Page 1 of 4
The pope is dying!!! [update] dead!!!
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:35 pm
by Toxic
Condition upgraded to "very grave"
I'm not Catholic, but losing a Pope is sad. The report says he isn't necessarily dying, but my celebrity death ESP is telling me otherwise.
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:43 pm
by Dutch!
Everybody's dying. At the moment he's just got the inside lane. He's eighty lots though, I'd be rapped to make it that far. The Polish Experiment worked, as far as I'm concerned, so good luck to the bugger and his beliefs.
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:44 pm
by Kirb
I thought he'd been in a grave situation for a couple years now. That poor guy's been through everything, illness-wise.
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:56 pm
by Toxic
I think we need a Latin pope this time around.
Oh god yes...
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:09 am
by Garasade
The pope's dire health gives me much sadness. He is one of the many figures to bring down the scourge of communism, and he suffered for it. I am uncertain about the church's future, it seems as if the church's at the crossroads. The Catholics are very much worried because they want a strong leader who would be benevolent and exemplary of the virtues befitting Jesus. Would he be a staunch traditionalist like Jean Paul II or would he be a reformist reflecting the not so subtle movements for drastic reforms within the church itself?
I am not that much of a believer, but may God bless him. Should he leave us soon, may he ascend to receive the blessings and rest finally in peace. You've labored too much, holy father, your each and every step seemed to bear the weight of the world, you each and every breathless word hung at your lips with intermittent pauses that seem to last for eternity. You may rest, and may God show His good graces and lead us to a peaceful century of calm and prosperity.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:10 am
by Van Douchebag
We need me as a pope.
I'd assfuck tele-evangelists with that crooked cross staff.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:28 am
by Dutch!
There's actually an Aussie in the running for the top job this time around, Cardinal Pell. Mind you, he's been in the job five seconds, but could you imagine an Aussie Pope?
'Look, will you bludgers bugger off and get yer arses off my lawn? Go'n bother yer mother wiv a bottle of gin and let me get some shut eye. Bloody dago pilgrim bastards, should all be shot for wakin' a man this early on a Sunday. Garn, piss off!!'
I don't think they Catholic Church would ever let that happen...
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:43 am
by The Neko
Death seems to come in waves. When one goes, it's as if some others just pop off in sympathy.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:04 am
by Yeahduff
I'm I the only one seeing the parallel between reports of the pope's health and the reports given while Yassir Arafat was dying?
Yes. Yes I am.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:18 am
by Chibiartstudios
Well I see it NOW. Does that count?
It's a shame too. The pope was probably one of the few people in the church that I liked. After that whole pedophile priest thing I sort of developed a rabid hatred for the leadership of the church. Yet oddly I still don't think that badly of the pope. If nothing else he sure tries hard to do the right thing. And you can't hate a man who does that.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:04 am
by Dutch!
Remember also, that he's a Catholic...so if he's dying, I'm not gonna give up on him until three days after he's dead.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:44 am
by Rkolter
Good luck, Catholics. Sorry to see your pope take a turn for the worse.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:46 am
by TheSuburbanLetdown
I met the pope once.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:36 am
by JPSloan
There goes a good man.
A very good man.
But I hope his suffering is short, and that an equal should replace him.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:40 am
by TheSuburbanLetdown
I imagine it's quite difficult to replace someone like him. His condition seems to worsen everyday.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:52 am
by TheGoobla
garasade wrote:He is one of the many figures to bring down the scourge of communism
The Amish must not like him very much.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:21 am
by DJMayhem
Van Douchebag wrote:We need me as a pope.
I'd assfuck tele-evangelists with that crooked cross staff.
There goes most of the Republican supporters.
Well, I am a Catholic (well, a lapsed Catholic) and I just think that it may be time for him to pass. You have to remember, he can't make decisions for the church anymore due to his state. When he passes, it'll make way for a new Pope.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:59 am
by War
He's been a pretty good pope even if I don't agree with a lot of his views. But he really ought to consider retiring, he's now in the exact position that revisions to the church's canon law were made to avoid.
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:34 am
by DancingChaos
The pope will probably die soon (sadly...). The thing is, even if he's sick, he's still doin stuff. Like all that... pope stuff. I'm Christian, so I don't know much about the pope (or I don't watch tv) But I know he does good things to help people...
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:10 am
by Sput
Awwww. poor pope. I always did like him even if i'm not religious. Pooooope don't die :c