The pope is dying!!! [update] dead!!!

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

The pope is dying!!! [update] dead!!!

Post by Toxic »

Condition upgraded to "very grave"

I'm not Catholic, but losing a Pope is sad. The report says he isn't necessarily dying, but my celebrity death ESP is telling me otherwise.
Last edited by Toxic on Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Everybody's dying. At the moment he's just got the inside lane. He's eighty lots though, I'd be rapped to make it that far. The Polish Experiment worked, as far as I'm concerned, so good luck to the bugger and his beliefs.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
Contact:

Post by Kirb »

I thought he'd been in a grave situation for a couple years now. That poor guy's been through everything, illness-wise.
ImageImage
*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Image Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

I think we need a Latin pope this time around.

Image

Oh god yes...
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

Garasade
Regular Poster
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:54 am
Contact:

Post by Garasade »

The pope's dire health gives me much sadness. He is one of the many figures to bring down the scourge of communism, and he suffered for it. I am uncertain about the church's future, it seems as if the church's at the crossroads. The Catholics are very much worried because they want a strong leader who would be benevolent and exemplary of the virtues befitting Jesus. Would he be a staunch traditionalist like Jean Paul II or would he be a reformist reflecting the not so subtle movements for drastic reforms within the church itself?

I am not that much of a believer, but may God bless him. Should he leave us soon, may he ascend to receive the blessings and rest finally in peace. You've labored too much, holy father, your each and every step seemed to bear the weight of the world, you each and every breathless word hung at your lips with intermittent pauses that seem to last for eternity. You may rest, and may God show His good graces and lead us to a peaceful century of calm and prosperity.

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

We need me as a pope.
I'd assfuck tele-evangelists with that crooked cross staff.
Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

There's actually an Aussie in the running for the top job this time around, Cardinal Pell. Mind you, he's been in the job five seconds, but could you imagine an Aussie Pope?

'Look, will you bludgers bugger off and get yer arses off my lawn? Go'n bother yer mother wiv a bottle of gin and let me get some shut eye. Bloody dago pilgrim bastards, should all be shot for wakin' a man this early on a Sunday. Garn, piss off!!'

I don't think they Catholic Church would ever let that happen...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

Death seems to come in waves. When one goes, it's as if some others just pop off in sympathy.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

I'm I the only one seeing the parallel between reports of the pope's health and the reports given while Yassir Arafat was dying?

Yes. Yes I am.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

Well I see it NOW. Does that count?

It's a shame too. The pope was probably one of the few people in the church that I liked. After that whole pedophile priest thing I sort of developed a rabid hatred for the leadership of the church. Yet oddly I still don't think that badly of the pope. If nothing else he sure tries hard to do the right thing. And you can't hate a man who does that.
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Remember also, that he's a Catholic...so if he's dying, I'm not gonna give up on him until three days after he's dead. :D
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Good luck, Catholics. Sorry to see your pope take a turn for the worse. :-?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I met the pope once.
Image

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

There goes a good man.

A very good man.

But I hope his suffering is short, and that an equal should replace him.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I imagine it's quite difficult to replace someone like him. His condition seems to worsen everyday. :(
Image

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

garasade wrote:He is one of the many figures to bring down the scourge of communism
The Amish must not like him very much.

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

Van Douchebag wrote:We need me as a pope.
I'd assfuck tele-evangelists with that crooked cross staff.
There goes most of the Republican supporters.


Well, I am a Catholic (well, a lapsed Catholic) and I just think that it may be time for him to pass. You have to remember, he can't make decisions for the church anymore due to his state. When he passes, it'll make way for a new Pope.
You know, i should work on this.

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

He's been a pretty good pope even if I don't agree with a lot of his views. But he really ought to consider retiring, he's now in the exact position that revisions to the church's canon law were made to avoid.

User avatar
DancingChaos
Regular Poster
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:04 am
Location: USA

Post by DancingChaos »

The pope will probably die soon (sadly...). The thing is, even if he's sick, he's still doin stuff. Like all that... pope stuff. I'm Christian, so I don't know much about the pope (or I don't watch tv) But I know he does good things to help people...
Meow

User avatar
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Post by Sput »

Awwww. poor pope. I always did like him even if i'm not religious. Pooooope don't die :c
lazy sput is lazy.

Locked