Thanks

Thanks

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11536 on Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:55 am

DJ & Gang, just wanted to say thanks for todays strip.

It's a hard day for a lot of people. Myself included. I live just 30 miles north of NYC. So you can imagine the pain, the confusion, and just about every other emotion you can have going through me today.

But I don't want to bring everyone down. I'm glad I joined up here. You guys give me hope and that life does indeed move forward.

Okay, I'm done being a sap now. As DJ says....back to your regularly scheduled programming. 8)
ZOMBIE USER 11536
Regular Poster

You're more than welcome

Postby RubysAngel on Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:47 am

It makes me happy to know that we have the ability to touch even one life with our strip today. Hopefully your day is filled with quiet reflection, and not too many tears. Kick back, relax, and enjoy life. I think we've all learned in the past year that one fateful moment can change it's course completely.
No Trees Were Harmed In The Creation Of This KeenSpace Forum Message.
However, A Significant Number Of Kilobytes Were Horribly Inconvenienced.

<a href="http://drawingtheline.keenspace.com">Drawing The Line</a> - A new web comic based on the adventures of a man who has done the unimaginable - He decided to attend an art college. Come observe the antics and survival tactics of he and his crazy, witty, sometimes odd friends, and watch as a boy becomes a man becomes an <i>artist</i>
RubysAngel
Regular Poster

Postby DJRuby on Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:09 am

No, thank you, Starlite. To be honest, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to do a 9/11 comic. I was afraid that some people might just be sick of hearing about it (and for all I know, some people are). But it just seemed a little too big to try to ignore. So, I really appreciate your support. I promise, though, not too many of these somber strips. This is supposed to be a comedy, right?
Never take life too seriously...nobody gets out of it alive, anyway.

http://drawingtheline.keenspace.com
DJRuby
Regular Poster

Postby JMT on Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:11 pm

Well, I AM tired of hearing about it. BUT, as for the one that you did do, I thought it was alright.
JMT
Regular Poster

Postby DJRuby on Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:25 pm

Well, thankfully for me, you're the only one out of the 60 or so people that have seen it, now, that had anything remotely negative to say about it.

DJRuby
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11536 on Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:41 am

Here it is the next day. And this is Mamma Starlite doing a happy dance. It took to hear a song that I always loved on the ODDEST of radio stations and watching my son crack up laughing watching cartoons.

But then again, I knew I'd snap out of it sooner or later. ;)

oh & yeah, I am a MOM, yes, I'm that OLD kids. :lol:
ZOMBIE USER 11536
Regular Poster

Postby JMT on Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:52 am

I just get tired of hearing on the news in such a sensationalized manner. No one needs the media to tell them it's the one year aniversery. And no one need the stupid fanfare music and a big boom and the headline: "One Year - Aniversery of Terror" It seems news stations have no sense of what's appropriate and what's really news. But your thing wasn't like that. Aniverseries are meant for celebration, not for reflecting on tragedy because it's the same day of the month in a different year. Anyway, that's just my feeling on it.
JMT
Regular Poster

Postby Bats on Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:00 pm

I for one am also sick of hearing about the 9/11 tragedy (not to mention it falls right after my b-day), but aside from that...you know what I hate most about this Tragedy is hearing about all the bullsh*t on "America is so unified and everyone is coming together b/c of this horrible tragedy" Bull*&%^ingsh*t!

Where was everyone's love for each other and patriotism before this event?! It barely existed. The crap that people are coughing up about the whole event sickens me! Do people actually believe the shit they are saying? America is not unified, I don't think it ever will be.

And to this day people still being surprised it happened, I don't see why. America is so "loved" around the world I think we should have expected something like this to occur eventually and prepare, but we were blind and we got hit.

I am glad Dj that you wrote, not about the tragedy, but about something that hit home (for at least myself). You talked about personal things and how yes, life does go on and it always will as long as you are strong enough to pick up and move on. I just wish more people would take your approach, never to forget what happened but to try to remember the towers how they were. They do not stand for anything but a sick attack that has been brewing for years...remember the people, remember the hurt, but move on. That is how America will be stronger, and I think what people forget most is that It could have been much, much worse...and Thank God for that.
"Take what you will, I be what I may...soiled in innocent blood"
Bats

Postby JMT on Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:18 am

I agree with you on most points Bats, but I don't think what you said ("...(W)e should have expected something like this to occur eventually and prepare, but we were blind and we got hit.") is a valid argument. This is not something we could have stopped and will be able to stop in the future. The concept of security in a free nation (and I'll use the term 'free' loosely for the purposes of this argument only) is a naive man's illusion. Here's the 9/11/02 Boondocks strip, which illustrates both our points:

JMT
Regular Poster

Postby DJRuby on Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:38 am

Ah, JMT. You can answer everything with a Boondocks strip, can't you? One day I picture you evolving into some kinda lifeform that communicates ONLY in Boondocks strips.

DJRuby
Regular Poster

Postby JMT on Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:13 pm

It's not my fault The Boondocks so clearly and so concisely addresses every issue I come across while yapping with fools on the internet in such a way that its mere display put people in their place.
JMT
Regular Poster

Postby DJRuby on Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:52 pm

Well, I wouldn't give it THAT much credit...but...ok...

But, anyway, those're good points, and you're welcome to argue them if y'all really want to. But in the case of the comic, I was specifically trying to avoid the politics of it all. Because, to the average person, it shouldn't matter why it happened, or who's at fault. We shouldn't be arguing over whether it was the "evil" radical jihad culture that is to blame, or whether it was our own fault with our decadent self-important society. All that SHOULD matter to people is that it happened. We can't change that. All we can do is accept it, learn what we can from it, and then move on. 'S the only point I was trying to get across.

And Starlite, don't feel worried just because you're the only mom, here (for now). I'm glad to get some feedback from a mom, other than my own (who just loves EVERY comic...of course).

DJRuby
Regular Poster

Postby PrintError on Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:08 am

I really enjoyed the 9/11/2 comic actually. It wasn't sad and sappy like I worried it would've been. A good, hearty stream from the soul of DJ. Good work, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

--
The One Time I'll Ever Be Serious

...partially

Moof,
Brett
PrintError
Regular Poster

Postby DJRuby on Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:41 am

:) Well, thanks for the compliment, and the attempt at seriousness, Brett. Though, I think it's difficult to have a serious post that ends with "moof".

DJRuby
Regular Poster

Postby JMT on Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:07 pm

moof what moof about moof a moof post moof where moof the moof word moof "moof" moof is moof every moof other moof word moof in moof the post moof?
JMT
Regular Poster

Postby DJRuby on Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:31 pm

A post like that would just be ridiculous...hypothetically.

DJRuby
Regular Poster

Postby Bats on Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:29 am

:o a ridiculous post?! well what a shocker there.....I mean aren't most of these posts, or should I say, lack of posts, at least semi-ridiculous??? I mean, look at brett
"Take what you will, I be what I may...soiled in innocent blood"
Bats

Return to Drawing the Line