The Jar And SGVY

The Jar And SGVY

Postby Dewrf on Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:53 pm

i was just wondering if this is why the jar ended(i know its probaly in past topics but im to lazy to go looking)....was the resion the jar ended because it was to chaotic(which can be a good thing) and that the lack of continuatiy and genraly sense made it hard to make comics for? if this is so then SGVY looks to have a bright furtcher....

BTW i'm hoping u dont mind me making some suggestions but heres soem things i thought of while reading your lastest page....

While so far the comic has been great u have missed out one or two times to add some great sceans for example your last strip at the top showed Yuuki saying that he/she bought a ticket for the subway so theres no need to jump across buildings(as it would be a waste) but it dident show what heppend on the ride it just shot straght to the monster which can be a good thing down the road to skip past things that have no use in the comic or have been done before but this time it could have eiter added soem plot/ fleshed out a charter or been a realy funny joke....

what i mean is u could have added some shots of Yuuki sat alone in a crowed train talking to err that thing....and as a joke have someone in the crowed wolf wissile at him/her

These short sceans can be used to show a charters reactions to certin situactions for example would Yuuki act masculen or femanine to the wolf wissile? also it can be used as comic ralife between serius or lots of action sceans...as so far its been all mayjor sceans with little or no short scens of plot or comic releaf...

Anyhow hope u get what im talking about here and dont try to lynch me to much O_o

p.s. i was also wondering are u going to reuse any of the charters from the jar? cos a lot of ppl have already got used to some of them or anyhow at lest give them a cammo like some shots of them in the background in a crowed or something....u know to let them live on even in a small way as part of the sceanery.

p.p.s. plz plz plz ignore the spelling and gramor mistacks.

Hope this helps i hope :'/

-Dewrf
Dewrf

Postby Insane on Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:55 am

Bah. Kitty put the Jar on haitus(however you spell it) Tom is thinkin of jackin it up and yadayada blahblah other topic blahblah
I should do something with this blank space...
Insane
Regular Poster

fleshing it out

Postby Ajcg51 on Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:31 pm

well, about the fleshing it out bit, remember, this is a Monday and Friday comic (not M/W/F) so personally, if I had to wait a whole week to get the interesting bits would slaughter my psyche... :wink:
Alex
Ajcg51
Regular Poster

Postby Dewrf on Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:10 pm

Yea but remember there is only so much action and intresting things that u can do and genraly u dont make plot with the intresting sceans its the small filler stuff between the big stuff that fill in the plot....

but anyhow its all up wot kitty and tom anyhow
Dewrf

Postby Person_Z on Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:13 pm

whats sad is i was about to ask the same thing and i just got all registerd 2 damn u quick man of quickness.... ya
Person_Z

Postby Ryonin on Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:17 pm

They'll write the story how they write the story.
And most of the material you suggest to "flesh out the story" is commonly referred to as filler... Or in the case of most authors, they explain it away as fleshing out the story.

So they decided to skip the easy "This is how he's going to act on the train, whee... lame excuse for development!" in leu of advancing the story.
Ryonin

Return to Montrose Academy