Grrrrr!! Don't be making fun of me!!!

Postby Burtonos on Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:39 am

okay, what the heck is flcl?
we look for things...things that make us go
Burtonos
Regular Poster

Postby Ajcg51 on Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:28 pm

FLCL, otherwise know as Furi Kuri or Fooly Cooly Its been out on DVD for awhile but I was holding out for the Englished dubbed hybrids...so for those that hate dubs, it's got the jap aswell.

FuriKuri is about some really weird stuff... I'll summarise the back of the DVD...

there is a 12 yearold boy called Naota...oh heck, just go to this website

http://www.furikuri.com/

p.s. the anime rocks...and I got a free keyring...bless you http://www.rightstuf.com
Alex
Ajcg51
Regular Poster

Postby Futaba on Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:28 am

Our first panty shot as promise on panel one. An a all color page at that. Most be getting better with the coloring program.
Futaba

Re: Escaflowne...

Postby Erickei on Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:57 am

Zaki wrote:Does anyone remember when Escaflowne aired on Fox Kids?
They also deleted the first episode entirely, presumably because it didn't have enough "action"...the action in it became the intro to the US version; I heard they brought it back in full for the home video/dvd release tho...

my 2 cents: I've never been that big into magical girl anime, but i can tolerate it (except for Sailor Moon)...i'm more of a bubblegum crisis fan (lessee...cyberpunky mecha (sorta), girls, a relatively coherent plot, and classic rock...? sign me up ^_^), and I like some of Gundam...burtonos and other gundam fans: check out the MSG0089: Stardust Memory miniseries if you can find it, i think it's still fansub only, it's quite good and has a decent plot.

...tho I'm a huge fan of Tenchi Muyou! Ryo-oh-Ki (original OAV series), Record of Lodoss War, and older stuff like Akira.
"The last time Cerebus sold someone a witch, he spent six months eating flies on a lilypad."
- Cerebus, from Dave Sim's Cerebus crossover in an early TMNT book
=================
from QDB:

"There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."

=============
" When we are older you'll understand
What I meant when I said "No,
I don't think life is quite that simple"

~ "Simple and Clean", from Kingdom Hearts
Erickei
Regular Poster

Postby Hayasaka Kosei on Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:52 am

....Magical girl anime?

If it's by CLAMP, it's wonderful.

However, I happen to like the magical guy stories more o.0
Naanderu ta-aaru kuroman yohn....ausu toraro pitekusu jawa pekin!
Hayasaka Kosei
Regular Poster

Postby Burtonos on Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:22 am

i'm still overewelmed with forboding over abc picking up digimon. well disney start buying rights to japanese stuff to make fodder for thier movie machine?!?
we look for things...things that make us go
Burtonos
Regular Poster

Postby Bryn Cox on Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:30 am

Zaki wrote:Escaflowne is supposed to be targeted towards the ladies, yes. That is the reason why they have guys in it. I believe the word is called "Bishonen"?
Does anyone remember when Escaflowne aired on Fox Kids? Well, if you do, to let you know, they took it down becuase about right in the middle of the series they discovered it was targeted towards girls rather than boys and then replaced it with Nascar Drivers. (Who in their right mind would replace Escaflowne with that crap?)

I remember but it was on in Canada on YTV so i didn't care and ended up pirating the japanese sub-titled episodes off my dear friend the internet
Those were the days....
Bryn Cox

Postby RandomPING on Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:37 am

I hated that nascar driver show. I mean, since when did they become super heros for being able to drive cars in circles? I want to see a cartoon about city taxi drivers with crazy powers, that would at least be more entertaining.
-----
~Ping
"Mohamed, with the ablity to control traffic! Comes with Kung Foo grip"
RandomPING
Regular Poster

Postby TotalFool on Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:52 am

erickei wrote: and I like some of Gundam...burtonos and other gundam fans: check out the MSG0089: Stardust Memory miniseries if you can find it, i think it's still fansub only, it's quite good and has a decent plot.

Isn't Stardust Memories playing on the Cartoon Channel's Adult Swim? I seem to remember seeing it on Saturday night.
Tim the Foolish
TotalFool

Previous

Return to Montrose Academy