Do You Pierce? (use body jewelry)

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Is body piercing hot or not nowadays?

Smoking! 8)
20%
Ice Cold. :o
40%
I have no opinion, I'm just clicking because I'm addicted to polls. :-?
40%

Total votes : 30

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:48 pm

Tongue splitting is sort of err illegal for piercing/tattoo shops those who do it keep it on the downlow as they can get in big trouble for that sort of thing. its the same thing for some inserts like on the scalp or neck. but I won't go into that.

the proccess involves a fishing line and either a scapel or a laser. I actually have some good friends who are professional tattoo artists and piercers (I have plans for adding my friend Chad who's a tat artist as a regular in the coffeeshop thats the center of my webcomic), and its really risky.

what suprises me is there is an estimated 100,000 people who have done this. I am in the belief that "The body is thine temple and dress it up like you want to" but I think the fork tongue is a little to rich for my blood. Though really I just don't think I'd look good with one. *c*
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Esoterik on Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:32 pm

I had my eyebrow pierced for a little while, but took it out. It wasn't worth the hassle of cleaning it, etc. Wasn't that cool anyway.
Esoterik
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 18017 on Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:05 pm

Superlance wrote:Oh, the pain I feel when I see someone with a pierced lip or eyebrow is just unberable...

They gross, and just oh-so-painful...

Actually, the pain isn't that bad. A cartilage piercing feels a bit like a bruise. If surgery can be done with a concious patient (and no anesthetics)...

Of course I have to forget the time my ear got infected and the earring (a rhinestone) had to be pulled out backwards. No pain can compare when you're 9 and bleeding profusely.
ZOMBIE USER 18017
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:57 am

Well... pain tolerance is diffrent for diffrent people, and that needs to be concidered as well. So one can't say this hurts or this doesn't hurt to any margin...

I have a very high pain threshold for example (but I won't go into the hows and whys), and where for me the only time i had tears from a piercing was when I got my septium pierced and that was because it a major sinus cavity-- the same might not be said for someone who's more sensitive to it.

its a funny story actually, they had paper towels out cause my eyes were watering so bad. but the piercing itself was probably my all time favorite one.
Phact0rri

Postby McDuffies on Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:25 pm

Is this thread about whether I like guy pierce?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Warren on Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:11 pm

mmmm.... pain......

*bites tongue*
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby YarpsDat on Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:23 pm

No piercings.
I'd be an easy target for alien metal sensors!
And they would track me down in a forest and I couldn't hide, and they'd take me into their spaceship... AAAGH!

* considers wrapping his head in aluminium foil *

* realizes aluminium is a metal *

* panics *
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grabmygoblin on Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:47 pm

I've always wondered, is tinsel metal, plastic, rubber, or what? it has components of each.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

I wonder if people actually read titltes? Cause I'm naked.

Postby Brockway on Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:08 pm

I believe tinsel is mylar, or something like it. Its like plastic with a film of aluminum, or something like that. I think.
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby KittyKatBlack on Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:42 pm

I think they're gross, personally. Ears are ok, I suppose. But anything over that makes me just shiver. I dunno. I guess the fact that you have a hole in your body, with a piece of metal through it.... a piece of metal that at any time can get stuck on something and TEAR THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOUR BODY... Basicly whenever I see a piercing, my mind immediatly pictures that pirecing being ripped from their body in a very painful way. It makes me steer clear of piercings. I haven't even done my ears... those I MIGHT do, but only if I ever find a set of earrings I REALLY want to wear. I haven't yet.

I don't like large tattoos. You know, like the ones that cover your whole arm or back and stuff. I don't mind accent tattoos though. Like the little rings around people's biceps, or a small butterfly or something on their shoulder, rear or whatever. But nothing really big. I think anything larger than a silver dollar (Except for like, the ring ones that go around arms or whatever.) is too big for my tastes.
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Xmung on Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:55 pm

Superlance wrote:Oh, the pain I feel when I see someone with a pierced lip or eyebrow is just unberable...

:lol:
having spent a bit of time around nudist camps, i can tell you that lips and eyebrows ain't got nothin' on some of the places i've seen pierced!
:o :oops: :o :oops:

i mean... owwwwie!

(btw, no piercings in, or tats on, me)
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!
Xmung
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grabmygoblin on Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:59 pm

this is the tattoo that I want to get on my shoulder:
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bright spark on Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:21 am

Ooo, I like it.

I have some ear holes and got a nose stud when I was 15. I've never really thought about taking it out, just seems natural now. Though if I got one now instead, probably would have chosen sonehwere different to pierce.
Go on, check it out

http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.
Bright spark
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:53 pm

I never understood what the deal with people's adversion to it was. I mean sure I suppose you can think it hurt or what ever, and maybe its disgusting to others. I suppose I've never really been able to look at it from the outside in.. so I wouldn't know. I've actually never actually had much flack about that side of it.

now I've heard a lot of people ripping on me growing up for them. But that was granted that people would find what ever reasons they could for making fun of the skater/punk/etc population at my school. And fights was a common accurance. And I suppose looking back now I still don't understood why people hated to see others with piercing, blue hair, a dinosaur J.R shirt or whater... that made them want to scrap.

but no one ever said.. "Eww thats disgusting" or "thats painful to me looking at it". So its at least nice to know, other people's takes on it. I tend to hang out with people like me more or less. we constantly have conversations about tattoo's and piercings, its really just a part of life for me.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Grabmygoblin on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:57 pm

phactorri wrote: And I suppose looking back now I still don't understood why people hated to see others with piercing, blue hair, a dinosaur J.R shirt or whater... that made them want to scrap.

it drove me nuts when other people dyed their hair green when my hair was green or dyed their hair blue when mine was blue. some little freshman boy even copied my forelock-movie-rogue look my senior year :evil:
I guess it is because it is an expression of individualism, and when someone copies you it makes you less unique.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:39 am

grabmygoblin wrote:it drove me nuts when other people dyed their hair green when my hair was green or dyed their hair blue when mine was blue. some little freshman boy even copied my forelock-movie-rogue look my senior year :evil:
I guess it is because it is an expression of individualism, and when someone copies you it makes you less unique.

Well I remember people doing what I did, easly as junior high, at first it got annoying but I lived with it. Made me feel kind of good.. like my own little fan club. *l*
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby KittyKatBlack on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:49 am

I found that the easiest way to be unique was just not do whatevery one else did. That's pretty much why I don't drink, don't smoke and I support the government. ^_^ I'm SUCH a rebel.... :wink:
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Bright spark on Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:54 am

"There is nothing new under the sun"

Some one famous once said that.
Go on, check it out

http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.
Bright spark
Regular Poster

Postby KittyKatBlack on Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:11 pm

bright spark wrote:"There is nothing new under the sun"

Some one famous once said that.

Well, it's pretty true nowdays. I mean after all anything new is normally locked away in some dark room somewhere with all the windows boarded up until the person that created it gets it patented so it doesn't get stolen.... and by that time, there's already 4 other people with clones of it... so it's not new by the time it actually comes out.
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:56 pm

ehh being unique is to much trouble... and highly over rated. or maybe I'm just lazy.
Phact0rri

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic