The Teeny Tiny Itsy Bitsy Yellow Polka Dot Bikini Thread #1

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Wha-?

Polka dots!
18%
Stripes!
18%
BITEE!!!!
64%

Total votes : 11

Postby Van Douchebag on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:21 pm

What's stupid is that the weapons of mass destruction America tries to take out of the hands of their enemies are cherry bombs compared to America's own weapons of mass destruction.
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:31 pm

And sadder still is that we've spent so much time and money building up our weaponry to make ourselves "invincible," and all of it is useless against the relatively small scale attracts of the terrorists we now have to worry about. Like a bear trying to defeat a swarm of ants, all that power and it's almost useless against our biggest threat.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:32 pm

I do want to make a side point - our military would not be "useless" against these targets if we didn't have some good intentions.

If we didn't give a damn about civilians, I assure you that we could get just about whomever we wanted.

That we do (or at least, that the american people do) is at least worth one point of good credit.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Joel Fagin on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:43 pm

rkolter wrote: No army can stand up to ours if we really truely turned expansionist and decided to take over some country and screw the civilian casualties. Yay us!

They would be destroyed if they tried. The army isn't the issue, but the economy of the situation would be. Everyone'd stop selling to the US and it's not by any means self-sufficient.

Europe acting together and/or China could make a fight of it and China would love any excuse to attack you so even invading Greenland would be troublesome. Australia, on the other hand, would be far too much trouble for America to take. Australia is impossible to defend and our military is under standing orders to not bother and use guerilla tactics and sabotage. Since our special forces units are better, that means trouble.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Van Douchebag on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:06 pm

rkolter wrote:If we didn't give a damn about civilians, I assure you that we could get just about whomever we wanted.

That we do (or at least, that the american people do) is at least worth one point of good credit.

It's not that America doesn't give a damn about civilians; but moreso the fact that America doesn't care as much about civilian deathes as they do the deathes of their soldiers.

"The death of one is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic."

America has a sort of ego that allows them to mourn the death of a single jet pilot downed on a mission while giving no second thought to the innocent people he just "accidently" bombed. If another country attacked America in a state of war the same way America wages war with an unprecedant lack of value of human life there would be a huge outcry of unfairness and war atrocity from the American people.

But if it's a civilian from some third world country? The American people would collectively sigh and say "Poor bastard" before shrugging it off and returning to their greaseball burgers.

The sad truth is Americans don't place the same value on human life as they do on their own people. To be fair, the same can be said for any other first world nation.

I mean, when the Twin Towers fell I was more concerned about the building falling than the people trapped inside.

I suppose it's just part of our human nature not to give a shit about others.
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:29 pm

How about a "Weapon of Mass Seduction?"

What? You know you were all thinking it!
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Van Douchebag on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:55 pm

Reminds me of that tee from T-shirt Hell that says "Weapon of Ass Destruction".
Basicly it was Saddam with a rocket up his ass, but the name was catchy.
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:44 pm

God knows we have a bunch of jackasses in Washington right now. Even in the past, the US has been ridiculously spoiled about some of the issues. Even the American Revolution was a complete joke. What? We rebelled because we were the most successful and least regulated set of colonies in the entire world? I mean, honestly, Americans are just a bunch of greedy bastards. Most of our actions are not motivated by our desire for spreading democracy; we use most everything for our advantage under the banner of "democracy." We created monsters like Saddam and Osama and now we're paying for it.

But here's the cold hard facts: "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Right now, I think it's safe to say that the US is the most powerful nation in the world in most aspects. And despite this fact, I think we're handling it quite nicely. Most other nations with the power we have would be just as corrupt as, if not more than, the US. If only certain people wouldn't push wars under false pretenses...

Speaking of well-trained militaries, who has the best? Israel? I'm pretty sure they have the best black ops in the world.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Caduceus on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:04 pm

It's a part of some humans' natures.

Van Douchebag wrote:I suppose it's just part of our human nature not to give a shit about others.
Caduceus
Marianne
Caduceus
Regular Poster

Postby Brockway on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:44 pm

I'm pretty sure its Israel that has the most well trained military. They have to be, or they wouldn't still be around.
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby JexKerome on Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:46 pm

Personally, I think the Question I want to see answered is:

Who can draw the smallest bikini?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:01 am

Why can't I let this topic go? *sigh*

Joel Fagin wrote:
rkolter wrote: No army can stand up to ours if we really truely turned expansionist and decided to take over some country and screw the civilian casualties. Yay us!

They would be destroyed if they tried. The army isn't the issue, but the economy of the situation would be. Everyone'd stop selling to the US and it's not by any means self-sufficient.

Oh, I'm completely aware of that Joel. :) Our economy would collapse, and then shortly thereafter the world's economy would collapse. It would be bad all around. My point wasn't that we should, or that it'd be economically, politically, etcetera feasable. Just that... militarilly(sp) ... we could.

Joel Fagin wrote:Australia, on the other hand, would be far too much trouble for America to take. Australia is impossible to defend and our military is under standing orders to not bother and use guerilla tactics and sabotage. Since our special forces units are better, that means trouble.

Why would we attack Austrailia? We don't want your Kangaroos! :P
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby Brockway on Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:48 am

But I love Australians... :cry:

Why can't we all get along?
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby JPSloan on Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:04 pm

Bi.
Ki.
Ni.

It's Nikki in a little different style.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:42 pm

As I'm too lazy to draw a fresh bikini pic, I'll just direct you to this page featuring Fuchsia in a bikini. Whee! :P
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Previous

Return to Off Topic