Richard Dean Anderson getting killed off from Stargate SG1!!

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

This good or bad?

Good! He sucks.
18%
Bad! They're killing the show.
27%
What the hell are you babbling about?
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby Brockway on Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:34 am

Ok, saw it and taped it. On a horribly appaled note... there is a stargate cartoon. And it sickens me. It looks like the freaking rescue heroes, and they fight lizard things, and it has apparently nothing to do with the series.
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Plothole on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:37 pm

grabmygoblin wrote:*sniffles* just saw the season finale of sg1. :cry: anyone else see it? also, can someone tell me whether sg1 has been renewed for another season or if sci-fi is just going to be running atlantis next year? I heard the current season was possibly going to be the last, but have not heard the rumor comfirmed or denyed.

* WARNING: This article contains spoilers *
http://www.scifi.com/stargate/press/press_03.html
Following its premiere, 18 additional original episodes of Atlantis will air during the show
Plothole
Cartoon Hero

Postby Brockway on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:54 pm

The description sounds exactly like the cartoon I saw. The enemy are the weird lizard monsters. The people were stranded way far away from earth, and were going randomly around. In the episode I saw, they had weird purple people who wore mud all the time, and the young rookie guy thought they were ugly. Then they took off the mud, and they were hot. Moral of the story, don't judge a book by its cover. I think they killed the series now. If not officially, then to me. SG1 may not suck, but atlantis and that damn hellspawn of a stomach churning cartoon do.

Those bastards. If this really does happen, I will stop watching the sci-fi channel, and probably join some campaign to bitch at them.
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:46 pm

I'm excited Adromeda is coming to Sci-fi... maybe the show will get good again like the first two seasons!
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby DGC on Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:06 am

I don't think SG-1 depends on Sci-Fi money as much as some of the other shows that the stupid channel has canned (Farscape). I see SG-1 on other networks and apparently, some Euro markets see the episodes a month or more before we do in the States. So when they call it a "Sci-Fi Original Series" I'm not sure they actually own that much of the show as much as they just own the rights to first-run the new episodes in the US.

Also, at the San Diego Comic-Con last summer, there was a SG-1 panel and they were pretty sure they were going to keep making episodes for the next few years. Unlike the Futurama and Farscape panels, which sort of felt like they were saying goodbye to all the fans. The Atlantis thing is going to be kind of like all the "Law and Order" spin-offs or "CSI: Miami". Everybody seemed to be excited about it. I'm hoping it turns out good, but SG-1 will continue regardless.

Finally, "Stargate: Infinity" has to be one of the most horrifically bad shows I've ever seen. It feels like the bastard son of Captain Planet starring a band of GI Joe rejects from the mid-80's. I was rolling on the floor when I first saw that thing.

Oh yeah, the season finale was fucking awesome.
"The Last Star Fighter was a guy from a trailer park. And people from trailer parks are MEAN."
http://section3.comicgenesis.com
http://www.myspace.com/benmannix-because I'm just too lazy to have a Real Blog
DGC
Regular Poster

Postby Ferrik on Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:33 am

Does anyone know if Don S. Davis (Hammond) has been signed for the eighth season? He hadn't a few months back, but hopefully that has changed.

Speaking of cancelled shows...anyone in here a Firefly fan?
Ferrik

Previous

Return to Off Topic