Old Lady Sues Teenagers For Being Nice

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Old Lady Sues Teenagers For Being Nice

Post by [AOD] »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/

I don't normally curse, I think it is a vulgar and coarse thing to do, but WHAT THE FUCK, MAN?!!!

Their intentions were justifiably GOOD. How can someone in their right mind possibly sue two young teenage girls who frightened her for some few seconds in the course of doing something nice?!

This is truly, truly at the height of stupidity, it makes me feel morbid inside! Completely outrageous and sickening.

!~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

While I do agree completely that such a thing is outright absurd, somehow what disturbs me more is at the bottom of the page where there are several stroies, the first of which is the aforementioned idiotic lawsuit, but right under that, is a story about a nude juice bar... so apparantly wrongful sueing of two nice young ladies is just about as newsworthy as a nude juice bar, anyone but me think that's a bit disturbing in its own right?
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Magic Kitsune
Regular Poster
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Under a rock. Or at my computer, whichever sounds more reasonable.
Contact:

Post by Magic Kitsune »

Old people these days...

Then again, 10pm IS kinda late for someone to deliver cookies to an old woman. And they really should have answered when she called, "Who's there?"
Image

Ian Moulding
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
Contact:

Post by Ian Moulding »

"I just hope the girls learned a lesson."

What lesson would that be? Don't be nice to people, or that some people are hemorrhoids?

I can kinda almost see being a bit startled by someone pounding on your door and running away, but you get over that in five minutes tops. Crashing at a family member's place that night and going into the hospital the next day - I know small children who show more sense than this 49 year old woman.

God, just think what she's going to be like when she's really old.

And that judge should be kicked off the bench.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Samartin's Reality: No good deed goes unpunished.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I'm usually the one to give benefit of the doubt.

But had this old lady dropped dead, the world would have been a better place. Holy fucking hell. :evil:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Bah, today's society we live in.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

What a fucking cooze. I hope she chokes on a cookie and dies.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

So when do we hit critical mass here in the states?

I'm serious. This is getting out of hand and is slowly getting worse and worse. What will stop it? a rehaul of the judicial system? I think I'm going to sue the judicial system for squandering tax payers dollars in frivilous law suits, the productivity lost by those called into court to testify, or to send in and evidence. The work hours lost by jounralists, analyists, and reporters spent covering this drivel, and for time I personally lose wading though over a dozen new "Lawsuit of the hour" every day I want to look at the news... You know I think I have a legitimate suit here. In fact I could probably prove enough to win by default, as it seems half these fucking suits are settled by.

Ian Moulding
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
Contact:

Post by Ian Moulding »

Spriteville, USA wrote:So when do we hit critical mass here in the states?
I don't see this so much as a US problem as a North American generational problem. Baby Boomers have a massive entitlement complex ("A couple of kids startled me, and I spent the evening twisting my nerves into knots, and now somebody owes me something") and the resources to take these things to court. Get these spoiled brats out of the way, and a lot of clogs in the judicial drains will clear right up.

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

But Wanita Renea Young, 49, said she was at her rural home south of Durango around 10:30 p.m.
She wasn't old she was 49. I'm willing to bet that all the medical fees she got for going to the hospital The next morning!!! were just from doctors sick of having people show up at emergency rooms without an emergency.

*moves to the moon*
I remember caring... It was nice.

Ian Moulding
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
Contact:

Post by Ian Moulding »

Smight wrote:
She wasn't old she was 49.
And don't knock old people. Even in their nineties neither of my great-grandmothers would have panicked the way this frail idiot did.

User avatar
Valuedan
Regular Poster
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:41 am
Location: Cheney
Contact:

Post by Valuedan »

Spriteville, USA wrote:So when do we hit critical mass here in the states?

I'm serious. This is getting out of hand and is slowly getting worse and worse. What will stop it? a rehaul of the judicial system? I think I'm going to sue the judicial system for squandering tax payers dollars in frivilous law suits, the productivity lost by those called into court to testify, or to send in and evidence. The work hours lost by jounralists, analyists, and reporters spent covering this drivel, and for time I personally lose wading though over a dozen new "Lawsuit of the hour" every day I want to look at the news... You know I think I have a legitimate suit here. In fact I could probably prove enough to win by default, as it seems half these fucking suits are settled by.
Hey, us journalists don't mind. We'll cover ANY story, as long as it gets us a piece of that fat money cake.
Also, the my bile rises whenever someone says something about "frivolous lawsuits," because usually when I hear someone complain about the subject, they're bitching about how doctors keep getting sued for malpractice. This old lady really does bite the big one, though.
<a href="http://dansedansemacabre.net">Danse Danse Macabre</a> is pretty funny how about you go read it

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Down Under, we have a phrase.

'Only in America'.

Unfortunately, that sort of lawsuit mentality is infiltrating our society too. I think you've got a fight on your hands if you injure someone while protecting your family from a prowler in your house at night.

There was even a small article in the paper this week saying that it was recommended that teachers be banned from wearing ties and jewellery while teaching so kids couldn't use them to try to strange them. Because it's our fault we're wearing ties.

Not that I do. I do enough just wearing a proper shirt once a week.

Nice world these dickberries are making for us, eh?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

Ian Moulding
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
Contact:

Post by Ian Moulding »

You wear a tie? Somehow I always pictured you dressed like Crocodile Dundee.

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

apparently the best thing to do if there is an intruder is to kill them. If they live they'll sue. Lawyers are turning us into murderers!!!
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Valuedan
Regular Poster
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:41 am
Location: Cheney
Contact:

Post by Valuedan »

Don't blame the lawyers, blame the law.
<a href="http://dansedansemacabre.net">Danse Danse Macabre</a> is pretty funny how about you go read it

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Dutch! wrote:Down Under, we have a phrase.

'Only in America'.
We have that phrase here in America too.

Yes, Americans are weird. We do some of the stupidest things imaginable, yet are still proud of who we are. I'm not sure why, we just are. Don't try to figure it out, you'll get a headache.

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

America gets a bit of an unfairly bad rep because they're the leaders of the free world. We can all make fun of them cause they're big. But for the most part, America does more good than bad.

However sometimes their judicial system is lacking in common sense.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Terotrous wrote:America gets a bit of an unfairly bad rep because they're the leaders of the free world. We can all make fun of them cause they're big. But for the most part, America does more good than bad.

However sometimes their judicial system is lacking in common sense.
The loopholes actually occur because America is so diverse. In an attempt to accomidate everyone's different beliefs and lifestyles, certain laws are created that end up working for some people and against others. That's part of the reason our legal system is in such shambles. Most other countries don't seem to understand this.

Locked