Comics you buy.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- CaptainClaude
- Witty British President
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
- Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
- Contact:
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
-
RobertBlake
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 580
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: United States
- Contact:
The only comics I've been reading with any sort of regularity lately are the ones in the comics section of my favourite newspaper.
Aside from that, I have a couple of FoxTrot compilation books, as well as Citizen Dog, Zits, and Far Side. I also have a bunch of New Teen Titans, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Batman comics.
I'm currently subscribed to Shonen Jump magazine, but I'm waiting for the subscription to end due to lack of interest in the stories.
Aside from that, I have a couple of FoxTrot compilation books, as well as Citizen Dog, Zits, and Far Side. I also have a bunch of New Teen Titans, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Batman comics.
I'm currently subscribed to Shonen Jump magazine, but I'm waiting for the subscription to end due to lack of interest in the stories.
- CaptainClaude
- Witty British President
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
- Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
- Contact:
I didnt enjoy that one much. pete going all "Spider-man wont kill you. I'll fucking kill you. bitch. was just kinda upsetting to read. much like the rest of this whole Aunt May's gonna diiiiiiiiie. agaaaaaaaaiiiiin. story.[AlmightyPyro] wrote:Oh I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes.
Also, did any one else think Spidey beating the shit out of King pin was kick ass?
the whole punisher has become Captain America, Spider-man has become the punisher thing is all holding.
- Laemkral
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3269
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
- Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
- Contact:
I'm a dirty dirty Marvel whore, but not even close to Zwuh.
I'm a Spider-Man guy, first and foremost. I read most anything they print that's Spider-Man related except for future/alternate universe crap (What Ifs excluded from this exclusion) such as Spider-Girl.
Also:
Punisher
Punisher War Journal
Daredevil (in TPB only)
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Thor
Fantastic Four
X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
Uncanny X-Man
Ghost Rider
Blade
Captain America (as long as the story keeps running)
Wolverine
Wolverine:Origins
She Hulk
and most of the limited series that tie in to these characters.
I've made a point of avoiding World War Hulk simply because it ties in to too many comics I DO NOT read and I'll wait for the end game summary to figure out what has happened. I'm picking up New X-Men and X-Factor (which I'm contemplating buying in TPB) as part of Extinction. I'm also thinking about getting Cable and Deadpool just because I LOVE the writing for Deadpool, but again only in TPB form.
Like I said, a dirty Marvel whore.
I'm a Spider-Man guy, first and foremost. I read most anything they print that's Spider-Man related except for future/alternate universe crap (What Ifs excluded from this exclusion) such as Spider-Girl.
Also:
Punisher
Punisher War Journal
Daredevil (in TPB only)
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Thor
Fantastic Four
X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
Uncanny X-Man
Ghost Rider
Blade
Captain America (as long as the story keeps running)
Wolverine
Wolverine:Origins
She Hulk
and most of the limited series that tie in to these characters.
I've made a point of avoiding World War Hulk simply because it ties in to too many comics I DO NOT read and I'll wait for the end game summary to figure out what has happened. I'm picking up New X-Men and X-Factor (which I'm contemplating buying in TPB) as part of Extinction. I'm also thinking about getting Cable and Deadpool just because I LOVE the writing for Deadpool, but again only in TPB form.
Like I said, a dirty Marvel whore.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Bone and Persepolis were good...mcDuffies wrote:One thing, though, a few of American issues that I can find in bookstores here are always wrapped in foil, so I always get pissed off when I realise that art of the comic is far inferior to the one on the cover. I wonder, do you have a chance to flip through the book in bookstores over there, or do you have to judge by the cover, which is, in many cases, blatant false advertising?
Ours have the same false advertising on the covers, but they're not sealed so we can see the insides fine...
-
Sirhawkeye
- Newbie
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 pm
- CaptainClaude
- Witty British President
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
- Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
- Contact:
- Pimpette
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
- Location: Comi-what now?
- Contact:
One of these days I would like to pick up that massive Calvin&Hobbes box set... cause you can never have too much C&H.
Also!
I'm home now, so these are the two comic covers I thought hilarious enough to link:
This one just made me go "WTF" and then laugh... and it was only 25 cents so .. hey, why not, right?

And then there's this... I think credit for finding this goes to phact, who dug it out and just about died laughing showing it to me.

