Maldar

Hood Hair

Postby Ssedrey on Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:00 pm

hehe, wait until you see Tem, Sethra. I think you'll like his character design. :D Maldar doesn't quite hit the bishie mark. Perhaps if he took care of his "hood hair"...
"And so the tomato spoke..." - Ssedrey
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

Postby Hounder on Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:31 am

Wow... an update! :P
Who? Me? NEVER...
Hounder

Postby Ssedrey on Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:25 am

Now, now, Sethra. Let's not rule out CFT as a potential love interest. :)

Hounder, the raspberry, good sir, I present unto you. :P
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

Introducing (later)... TEM!

Postby The Total Anime Nut on Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:48 pm

Oh, I know you'll like Tem, Sethra, although I'm going to wait for his actual appearance in the comic before I put up the image Daniel sent me. (Should be about a week, assuming we can maintain a normal update schedule).

With every character I see, I become more and more grateful that Daniel agreed to do this with me. With Diana, it was almost as if Daniel looked at my mental image of her, she was, in a word, perfect. Maldar and Tem I didn't have a real solid image in my mind, but I could not be more pleased with how they came out.

As for the potential love interest.... wait and see... wait and see.
This post was brought to you by Almond Joy, but not by Mounds, because I always feel like a nut!
The Total Anime Nut

Maldar

Postby Anime_duck on Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:25 pm

Maldar seems like the guys who wanna seem bigger than they are. *thats why i think the stubble.. tryin to show he's tuff and stuff..* but of course.. he's probably not.. or at least he's inept.
Anime_duck
Regular Poster

Postby Hounder on Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:24 am

Or maybe he just forgets to shave...
Who? Me? NEVER...
Hounder

Postby Hounder on Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:40 am

Me as a love interest??? :-?

Uhhh.......

I'll stick with you, it's safer.
Who? Me? NEVER...
Hounder

Nyahahahaha!

Postby Ssedrey on Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:31 pm

Who ever said CFT was to be a love interest for Diana?

*dramatic music*
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

Postby Ssedrey on Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:45 pm

well, Maldar makes his new official appearance on the webcomic. I have to say of all the redrawn characters I've done so far, I'm particularly pleased with his progression. The more complex robes, as well as the better defined staff, definitely set him apart from the average magic user. Also his hair design, now inked, looks so much better. I also like how his expression comes off as now being a very capable wizard instead of a simple nerd. Sure, the beard stubble is still there to show his youth, but now he definitely looks more like someone capable of summoning demons, creating bizarre experiments, and obliterating entire merchant caravans. Heh, the way I'm beginning to feel, Maldar's design is one of the only things to assure me of late that I have gotten better since the old days.

The only other character I think I've really noticeably improved upon is CFT. Despite the fact that he's not much more of a furball, I think I've added a huge amount of depth to his expressions, and oddly enough, I did it by removing the pupils from the eyes. I figured pupils make him look too much like a creature that is more rational and can be reasoned with and less like the true demon he actually is. I also think I somehow managed to make him look more cute.
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

Postby K_One on Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:13 pm

SSed , you have really out done yourself this time. Last time I physically saw you , you were complaining about how 'my' artwork was better than yours. I know for a god-given fact that I am far below your standard. :P You did have plans to teach me better artwork , buuut...
K_One

Location: On the stairway to heaven , seeking out my goddess...

Return to Diana of the Hunt