soda or pop?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

soda or pop?

soda
57%
pop
26%
coke you fool
17%

Total votes : 23

Postby RLC Davidson on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:59 pm

*summons the Grateful Dead*

What? We need music....
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster

Postby Orion on Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:44 pm

*places a dimensional barrier preventing any more summonings*

*gives up on that idea and summons Azazoth*
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:47 pm

*puts ivstudios decapitated head on a stick and roasts it over a open fire, attracting wild beasts who devour it*
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nyke on Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:51 pm

It's pop! I know, because I live in Iowa! And Iowa is the state here nearest to the center of the US.

ALL WILL BOW DOWN TO IOWA!!!
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Hobolenno on Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:02 pm

All you fools! It's pepsi! PEPSI I SAY!!!!
http://mehcomics.keenspace.com

Click it. Unless you don't want to. But remember, we're the only site out there with a monkey as a cartoonist.
Hobolenno
Regular Poster

Postby IVstudios on Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:09 pm

*headless body pushes Isukiyomi into the fire. Then joins forces with the other undead and devour Isukiyomi's rosted flesh*
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby RLC Davidson on Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:01 pm

Alright, fine.

*summons Kenny G*

*runs far, far away*
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster

Postby Isukiyomi on Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:32 pm

silly ivstudios, I wear fire proof clothes :P . You just roasted your spamming alter ego. Anyhoo, I'm off to enjoy my tea, after all my mission has been accomplished 8) Have fun!
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:41 pm

what the hell? ::beats
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:43 pm

Isukiyomi wrote:silly ivstudios, I wear fire proof clothes :P . You just roasted your spamming alter ego. Anyhoo, I'm off to enjoy my tea, after all my mission has been accomplished 8) Have fun!

You can't rost him/her, he'she is at the center of the sun...oh yah um "like totaly"

*tapes head back on and goes home*
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:12 am

Isukiyomi wrote:what the hell? ::beats
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Grayswandir on Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:39 pm

*raises hand to get someone's attention*
I'll take one of each!!

On that note...

*summons the Almighty Dead Dragon Carcass*
Bow to the Almighty Dead Dragon Carcass!!!!
Tank'd-Clogging the gutter and loving it...
I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.
Grayswandir
Regular Poster

Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Postby Gage Kronos on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:29 pm

And soda pulls into a COMMANDING lead to make pop, soda pop, and poda sop it's BITCHES! Oh my goodness! Soda is pulling out whips and chains! This isn't going to be pretty folks!
Gage Kronos
Regular Poster

Postby JexKerome on Sat May 01, 2004 2:59 am

Soda. Definitely soda. Pop doesn't cut it. Neither does poda sop. Then again, where I come from it was called altogether another thing, closer to "soft drink". But that's way in the south. Here in the border we swear by soda. And, to me, Coke and Pepsi taste EXACTLY the same. So I've no preferences there, if I want a COLA, but as far as sodas go, give me Root Beer. A&B's, Barq's, Mickey Mouse's, Whateva's, but make it root, and make it beer. And if it's a root beer float what you're offering me, well that's so much better. Dr. Pepper I like, and will take instead of any cola if no root beer is available. But I can never ever ever figure out what Dr. Pepper tastes like. There, I've plugged it. After that, and still ahead of cola, I like apple soda, then grapefruit soda, then orange soda. Lemon soda I can't stand. Neither sprite nor Seven-Up. Those clear sodas taste just like sugared water to me. Now Hawaiian Punch I like, specially if I feel like I need to develop diabetes, which my family is prone to, but then again Hawaiian Punch has no gas so cannot be properly called a soda. More of a punch, but I guess that's why it's called the way it's called.

So, long story short, soda, it's soda. Not pop, not poda sop, not refresco. soda.

There, I've said it and by my words I stand, so help me God.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby KittyKatBlack on Sat May 01, 2004 3:35 am

JexKerome wrote:Dr. Pepper I like, and will take instead of any cola if no root beer is available. But I can never ever ever figure out what Dr. Pepper tastes like.

Dr. Pepper has amazing qualities no other soda has. Dr Pepper is the only soft drink in existance that tastes good even if it's warm, flat, cold, or whatever. It's just THAT good. And I think it might have a bit of caramel flavor to it, but I can't quite pinpoint it either.
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby IVstudios on Sat May 01, 2004 1:46 pm

KittyKatBlack wrote:
JexKerome wrote:Dr. Pepper I like, and will take instead of any cola if no root beer is available. But I can never ever ever figure out what Dr. Pepper tastes like.

Dr. Pepper has amazing qualities no other soda has. Dr Pepper is the only soft drink in existance that tastes good even if it's warm, flat, cold, or whatever. It's just THAT good. And I think it might have a bit of caramel flavor to it, but I can't quite pinpoint it either.

Dr. Pepper is just cherry cola. I know this because in the cafeteria at my school there is a soda fountain with Dr. Pepper in one spout, and Cherry Coke in the spout right next to it (coming out of the same machine even), and they taste exactly the same. (Don't ask my why they are in the same machine, it has puzzled me from the day I saw it.)
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby KittyKatBlack on Sat May 01, 2004 3:58 pm

ivstudios wrote:
KittyKatBlack wrote:

Dr. Pepper is just cherry cola. I know this because in the cafeteria at my school there is a soda fountain with Dr. Pepper in one spout, and Cherry Coke in the spout right next to it (coming out of the same machine even), and they taste exactly the same. (Don't ask my why they are in the same machine, it has puzzled me from the day I saw it.)

Actually, it's not. There's a distinct difference betewwen Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke. Most likely they were just pumping Cherry Coke into the Dr. Pepper spout for some reason.
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby IVstudios on Sat May 01, 2004 4:19 pm

I don't think thats legal, but i guess it is possible.

And Iv'e been drinking Dr. Pepper and Cerry Coke for years, and I can't tell the difference, then again, that might just be me.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Sat May 01, 2004 9:16 pm

Nope, Dr Pepper ain't cherry cola. I know. When the whole "What does Dr. Peppper tastes like?" shebang hit this area I tested this, but they're obviously different flavors. Wouldn't be surprised if one day they were to announce Dr. Pepper tastes like McDuffies' socks, or something like that. I would still drink it, if root beer was unavailable.

As for it tasting the same cold or hot, I wouldn't know. Warm soda is icky.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Sat May 01, 2004 9:19 pm

Nope, Dr Pepper ain't cherry cola. I know. When the whole "What does Dr. Peppper tastes like?" shebang hit this area I tested this, but they're obviously different flavors. Wouldn't be surprised if one day they were to announce Dr. Pepper tastes like McDuffies' socks, or something like that. I would still drink it, if root beer was unavailable.

As for it tasting the same cold or hot, I wouldn't know. Warm soda is icky.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic