Page 1 of 4
Do You Pierce? (use body jewelry)
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:52 pm
by Citypierce
I'm curious if people here use body jewelry. Whether you do or you don't I'd like to hear why.
I'm a store owner who's trying to see things from a teen's point of view.
8)
http://www.citypierce.com 8)
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:07 pm
by RPin
What a shameless plug!
Here, let me be ashamed for you:
Actually, I had two piercings on my left eyebrow, but took off them both later.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:41 pm
by Nyke
All in favor of giving the DM-hurt on this n00b?
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:47 pm
by RPin
I really don't see that person coming back...

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:49 pm
by Luprand
Meh ... I never was really into piercing (I prefer to pierce people with my steely GAZE!!!!!) ... but in all seriousness, I never really saw the point.
Is the piercing to show how manly you are? ... girls are usually more impressed by a guy who can move furniture for them.
Is it to be an individual? ... sure, just like everyone else.
Is it to make a statement? ... "I have no nerve endings here anymore!"
I guess a lot of my opinion of piercing was knowing someone who had his eyebrow pierced. But then he got tired of it a few months later and took it out. And now his eyebrow won't grow back in the place where he got it pierced.
It never struck me as something necessary.
--Sij
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:52 pm
by Keffria
I find it disgusting when people have lip/tongue piercings and they start to play with them (you know, with their tongue...). It's like watching a baby that puts random objects into its mouth, or a cow chewing on something... Ugh...
Anyway, I have pierced ears; that's enough for me.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:01 pm
by RPin
Luprand wrote:Meh ... I never was really into piercing (I prefer to pierce people with my steely GAZE!!!!!) ... but in all seriousness, I never really saw the point.
Is the piercing to show how manly you are? ... girls are usually more impressed by a guy who can move furniture for them.
Is it to be an individual? ... sure, just like everyone else.
Is it to make a statement? ... "I have no nerve endings here anymore!"
I guess a lot of my opinion of piercing was knowing someone who had his eyebrow pierced. But then he got tired of it a few months later and took it out. And now his eyebrow won't grow back in the place where he got it pierced.
It never struck me as something necessary.
--Sij
Well, in my defence I say that I was young and stupid and thought it was cool.
I was 16 at the time, and had to fake a slip to get myself pierced. Then time passed and I started to think I was too old for the stuff.
I'm glad my eyebrows still grow where I got pierced

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:34 pm
by Sippan
I have no piercings, and it's safe to say I'm never getting any. But I am getting a tattoo.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:47 pm
by Grabmygoblin
piercings are pretty boring nowadays. everyone has piercings. yo momma has a nose ring. the only piercing that I've seen today that interested me was a lip ring a friend of mine has.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:23 pm
by SuperSnob
My cousin is obsessed with piercings. He's got something like 20 tattoos, as well. It kinda bothers me for some reason.
I have two holes in my left ear and one in my right. And that's it. I'm not gonna pierce my eyebrows a whole bunch of times just so I can be more punk. (Eyebrow piercings always migrate out eventually anyway).
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:38 pm
by Faub
I'm dropping this one in plugs. Yeahduff can do what he likes with it.
edit: Better yet, random junk. It doesn't really qualify as a "comic."
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:10 pm
by Toxic
It depends where:
HOT:
nipples
upper ear
lip
eyebrow
NOT:
belly button
nose
downstairs...
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:30 pm
by ZOMBIE USER 18017
I plan to get three in my left ear, one in my right, and one in the eyebrow.
Belly button piercings are so easy to get that they've lost most of their "ooo, guess what daring thing I got done to me this weekend" allure.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:19 pm
by [geoduck]
Peircing and tattoos are both stupid, in my opinion. The sad thing is that people will have to keep coming up with stuff that is even more extreme, in order for it to be a statement of rebellion and/or coolness.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:31 pm
by DEVO-Bot
I dunno, I think tattoos make a little more sense than piercings. At least they can say stuff or look really cool sometimes. Piercings just look painful.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:10 pm
by Warren
Piercing is so yesterday. Just like tattoos, but less permanent.
*has two piercings in ear*
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:10 pm
by Superlance
Oh, the pain I feel when I see someone with a pierced lip or eyebrow is just unberable...
They gross, and just oh-so-painful...
I was staring slack-jawed at a guy in the army/ navy store when I was buying some paintball clothes; it was so horrible..
He had a nose piercing, eyebrow pirecing, and one of those awful ones under your bottom lip that look like a silver zit...
I almost died...
Luckily he went back toward the combat boots when I headed over toward the jackets...
It was a close call.
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:28 am
by Phact0rri
I've had body piercings since I was about 13 or so-- to me its nothing out of the ordinary for people to have them. I don't feel one way or the other about them. Never saw what the big deal was.
currently I have my libret (fore mentioned silver zit), my septium, my ears, and my nips. basically what ever I can take out or hide. I don't wear them all the time anymore.. and usually wear plugs when I do. less I'm playing a show and want to "dress up" or what not.
but i've never really understood why people feel so strongly adversion to them. its just body art.
Re: Do You Pierce? (use body jewelry)
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:08 am
by Jeffy
citypierce wrote:I'm curious if people here use body jewelry. Whether you do or you don't I'd like to hear why.
I'm a store owner who's trying to see things from a teen's point of view.
8)
http://www.citypierce.com 8)
then i feel oppressed!
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:03 pm
by K-Dawg
I have a friend who is piercing obsessed. She has two in her bellybutton, about 4 or 5 in each ear, one under her tongue, and two piercings on her nipples. She as well has two tattoos.
The one thing I never understood is this thing now where people get their tongue sliced in half.
