Page 1 of 2

I got teargassed!

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:01 pm
by Driving Without Pants
I was collateral damage at the 2005 Michigan State University basketball riots. The cops laid down a huge cloud of the stuff, the whole campus reeks.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:03 pm
by Joel Fagin
What were the basketballs rioting about?

- Joel Fagin

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:06 pm
by Toxic
Your first tear gassing! That's like a rite of passage.

My first tear gassing occurred in 2002 at...oh, nevermind.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:10 pm
by Tynan
Did they use mass amounts of Mace as well?

When I got maced...I was just dead! Was at an activist rally and I dont know what was going on cause I got taken to it...I dont even know what they were protesting about..but someone did something to a cop and the *hit hit the fan! I didn't even get a full dose of mace in my face and I still just freaking collapsed! Got in my mouth and my throat..I thought I was gonna die..its like being on fire but you cant put it out!

I'm so damn accident prone.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:14 pm
by Luprand
Fun fact: mace is also a spice used in the kitchen.

--Sij

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:22 am
by Driving Without Pants
I was not maced, but many people were.

Another fun fact: mace is designed to be sprayed on the chest. Most cops spray it in your eyes. Tear gas canisters are meant to be fired onto the ground. Most cops fire them at people.

Image

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:16 am
by Isukiyomi
Tynan wrote:Did they use mass amounts of Mace as well?

When I got maced...I was just dead! Was at an activist rally and I dont know what was going on cause I got taken to it...I dont even know what they were protesting about..but someone did something to a cop and the *hit hit the fan! I didn't even get a full dose of mace in my face and I still just freaking collapsed! Got in my mouth and my throat..I thought I was gonna die..its like being on fire but you cant put it out!

I'm so damn accident prone.
Damn Tynan... :o

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:28 am
by Kirb
Luprand wrote:Fun fact: mace is also a spice used in the kitchen.

--Sij
Mmm... zesty.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:03 am
by DJMayhem
Heh, the worst thing that happened to me with a self defense weapon was a kid brought a tazer to school and shocked me in the ass with it. I had some sore cheeks for a while, but the cursing that followed got my entire class in trouble

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:11 am
by Charlesbrubaker
My advice to you.

Never, EVER, hold protest for some reason, at the teargas/pepper spray/mace factory. You'll end up being blind.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:33 am
by DJMayhem
charlesbrubaker wrote:My advice to you.

Never, EVER, hold protest for some reason, at the teargas/pepper spray/mace factory. You'll end up being blind.
There was never a union at one of those factories. Heh heh heh...

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:57 am
by Humbug
Would be intresting if there were

Re: I got teargassed!

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:22 am
by Dr Legostar
Driving Without Pants wrote:I was collateral damage at the 2005 Michigan State University basketball riots. The cops laid down a huge cloud of the stuff, the whole campus reeks.
Meh, after watching Michigan State beat Kentucky... I kinda feel a sick satisfaction knowing that you guys got gassed. (not really, I'm not actually much of a basketball fan, but it felt like the thing to say. And of course even if I did actually feel that way I'd never want to see Good Mister Pants be harmed by the horrors of tear gas...)

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:40 am
by K-Dawg
Wow and to think if Michigan State won yesterday, the tear gassing could have been a lot worse.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:50 am
by Van Douchebag
No, but at my buddy's birthday we were playing with a home-made tazer.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:00 am
by Nyke
I really don't like people who confuse "stun guns" and "tasers".

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:11 pm
by McDuffies
I was teargassed twice. Once when I was 12 years old, a "friend" pulled a prank on me. Second time on October 5. 2000. But only a bit, I was in the next street to the one where gass was thrown so I could only feel it a bit.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:38 pm
by Grabmygoblin
I figure I have to be teargassed at least once in a protest, just to experience it. like breaking a limb. if you've never had it happen, you're probably curious what it is like. yup, it hurts. or getting drunk. yup, all those accounts of being dangerously loose-lipped and close to shutting down all bodily funtions because your BAC is so high oxygen is not getting to vital organs? all true.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:57 pm
by Caduceus
I am in no way curious to see what it is like either be tear gassed or break a limb.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:23 pm
by TheLoserHero
...I, on the other hand, am just a little curious. :3