaster.
- Joel Fagin
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:19 pm
by Rickford
Psychonauts is incredibly fun to play once you start getting further on. Oblivion ruled my life for about three months, but I'm over that now.
I'm picking up a DS Lite on my b-day, but that's not till the 17th July.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:22 pm
by Grabmygoblin
solitaire?
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:29 pm
by Jesusabdullah
Frozen Bubble!
Actualy, I haven't played that game for quite a while. The latest "game" I've played on the computer is "fortune -a". About a month ago I played some Worms Armageddon and MS Solitaire, and a month+ before that I played some Battle for Middle Earth 2.
Oh, and I played hangman once too.
I should find me a good console-based RPG.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:45 pm
by The Neko
I've finished most of the good games already,
Psychonauts, Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1/2, etc.
I didn't finish Kingdom Hearts 2, the pacing and the world design were a little disappointing so I haven't really gone much futher.
I finished the new Earthbound game a few months ago.
I've tried retro-gaming but to no success. Persona 2 Innocent Sin is a great game, but it takes me a lot longer because it's full of kanji and difficult language. So I've found that the pace of translation to gameplay is a little hard to handle for an extended period.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:45 pm
by SergeXIII
jesusabdullah wrote:Frozen Bubble!
Actualy, I haven't played that game for quite a while. The latest "game" I've played on the computer is "fortune -a". About a month ago I played some Worms Armageddon and MS Solitaire, and a month+ before that I played some Battle for Middle Earth 2.
Oh, and I played hangman once too.
I should find me a good console-based RPG.
I highly recomend digital Devil saga 1+2 or Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne if you have a PS2 and are over 18
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:46 pm
by The Neko
SergeXIII wrote:jesusabdullah wrote:Frozen Bubble!
Actualy, I haven't played that game for quite a while. The latest "game" I've played on the computer is "fortune -a". About a month ago I played some Worms Armageddon and MS Solitaire, and a month+ before that I played some Battle for Middle Earth 2.
Oh, and I played hangman once too.
I should find me a good console-based RPG.
I highly recomend digital Devil saga 1+2 or Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne if you have a PS2 and are over 18
Good games! Apparently, they're hard to get these days if you didn't pick 'em up at launch.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:03 pm
by BKR
Generally I try not to buy games anymore since they take away from a lot of my productivity. However, I tend to have a weakness when passing by the used game section of the local games store. As such, I'm currently playing:
Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code.
Hopefully, when I'm done with that I can go back to working on a game I've been making for ages now -_-.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:03 pm
by Nyke
Eeeh, the only thing I've been playing is City of Heroes/Villians. I really should get my PS2 out, so I can play a few games I've been meaning to.
MONGOLS ROCK!
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:06 pm
by Cope
Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors had me by the balls again recently.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:26 pm
by TheSuburbanLetdown
Gradius I-V, Gradius Gaiden, R-Type I-III, Super R-Type, R-Type Delta, R-Type Final. I still need to get Ikaruga.
I play my SNES on occassion. I'm never selling that.
And the original Legend of Zelda. My cartridge is so old, it doesn't even have that warning to hold reset when turning off the power so that the memory doesn't erase.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:48 pm
by Rock_dash
Soul Calibur 3 fills me with a horrible rage. So why can't I stop playing it?
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:23 pm
by Stinkywigfiddle
I just bought a beginners book on GO because I've been interested in learning how to play it for a long time.
The last few of computer games I played was
Gish, mostly creating my own levels; Lemmings, the original version;
and Princess Maker 2, but purely for fetish reasons.
And now I am thinking of playing Colors of War.
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:40 pm
by [AlmightyPyro]
One word. Oblivion!
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:49 pm
by Spriteville, USA
Pimpette wrote:
PS2:
BEAN MACHINE.
(an addictive little game I found on a disc featuring a collection of Sonic games)
FUCK YES.