Current RPing position

Current RPing position

Postby ZOMBIE USER 10786 on Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:27 pm

I've been receiving a lot of emails and messages about the exclusion of RPing from these forums, and I would like to take this time to explain the Academy's decision. I enjoy role-playing time to time, but these forums are not the place for this. This is a forum for discussing Montrose Academy's works. RPing is currently not allowed in this forum because RPing drives many posters away because it is either annoying to them or causes them to feel left out. In the previous incarnations of the forums, we tried to separate the RPing from the rest of the forum by offering a separate RP section in hopes of keeping everyone, both RPers and non-RPers, happy. However, the RPing managed to seep into all sections of the forum again causing many newbies and non-RPers to not post or even read the forums. So in order to be more diverse and more inclusive of all posters in this incarnation of the forums, Tom_Swan and I have decided to disallow RPing at this time.

I agree that RPing is not something to be discouraged. There are many boards out there designed for RPing, and I encourage you and your friends to join these boards in order to play out your fantasies. Just please do not bring them onto these forums.

Tom_Swan and I are considering creating a way to allow RPing on future incarnations of the forums. We wish to keep everyone happy in the Montrose Academy forums. Please be patient with us and continue the good conversation.

Kittyhawk (Montrose Academy)
ZOMBIE USER 10786
Regular Poster

Return to Montrose Academy