Do or Die week

Do or Die week

Postby Brook on Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:01 am

I've decided this is going to be Diana's "Do or Die" week. I'm gonna try my hardest, and at the end of the week, decide what I'm gonna do with the comic. Because what's going on right now is simply no good at all. I see three possible outcomes.
1) If I'm satisfied enough with what I get done, Diana of the Hunt will continue, hopefully with a more regular updating schedule.
2) If things don't go well, then I'm going to drop the comic. I probably would have done this a while ago, but I feel that if Diana dies again, it's going to be a complete death this time. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to start it up again (unless, perhaps, I start up some other comic and actually get good at this sort of thing). Diana's been something I've wanted to do for a long time, though, and I really don't like the idea of giving up on her, which brings me to
3) I may try putting Diana into the background, as it were. The update schedule would be completely removed, and I'd focus more on my random drawings and such with the idea that, when the feeling struck, I'd try drawing a strip. This would let me go back to working on my drawing (I wasn't ready to start Diana when I did, that much is clear), without actually letting Diana die. I'm not sure how good an idea this really is, though.
All that being said, this was a decision I made yesterday, then promptly failed to get anything done, so my optimism isn't very high at this point. Still, we'll see where things are at the end of the week.
Brook

Postby Brook on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 am

Just in case anyone still reads this place, I should let you know how this turned out.
All in all, I'm encouraged. In two days, I got 75% of the strip done. If was better at self-motivation, the strip would have been up last week. The problem is, if I don't start drawing the moment I get home, it tends to not happen at all. It's something I need to work on, but I think, with a little bit of practice, I can hopefully get back to the once a week schedule I initially wanted, and work my way from there.
Brook

Postby Irene on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:22 pm

yay! an update!

I think the b&w is fine. I prefer frequency over color.

May she smite them with great vengeance.
Irene

Return to Diana of the Hunt