Enter Tem

Enter Tem

Postby The Total Anime Nut on Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:37 pm

Ah, we finally get to introduce Tem into the strip. He's certainly changed a lot since the original artwork seen in the gallery. I liked his old look, but the newer version of Tem is good, too, and probably fits in with the general look and feel of the comic better.

Enough out of me, what do you all think?
This post was brought to you by Almond Joy, but not by Mounds, because I always feel like a nut!
The Total Anime Nut

Postby Hounder on Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:50 am

< huggles the kyokki before she truly escapes >

:P

Couldn't resist. Besides, buisness before pleasure...

Now for the fun part, interesting but as mentioned before, I will wait and see how iTem develops. Never judge something at 1st sight.
Who? Me? NEVER...
Hounder

Postby Ssedrey on Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:17 am

*gasp* could it be?!? forum participation! w00t!

suppose it makes sense though, now that we've begun all new strips.

Tem's been a more difficult character to decide on a concept for. The original was awesome no doubt, and probably better than the new one. But the original was also significantly more complicated. Which means it would look awesome in a single character pic, but look horrible when I try to work him into the comic. There's no way I could keep that kind of quality of drawing up, strip after strip. Particularly since I'm pretty sure the original Tem was one of those rare drawings that I'm just not able to duplicate thereafter.

Personally, I still prefer the new one, even then. Sure, the original looks a little cooler, but most of that's from a lot of odd fluff I tacked on solely for that purpose. It's a conglomeration of a lot of pointless stuff, to make a cool looking stand alone pic that wasn't really feasible for a comic. No, the only part I think from the original that I would want to keep is some of the facial expressions and hair-stylings. Which I plan on using on a later character in the strip.
"And so the tomato spoke..." - Ssedrey
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

Return to Diana of the Hunt