The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Dotty
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2434
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:29 pm
Location: Drunk!
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Dotty »

I'll hold myself together with glue if I have to, but I want in.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by MixedMyth »

Dotty wrote:I'll hold myself together with glue if I have to, but I want in.
*high fives Dotty...gingerly, and putting ice on hands afterwards*

Go go Team Invalid!
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Tellurider »

I have learned of this through chat and I'm in.

Furthermore there shall be ZOMBIES!

Because. yeah that's right, BECAUSE!
Image
updates Thursdays

User avatar
Mason
Regular Poster
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:49 pm
Location: Wolverhampton, UK

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Mason »

Throw my name up there.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Phact0rri »

well least the Keon to keff height ratio is intact.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Mercury Hat »

It looks more like she can fly.

Dawg, put that in, it's gold.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by K-Dawg »

Flight eh?
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
KWill
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Disappointed
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by KWill »

K-Dawg wrote:Now I shall be the first to post concept sketches and ideas for my short comic idea:
Bastire! The only "sketch" I've got so far gives away the ending! >=(

User avatar
May Day
Regular Poster
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:24 am
Location: Saskatoon Land
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by May Day »

^^ I want in on this! :D

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Mercury Hat »

I'll post so many conflicting sketches that you won't know what goes in it and what doesn't!
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

I want to try this! The only problem is that my USBs don't work, so there might be a problem in scanning, coloring. Dare I... color with pencils?! We shall see!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:48 am
Location: Should we check the internet? :S
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Robin Pierce »

okay! OKAY. I'll TRY. so that's a maybe.
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link

User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Paul Escobar »

Do we post the comics in this thread, or do we put them up on our sites and link to them?
And if it's the latter, do we have to have a CG webcomic account to participate?

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by IVstudios »

Character Sketches
Image
Image

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by K-Dawg »

Paul Escobar wrote:Do we post the comics in this thread, or do we put them up on our sites and link to them?
And if it's the latter, do we have to have a CG webcomic account to participate?
The vague answer: Go with whatever you believe in.

An actual answer to your question: Post the comics where ever you want, in this thread, on your site, on some tree and you take polarids, doesn't matter. And no you don't have to have a CG account, this is open to anyone at all. It just so happens it's only posted here, mostly cause I'd rather not go to every community I post on and have to keep track of it here and there. :-?
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Paul Escobar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: State of Flux

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Paul Escobar »

K-Dawg wrote:Post the comics where ever you want, in this thread, on your site, on some tree and you take polarids, doesn't matter. And no you don't have to have a CG account, this is open to anyone at all.
Cool. Add me to the participant list, please.

User avatar
Lunar
Regular Poster
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Do I look insane?
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Lunar »

If for no other reason than to get off the wimpy list of wimpy wimps I'll think about putting something together.
Image

Image

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by Tynan »

I'm down like a clown with a frown.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by MixedMyth »

It'd be really cool if this could all be published afterwards on one of those print on demand places, so we could all have a hard copy.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
CaptainClaude
Witty British President
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
Contact:

Re: The Official Short Comic thread of bitter tears and smiles.

Post by CaptainClaude »

need to have a set page size and res then, thats crazy with the organisation!

you must be some kind of maniac.

Locked