THIS IS THE FIRST TOPIC BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE MODERATOR

THIS IS THE FIRST TOPIC BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE MODERATOR

Postby Labgoat on Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:26 pm

I just want to tell you, TDoM is ROCKING MY SOCKS. Your style is simple, but your faces really convey a lot. The humor fits the story, in which I'm sure we'll see greater development. Two thumbs up!
LabGoats, Inc.
Ask Dr. Science
A Humor Site...FOR SCIENCE!!!
Labgoat
Regular Poster

Postby CaptainSpam on Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:04 am

Don't be so quick to judge, Petie. They <b>STILL</b> haven't made me the moderator yet. :-)

Glad ya like the faces... That was one of the main things that kept me from starting this mess months and months ago, an inability to draw faces. So, I kinda experimented on my own until I could whip out faces well enough to convey enough emotion. Thus, a bit of extra attention is paid to the faces and emotions. Plus the fact I draw rather large heads...

And about the humor and the stories... Aye, I try to keep things humorous most of the time, but I've got plenty of nifty stories planned out, some of which get downright dark. But, during the years in which I planned said stories, I made the mistake of always assuming the characters were defined. Then I realized that <b>I'm</b> the only person who knows these people. So, you'll have to put up with a few simpler plots until I feel everyone's comfortable with my characters. Then I pull the big guns. Queen Janis, Marzos, Ogin the dwarf, the river merfolk, Stephanie, maybe an author plot or two (Note that I never <i>break</i> the fourth wall, per se... the camera just shifts perspective. :-) ), Lance, Howard and Tilly-Willy, the theatre, war, weather... and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Well, the ones I want to hint at, anyway. >;-)

I'm glad you're satisfied. I do not plan on letting you down.
- CaptainSpam
The Dementia of Magic - Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
CaptainSpam
Regular Poster

Return to Dementia of Magic