"Nice coat."
"Thanks, Batman."
Then there's the cover with Harley Quinn about to give an oblivious Superman a haircut with a chainsaw... but it's buried in one of my bags and I'm lazy.
Also!
I'm home now, so these are the two comic covers I thought hilarious enough to link:
This one just made me go "WTF" and then laugh... and it was only 25 cents so .. hey, why not, right?

And then there's this... I think credit for finding this goes to phact, who dug it out and just about died laughing showing it to me.

"Nice coat."
"Thanks, Batman."
Then there's the cover with Harley Quinn about to give an oblivious Superman a haircut with a chainsaw... but it's buried in one of my bags and I'm lazy.
If DC didn't suck so much generally I would be a more general comic whore.Laemkral wrote:I'm a dirty dirty Marvel whore, but not even close to Zwuh.
I'm a Spider-Man guy, first and foremost. I read most anything they print that's Spider-Man related except for future/alternate universe crap (What Ifs excluded from this exclusion) such as Spider-Girl.
ETC...
I've made a point of avoiding World War Hulk simply because it ties in to too many comics I DO NOT read and I'll wait for the end game summary to figure out what has happened. I'm picking up New X-Men and X-Factor (which I'm contemplating buying in TPB) as part of Extinction. I'm also thinking about getting Cable and Deadpool just because I LOVE the writing for Deadpool, but again only in TPB form.
Like I said, a dirty Marvel whore.
Ultimate Spider-Man is awesome and you should feel bad.
And World War Hulk will kick your ass! Its surprisingly fantastic, and Marvel is always quite good at making sure the main crossover book doesn't really NEED all the other tie-ins. WWH is no exception.
Umm... yes. I like comics. >_>
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" -George Bernard Shaw
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
- Grabmygoblin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4062
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm
Iron Man is an asshole.
and also totally Ozymandias.
many characters were doing that emo/don't-fuck-with-me-buddy/Punisher routine, but seem to be settling back into their normal personalities. everyone gets pissed sometimes. the cover with smiling pete in the red and blues with a camera and angry JJJ on a billboard behind him made me happy.
edit:this pic
Wolverine: Origins really sucked there for a while, it get any better? well, it had to get better just because they're finally giving us Wolverine in WWII, but otherwise, has it improved?
you guys see this pic yet? supposedly it's tied to ҉Panother civil war
and also totally Ozymandias.
many characters were doing that emo/don't-fuck-with-me-buddy/Punisher routine, but seem to be settling back into their normal personalities. everyone gets pissed sometimes. the cover with smiling pete in the red and blues with a camera and angry JJJ on a billboard behind him made me happy.
edit:this pic
Wolverine: Origins really sucked there for a while, it get any better? well, it had to get better just because they're finally giving us Wolverine in WWII, but otherwise, has it improved?
you guys see this pic yet? supposedly it's tied to ҉Panother civil war
It did suck yes, and yes the WW2 stuff seems a little better. I'm still quite close to giving up on it though. At least the main Wolverine series is good.grabmygoblin wrote:
Wolverine: Origins really sucked there for a while, it get any better? well, it had to get better just because they're finally giving us Wolverine in WWII, but otherwise, has it improved?
you guys see this pic yet? supposedly it's tied to ...[/size]
I am excited by this CW image... but only if it isn't a way to push that ever-so-tempting RESET BUTTON.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" -George Bernard Shaw
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
You can't go wrong with Nick Fury.Pimpette wrote:One of these days I would like to pick up that massive Calvin&Hobbes box set... cause you can never have too much C&H.
Also!
I'm home now, so these are the two comic covers I thought hilarious enough to link:
This one just made me go "WTF" and then laugh... and it was only 25 cents so .. hey, why not, right?
- Tim
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
- Location: State of WA, formerly MA
- Contact:
Three whores, one of whom is wearing no shirt but pasties, and a guy wearing a scuba mask on land?
These are the people telling me how to dress?!
*@%#* me, indeed.
(Seems like they'd be no problem for Motormouth...she blends right in)
Also, I like how Nick Fury can swear on the cover, but not Motormouth.
These are the people telling me how to dress?!
*@%#* me, indeed.
(Seems like they'd be no problem for Motormouth...she blends right in)
Also, I like how Nick Fury can swear on the cover, but not Motormouth.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!
- CaptainClaude
- Witty British President
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
- Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
- Contact:







