Page 1 of 6

Old Lady Sues Teenagers For Being Nice

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:16 pm
by [AOD]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/

I don't normally curse, I think it is a vulgar and coarse thing to do, but WHAT THE FUCK, MAN?!!!

Their intentions were justifiably GOOD. How can someone in their right mind possibly sue two young teenage girls who frightened her for some few seconds in the course of doing something nice?!

This is truly, truly at the height of stupidity, it makes me feel morbid inside! Completely outrageous and sickening.

!~AoD

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
by Dr Legostar
While I do agree completely that such a thing is outright absurd, somehow what disturbs me more is at the bottom of the page where there are several stroies, the first of which is the aforementioned idiotic lawsuit, but right under that, is a story about a nude juice bar... so apparantly wrongful sueing of two nice young ladies is just about as newsworthy as a nude juice bar, anyone but me think that's a bit disturbing in its own right?

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:25 pm
by Magic Kitsune
Old people these days...

Then again, 10pm IS kinda late for someone to deliver cookies to an old woman. And they really should have answered when she called, "Who's there?"

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:25 pm
by Ian Moulding
"I just hope the girls learned a lesson."

What lesson would that be? Don't be nice to people, or that some people are hemorrhoids?

I can kinda almost see being a bit startled by someone pounding on your door and running away, but you get over that in five minutes tops. Crashing at a family member's place that night and going into the hospital the next day - I know small children who show more sense than this 49 year old woman.

God, just think what she's going to be like when she's really old.

And that judge should be kicked off the bench.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:27 pm
by Nyke
Samartin's Reality: No good deed goes unpunished.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:33 pm
by Rkolter
I'm usually the one to give benefit of the doubt.

But had this old lady dropped dead, the world would have been a better place. Holy fucking hell. :evil:

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:37 pm
by Kris X
Bah, today's society we live in.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:38 pm
by Warren
What a fucking cooze. I hope she chokes on a cookie and dies.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:40 pm
by Spriteville, USA
So when do we hit critical mass here in the states?

I'm serious. This is getting out of hand and is slowly getting worse and worse. What will stop it? a rehaul of the judicial system? I think I'm going to sue the judicial system for squandering tax payers dollars in frivilous law suits, the productivity lost by those called into court to testify, or to send in and evidence. The work hours lost by jounralists, analyists, and reporters spent covering this drivel, and for time I personally lose wading though over a dozen new "Lawsuit of the hour" every day I want to look at the news... You know I think I have a legitimate suit here. In fact I could probably prove enough to win by default, as it seems half these fucking suits are settled by.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:47 pm
by Ian Moulding
Spriteville, USA wrote:So when do we hit critical mass here in the states?
I don't see this so much as a US problem as a North American generational problem. Baby Boomers have a massive entitlement complex ("A couple of kids startled me, and I spent the evening twisting my nerves into knots, and now somebody owes me something") and the resources to take these things to court. Get these spoiled brats out of the way, and a lot of clogs in the judicial drains will clear right up.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:52 pm
by Smight
But Wanita Renea Young, 49, said she was at her rural home south of Durango around 10:30 p.m.
She wasn't old she was 49. I'm willing to bet that all the medical fees she got for going to the hospital The next morning!!! were just from doctors sick of having people show up at emergency rooms without an emergency.

*moves to the moon*

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:55 pm
by Ian Moulding
Smight wrote:
She wasn't old she was 49.
And don't knock old people. Even in their nineties neither of my great-grandmothers would have panicked the way this frail idiot did.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:08 pm
by Valuedan
Spriteville, USA wrote:So when do we hit critical mass here in the states?

I'm serious. This is getting out of hand and is slowly getting worse and worse. What will stop it? a rehaul of the judicial system? I think I'm going to sue the judicial system for squandering tax payers dollars in frivilous law suits, the productivity lost by those called into court to testify, or to send in and evidence. The work hours lost by jounralists, analyists, and reporters spent covering this drivel, and for time I personally lose wading though over a dozen new "Lawsuit of the hour" every day I want to look at the news... You know I think I have a legitimate suit here. In fact I could probably prove enough to win by default, as it seems half these fucking suits are settled by.
Hey, us journalists don't mind. We'll cover ANY story, as long as it gets us a piece of that fat money cake.
Also, the my bile rises whenever someone says something about "frivolous lawsuits," because usually when I hear someone complain about the subject, they're bitching about how doctors keep getting sued for malpractice. This old lady really does bite the big one, though.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:18 pm
by Dutch!
Down Under, we have a phrase.

'Only in America'.

Unfortunately, that sort of lawsuit mentality is infiltrating our society too. I think you've got a fight on your hands if you injure someone while protecting your family from a prowler in your house at night.

There was even a small article in the paper this week saying that it was recommended that teachers be banned from wearing ties and jewellery while teaching so kids couldn't use them to try to strange them. Because it's our fault we're wearing ties.

Not that I do. I do enough just wearing a proper shirt once a week.

Nice world these dickberries are making for us, eh?

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:26 pm
by Ian Moulding
You wear a tie? Somehow I always pictured you dressed like Crocodile Dundee.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:26 pm
by Smight
apparently the best thing to do if there is an intruder is to kill them. If they live they'll sue. Lawyers are turning us into murderers!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:31 pm
by Valuedan
Don't blame the lawyers, blame the law.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:35 pm
by KittyKatBlack
Dutch! wrote:Down Under, we have a phrase.

'Only in America'.
We have that phrase here in America too.

Yes, Americans are weird. We do some of the stupidest things imaginable, yet are still proud of who we are. I'm not sure why, we just are. Don't try to figure it out, you'll get a headache.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:37 pm
by Terotrous
America gets a bit of an unfairly bad rep because they're the leaders of the free world. We can all make fun of them cause they're big. But for the most part, America does more good than bad.

However sometimes their judicial system is lacking in common sense.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:40 pm
by KittyKatBlack
Terotrous wrote:America gets a bit of an unfairly bad rep because they're the leaders of the free world. We can all make fun of them cause they're big. But for the most part, America does more good than bad.

However sometimes their judicial system is lacking in common sense.
The loopholes actually occur because America is so diverse. In an attempt to accomidate everyone's different beliefs and lifestyles, certain laws are created that end up working for some people and against others. That's part of the reason our legal system is in such shambles. Most other countries don't seem to understand this.