Anyone have the Broken Miko Desktop?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
EvilChihuahua
Regular Poster
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Canadaland
Contact:

Anyone have the Broken Miko Desktop?

Post by EvilChihuahua »

Does anyone have that one Broken Miho wallpaper Fred and Meerkat did for megatokyo? I can't find a full size image anywhere, and it's really starting to annoy me. Ant I'm not talking about the fan-made ones made from his sketch either. I want the real mccoy.

I know it exists, cause I had it as my background for a time. I SHOULD HAVE SAVED IT!!!
note: any l337 used in the previous post was used ony to avoid the poster's Cybersitter. Image

User avatar
Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
Contact:

Post by Kirb »

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE /r/ TO YOU, SIR?



But no. I don't have it.
ImageImage
*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Image Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
Image

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

I think you're asking the wrong community about MegaTokyo.


I still say most of his characters look like they have Down's. Or they're just ping-pong balls with faces drawn on them.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Wasn't it <strike>http://www.fagart.com</strike> http://www.fredart.com/ ?

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Y'know, Megatokyo does have it's own forum. Maybe you should ask there. Image
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
EvilChihuahua
Regular Poster
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Canadaland
Contact:

Post by EvilChihuahua »

I really don't have the time to sign up for every single comic's forum, and no, It's not on his art site.

And what do you mean wrong community? This is a webcomic community, and Megatokyo's a webcomic. Just because it's super popular doesn't mean it's a completely different audience.
note: any l337 used in the previous post was used ony to avoid the poster's Cybersitter. Image

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

At first I thought this topic was "broken Miko" and I was all "Tdot did a desktop of Miko, I wants" then I realized what it was about. hmm, that gives me an idea...

Edit: I did read right. The topic says Miko but you're talking about Miho.

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

I thought Lord Fred had decided Megatokyo was a 'webmanga' or some such shit.

Seriously though, I know why I don't like Megatokyo (I'm a bitter bitter man) but why is the forum against it?
Image

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

So you're the only person allowed to feel bitter, is that it!? IS THAT WHAT YOU"RE SAYING!!
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

Boogiebop
Regular Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Boogiebop »

orion wrote:So you're the only person allowed to feel bitter, is that it!? IS THAT WHAT YOU"RE SAYING!!
Don't be bitter about my superior bitterness.
Image

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

I said "wrong forum" because MegaTokyo is often the prime example of bad storytelling and overrated art used in many arguments.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Sincerely
Ice Queen
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: In my frigid kingdom
Contact:

Post by Sincerely »

The Neko wrote:I said "wrong forum" because MegaTokyo is often the prime example of bad storytelling and overrated art used in many arguments.
So what you're saying is that this is the perfect forum! With all the bad storytelling and overrated art happening here, then we should be invoking MegaTokyo FAR more than we have been.
Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

I'm laughing too hard to concern myself with topic.

Post by Nyke »

Image
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

:lol:

Honestly though, his stuff wouldn't bother me if he'd started off the way he is now rather than getting me attatched to Largo's writing style first. Most of the things I like in that series I like because Largo thought them up.

I'll have to dissagree with the art though. Yeah, it's overrated, but I still think it's pretty good (his backgrounds more than anything).
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
Black Kitty
Regular Poster
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Up there!

Post by Black Kitty »

EvilChihuahua wrote:I really don't have the time to sign up for every single comic's forum, and no, It's not on his art site.
You don't have to though. It took me less then 10 seconds to find it on Google Image search.

And here it is.

User avatar
Cat42
Emo
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:21 am
Location: "Working" on Transitions. (and Confabulation)
Contact:

Post by Cat42 »

The painting is pretty, I think.

I never read Mega Tokyo though, the closest I've ever come to that is the sad girls in snow meme (at least I think that's Mega Tokyo) and Ghastly's "guest strips"
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

The Neko wrote:I said "wrong forum" because MegaTokyo is often the prime example of bad storytelling and overrated art used in many arguments.
you gotta admit, he does pretty well for somebody who can't ink :P
Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Re: I'm laughing too hard to concern myself with topic.

Post by Sortelli »

Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. I am sore from laughing at this.

User avatar
EvilChihuahua
Regular Poster
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Canadaland
Contact:

Post by EvilChihuahua »

Black Kitty wrote:
EvilChihuahua wrote:I really don't have the time to sign up for every single comic's forum, and no, It's not on his art site.
You don't have to though. It took me less then 10 seconds to find it on Google .

And here it is.
Google Image doesn't work, thanks to my Cybersitter. But thank you. I could'nt find it on google.
note: any l337 used in the previous post was used ony to avoid the poster's Cybersitter. Image

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Post by Keffria »

Yeah, his art is pretty so long as you don't look at the characters. I mean, seriously, look at that girl's FACE.

I can't talk about a comic without bringing up backgrounds, these days, and I'll admit that he does a good job with that ... but ... the FACE. o_O

Locked