VH1: Where Are They Now? - The DJ Rubinstein Story

VH1: Where Are They Now? - The DJ Rubinstein Story

Postby RubysAngel on Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:47 am

Special kudos to Brett for announcing the extent of DJ's injuries, but he got a few facts wrong. Here's what happened.

DJ and I were driving home from Sarasota to Orlando, when we came up on an overpass. The Crazy Bitch from Hell (From here on known as the CBFH) that was driving the S-10 of Doom (as Brett so thoughtfully named it) came flying up the on-ramp onto the highway, and struck a camaro, causing her to spin out of control. She hit both guard rails, spinning back and forth across three lanes of on-coming traffic before hitting a camry, which got in our way, and we hit. As Brett mentioned, Both of DJ's legs are broken - the tibia and fibula of both legs were fractured, as well as the third metatarsal in his left food, the top of his fibula (not his femur) in his right knee. So: Two rods, two nails, a pin, and a screw (..and a partridge in a pear tree!). He's hurting, but he's alive, and he's out of the hospital, which is all I could ever ask for. We've temporarily relocated to his parents house here in Orlando, for his recovery and physical therapy. Because he's got so much titanium in his legs, there's no need for traditional casts, only the walking splints that he's wrapped up in, now. He's pretty knackered, with all of the moving and the meds he's on (Percocet and Vicodin! Woo!) but he's comfortable, and is incredibly thankful for all of the well-wishers, and for the WONDERFULLY sweet letter he recieved yesterday, as he was being discharged. He was by far the most popular guy in the hospital, with three teams of doctors (for a grand total of 18 doctors), and all of the cards recieved in the hospital. I am truly thankful to everyone who took care of him in his time of need, to those who prayed and hoped that he would come through this alright. Hopefully we'll be able to set up his computer near him sometime soon, and he'll be back to business. Until then, I'll relay any messages you'd like to throw his way.

E-mails can be sent to RTDEG5@msn.com.

Thanks again, everybody.

-jessica
No Trees Were Harmed In The Creation Of This KeenSpace Forum Message.
However, A Significant Number Of Kilobytes Were Horribly Inconvenienced.

<a href="http://drawingtheline.keenspace.com">Drawing The Line</a> - A new web comic based on the adventures of a man who has done the unimaginable - He decided to attend an art college. Come observe the antics and survival tactics of he and his crazy, witty, sometimes odd friends, and watch as a boy becomes a man becomes an <i>artist</i>
RubysAngel
Regular Poster

Postby PrintError on Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:05 am

Hey, I tried. Hard to remember it all when heard from a scratchy cell phone :D

Jess, we were gonna bring DJ's card to him today at the hospital, but now, where should we mail it? Thanks.
"You Know I'm Your Hero" - Me
PrintError
Regular Poster

Postby RubysAngel on Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:42 am

All cards and well-wishes can now be sent to:

DJ Rubinstein
212 Morton Ln.
Winter Springs, FL

<a href="http://drawingtheline.keenspace.com">Drawing The Line</a> - A new web comic based on the adventures of a man who has done the unimaginable - He decided to attend an art college. Come observe the antics and survival tactics of he and his crazy, witty, sometimes odd friends, and watch as a boy becomes a man becomes an <i>artist</i>
RubysAngel
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11536 on Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:05 pm

Ruby thank you Sooooooooooo much for the update. I've been checking every day to see how DJ is. I even told my friends at this other set of boards that I hang at, everyone was sending warm wishes his way (they're cool that way).

I hope he got my card in time. :D

Hey, does DJ have "magic legs" now. sorry, couldn't resist the "gump" reference. :wink:
ZOMBIE USER 11536
Regular Poster

Postby PrintError on Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:38 am

Jess, the RSAD card will be in the mail as soon as I track down Eric! I just can't seem to catch him, but I can't leave him out.
"You Know I'm Your Hero" - Me
PrintError
Regular Poster

Postby RubysAngel on Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:10 am

No problem, Starlite - did you send a card, or a letter? DJ got a letter from somebody in NY just before he was discharged from the hospital, and was wondering if you were the sender. And to answer your question, no, he doesn't have "Magic Legs", though in ironic reference to the Gump reference, DJ did grow his beard out so he could be Silent Bob for halloween...Now we're thinking he might hafta be Lieutenant Dan. :-D

Oh, and Brett, take all the time you need...we';ll be here for a while.

RubysAngel
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11536 on Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:23 pm

I signed it "Starlite". hee hee.

I couldn't help the Gump reference, it was my lame attempt at a joke.
ZOMBIE USER 11536
Regular Poster

Postby RubysAngel on Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:08 am

Ahh, that's alright. Hmmph. Now I'm gonna have to figure out who Debbie is....

RubysAngel
Regular Poster

Return to Drawing the Line