Do You Pierce? (use body jewelry)

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Is body piercing hot or not nowadays?

Smoking! 8)
6
20%
Ice Cold. :o
12
40%
I have no opinion, I'm just clicking because I'm addicted to polls. :-?
12
40%
 
Total votes: 30

Citypierce
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:26 pm

Do You Pierce? (use body jewelry)

Post by Citypierce »

I'm curious if people here use body jewelry. Whether you do or you don't I'd like to hear why.

I'm a store owner who's trying to see things from a teen's point of view.

8) http://www.citypierce.com 8)

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

What a shameless plug!

Here, let me be ashamed for you: :oops:

Actually, I had two piercings on my left eyebrow, but took off them both later.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

All in favor of giving the DM-hurt on this n00b?
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

I really don't see that person coming back... :roll:

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Meh ... I never was really into piercing (I prefer to pierce people with my steely GAZE!!!!!) ... but in all seriousness, I never really saw the point.

Is the piercing to show how manly you are? ... girls are usually more impressed by a guy who can move furniture for them.

Is it to be an individual? ... sure, just like everyone else.

Is it to make a statement? ... "I have no nerve endings here anymore!"

I guess a lot of my opinion of piercing was knowing someone who had his eyebrow pierced. But then he got tired of it a few months later and took it out. And now his eyebrow won't grow back in the place where he got it pierced.

It never struck me as something necessary.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Post by Keffria »

I find it disgusting when people have lip/tongue piercings and they start to play with them (you know, with their tongue...). It's like watching a baby that puts random objects into its mouth, or a cow chewing on something... Ugh...

Anyway, I have pierced ears; that's enough for me.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Luprand wrote:Meh ... I never was really into piercing (I prefer to pierce people with my steely GAZE!!!!!) ... but in all seriousness, I never really saw the point.

Is the piercing to show how manly you are? ... girls are usually more impressed by a guy who can move furniture for them.

Is it to be an individual? ... sure, just like everyone else.

Is it to make a statement? ... "I have no nerve endings here anymore!"

I guess a lot of my opinion of piercing was knowing someone who had his eyebrow pierced. But then he got tired of it a few months later and took it out. And now his eyebrow won't grow back in the place where he got it pierced.

It never struck me as something necessary.

--Sij
Well, in my defence I say that I was young and stupid and thought it was cool.

I was 16 at the time, and had to fake a slip to get myself pierced. Then time passed and I started to think I was too old for the stuff.

I'm glad my eyebrows still grow where I got pierced :o

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

I have no piercings, and it's safe to say I'm never getting any. But I am getting a tattoo.
Image

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

piercings are pretty boring nowadays. everyone has piercings. yo momma has a nose ring. the only piercing that I've seen today that interested me was a lip ring a friend of mine has.
Image

User avatar
SuperSnob
Regular Poster
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: SK, Canada
Contact:

Post by SuperSnob »

My cousin is obsessed with piercings. He's got something like 20 tattoos, as well. It kinda bothers me for some reason.

I have two holes in my left ear and one in my right. And that's it. I'm not gonna pierce my eyebrows a whole bunch of times just so I can be more punk. (Eyebrow piercings always migrate out eventually anyway).

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

I'm dropping this one in plugs. Yeahduff can do what he likes with it.

edit: Better yet, random junk. It doesn't really qualify as a "comic."

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

It depends where:

HOT:
nipples
upper ear
lip
eyebrow

NOT:
belly button
nose
downstairs...
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

ZOMBIE USER 18017
Regular Poster
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 18017 »

I plan to get three in my left ear, one in my right, and one in the eyebrow.

Belly button piercings are so easy to get that they've lost most of their "ooo, guess what daring thing I got done to me this weekend" allure.

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

Peircing and tattoos are both stupid, in my opinion. The sad thing is that people will have to keep coming up with stuff that is even more extreme, in order for it to be a statement of rebellion and/or coolness.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

I dunno, I think tattoos make a little more sense than piercings. At least they can say stuff or look really cool sometimes. Piercings just look painful.
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Piercing is so yesterday. Just like tattoos, but less permanent.

*has two piercings in ear*
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Superlance
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
Location: ASMS, Mobile
Contact:

Post by Superlance »

Oh, the pain I feel when I see someone with a pierced lip or eyebrow is just unberable...

They gross, and just oh-so-painful...

I was staring slack-jawed at a guy in the army/ navy store when I was buying some paintball clothes; it was so horrible..

He had a nose piercing, eyebrow pirecing, and one of those awful ones under your bottom lip that look like a silver zit...

:o


I almost died...
Luckily he went back toward the combat boots when I headed over toward the jackets...
It was a close call.
Image

ASMS: The school for the criminally insane.
They put us here to keep up away from the normal people.
You feared Algebra in high school? Integral Calculus is a required class here.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

I've had body piercings since I was about 13 or so-- to me its nothing out of the ordinary for people to have them. I don't feel one way or the other about them. Never saw what the big deal was.

currently I have my libret (fore mentioned silver zit), my septium, my ears, and my nips. basically what ever I can take out or hide. I don't wear them all the time anymore.. and usually wear plugs when I do. less I'm playing a show and want to "dress up" or what not.

but i've never really understood why people feel so strongly adversion to them. its just body art.

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Re: Do You Pierce? (use body jewelry)

Post by Jeffy »

citypierce wrote:I'm curious if people here use body jewelry. Whether you do or you don't I'd like to hear why.

I'm a store owner who's trying to see things from a teen's point of view.

8) http://www.citypierce.com 8)
then i feel oppressed!

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

I have a friend who is piercing obsessed. She has two in her bellybutton, about 4 or 5 in each ear, one under her tongue, and two piercings on her nipples. She as well has two tattoos.

The one thing I never understood is this thing now where people get their tongue sliced in half. :-?
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

Locked